[Q] Not recognized by computer, Red dot of death
- Had CM 10.2 nothing else crazy (unlocked/rooted)
- One day wifi started acting up (kept dropping) and USB started not being recognized.
- Decided that maybe software might be acting up, switched to PA 3.99RC2: FUll Wipe, reinstall
- Next day riding out to a meeting phone starts rebooting randomly while running Google maps and music
- Keeps locking up and rebooting
- Getting really hot
- Turn phone off, go to meeting
- Phone will not turn back on (solid red dot by usb)
- Go home
- Recovery no go, phone will not charge on wall or USB charging at all.
- Red dot comes on when plugged into wall then turns off after about 30min, plugging/unplugging turns the solid red dot on again.
- Put on wireless charger, for an hour
- Phone boots up, at 60% charge
- USB only charges phone does not send any kind of signal that it is there, no windows sound, nothing in device manager
- No charging light at all, but the icon shows as charging.
- Have airdroid installed, might try stock google, but it looks like something hardware related.
Has anyone experienced something similar?
Since I don't have ADB working how do I return to stock? (I presume unpackage the distro, airdroid them over, and then install individually?)
I called Google and they say that if they deem that the phone works, not only will they keep the phone I sent them, but they will also charge me for another nexus 4, this is kinda BS and wiht the Nexus 5 around the corner it seems even more BS.
Not sure what to do, as I have about another 1.5 weeks of warranty left. The USB seems jacked up but I am not sure if there are other diagnostics to confirm.