[DER KERNEL] NS+4G Trinity (E)UV and OC ICS + JB roms

Search This thread

saranyan

Jul 18, 2011
Chennai
Is it just me or does T11 at 1ghz stutter? I noticed that browser takes some time to load and over all i felt it to be a bit laggy,

Tried running at 1096 but got reboots because my phone has never been able to run OC:p

Now running t12 at 1 Ghz and everything seems fine.

Main concern is battery life because out of all the kernels running at 1 Ghz, T11 gave me the best battery life, T12 gives a bit less.

_yaz_

Dec 15, 2011
Is it just me or does T11 at 1ghz stutter? I noticed that browser takes some time to load and over all i felt it to be a bit laggy,

Tried running at 1096 but got reboots because my phone has never been able to run OC:p

Now running t12 at 1 Ghz and everything seems fine.

Main concern is battery life because out of all the kernels running at 1 Ghz, T11 gave me the best battery life, T12 gives a bit less.
see here :
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25153818&postcount=10803
it explains everything. what your phone exhibits is the expected behaviour ;)

Reactions: saranyan

Randomwalker

Dec 5, 2011
using root explorer or something similar, go to /system/etc/init.d/. if there are any files in there besides for 98tweak or 99complete, delete them and reboot. those would be left overs from other kernels besides trinity.

Does this include 00banner for CM9 users? Should that be deleted, too?

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

dinos3

Dec 31, 2011
Rascream with latest 132 - love it

2mpcrqv.png

awesome!!! like it !

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Does this include 00banner for CM9 users? Should that be deleted, too?

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

you can leave 00banner if you want. if you want, you can delete 99complete too.

Thanks for the answer. Does this mean that the booting @ 1 GHz is now default for the Trinity kernels?

yea, theyll be defaulted to 1ghz at boot.

Getting weird tear when closing an app.

Sent from my Nexus S

???
can you elaborate?

sdhanjal15

Mar 8, 2012
Its like a flicker when. Losing an app. Not a clean close...idk. its probably just me. Oh and thanks!!! The colors and everything is a amazing

Sent from my Nexus S

karx23

Oct 14, 2010
Flashed T12 yesterday and had the best experience ever. Played some games and everything was smooth and responsive. Put the phone in airplane mode when I went to sleep and today everything is laggy. Rebooted once just in case but nothing changed. Can't understand what happened. I' m on oxygen ics. Maybe it's the rom.

rickbosch

Mar 3, 2011
Cape Town
I get the screen cutting up as well, mostly when exiting apps with white backgrounds. Gmail, the market and messaging are the three main culprits. it doesn't lag, the background just doesn't fade away smoothly.

Sent from my Nexus S

Reactions: dark06

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I get the screen cutting up as well, mostly when exiting apps with white backgrounds. Gmail, the market and messaging are the three main culprits. it doesn't lag, the background just doesn't fade away smoothly.

Sent from my Nexus S

1. which kernel?
2. have you deleted the extra stuff in your /system/etc/init.d/ folder?
3. will you try deleting the app data for those apps then reopen them?

Yes!!! Going back to.matrix...sorry

Sent from my Nexus S

c ya! :p

rickbosch

Mar 3, 2011
Cape Town
Hi simms, I've tried all of them, TEUV handles it the best. Tried clearing app data, on oxygen at the moment, but tried on BB and the same thing happens.

I don't use init.d scripts at all.

I also notice a slight green tinge when unlocking the phone with a pattern. Just as the screen turns on. Only on auto brightness though, I know it was resolved, but I get it on Oxygen, BB and Ras Cream Sandwich again.

Happy to try help as much as I can.

Sent from my Nexus S

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Hi simms, I've tried all of them, TEUV handles it the best. Tried clearing app data, on oxygen at the moment, but tried on BB and the same thing happens.

I don't use init.d scripts at all.

I also notice a slight green tinge when unlocking the phone with a pattern. Just as the screen turns on. Only on auto brightness though, I know it was resolved, but I get it on Oxygen, BB and Ras Cream Sandwich again.

Happy to try help as much as I can.

Sent from my Nexus S

are you on the latest kernel? because i havent heard of anyone with the green flicker in a long time. and when i said about cleaning the init.d folder, i didnt mean that you use init.d scripts. but every custom kernel has their own init.d files. trinity has 98tweak and 99complete. if you have any other file in there, delete it. custom kernels/roms tend to leave these behind when flashing other kernels and could cause issues with your current kernel.

heres the latest kernels in case you got the older ones..

Originally Posted by simms22
new set of nexus s and ns4g kernels. wifi works with the very latest cm9(nightlies)/kangs AND with the older cm9(nightlies)/kangs. oh, and wifi works with any other rom too. the cm team should have done it this way in the first place, instead of breaking it for everybody else

teuv http://goo.gl/IWNH4
t11 http://goo.gl/1y0YC
t12 http://goo.gl/zxg4T
t132 http://goo.gl/O4hIa
t144 http://goo.gl/fXKuV

rickbosch

Mar 3, 2011
Cape Town
Those are the ones you uploaded yesterday right? I tried them in hopes of fixing the problem. It's not a flicker, but when the screen turns there is definitely a slight green tinge, no flicker or anything, overlaying the screen.

I only use trinity & thalamus kernels, so trinity is the only source of scripts, but I clear them before anyways. I will try to get a video tomorrow for you guys. That said, these are MINOR graphical glitches, nothing else, so could be rom related as well. Either way, love the work, just thought I would share my experience.

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
Those are the ones you uploaded yesterday right? I tried them in hopes of fixing the problem. It's not a flicker, but when the screen turns there is definitely a slight green tinge, no flicker or anything, overlaying the screen.

I only use trinity & thalamus kernels, so trinity is the only source of scripts, but I clear them before anyways. I will try to get a video tomorrow for you guys. That said, these are MINOR graphical glitches, nothing else, so could be rom related as well. Either way, love the work, just thought I would share my experience.

If rom adjustments are made/used that used to cause the green flip on dim.
Not sure which way they could still cause it now though, offsets are applied differently than back then.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: rickbosch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's DoW if you owned a Vibrant before, Trinity is the name in its passport though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files and source:

www . Der Kernel . com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ICS:

• Voodoo Sound V10 (Thanks supercurio)
    • Trinity Spice (based on voodoo color V1 by supercurio)
    • BLN (Backlight notification) (Big Thanks Neldar)
    • Backlight dimmer by Ezekeel
    • Based on Samsung git source.
    • Safeboot to lower clock, higher need a tool like setcpu or no-frills CPU control
    • New Trinity bootanimation by @rascarlo
    • TUN module (Tunneling/VPN support)
    • CIFS module (Samba support)
    • EXT4 tweaks
    • Most lean build achievable.
    • Not a rebooter.

JB: WIP

For CM, to use this kernel flash the CM Black Screen Fix (Thanks JackpotClavin and lurtis)

Thanks to @RyanMacG for euroskank hosting​

When "Just Flash It" didn't work:

• Flash rom.
    • Flash kernel.
    • Power off.
    • Pull battery for 2 minutes.
    • Put battery back
    • Now boot phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GPS woes? Try this .apk, worked wonders on GB.

Endursa shared this GL fixing link. Follow it, see 65fps on Quadrant planet like it was meant to be.

T for Trinity
    UV for undervolt (you would want to uninstall setcpu like apps and just run it)
    EUV represents a 880MHz top speed power savings kernel, snappy still? You Bet'cha!
    144 for 1.44GHz (I will rethink this when the 10GHz phones hit the market)
    -Any means it uses Koush's anykernel scripting to install trinity using the original ramdisk, making it possible to use it on m(any) roms w/o needing a special version.
    (X)A new kernel just born by my slacker hands, feel free to use it, we think it's good even if it was eXperimental just moments ago. (X) comes off when we feel it's a daily driver.
    I'm sorry but i won't build crespo anymore because of aosp.
    Also, I never had this device, I was building for it because of Simms and another friend.
    Thank you guys for everything.
    It's always sad to drop a nexus.
    Peace out
    I assume I need to write something.. ras cream sandwich is something that I've built for myself, Mr Morfic, and doctor Semeon. I also write Android apps, some are on the market, some only on my phones, and some on my eclipse. While building, I've always shared my builds with Semeon and Daniel because they are my best Android friends, and they help me with their warm support. Once the build went public, few haters really pissed me off and that really burnt. So I decided to pull the build and share it only with a few people. I was probably wrong because this is a community. And as a community, we should share. Different roms share many things because the os is the same, but the core can be really different. The ui might look very similar between different roms but this should not let people believe I've kanged someone else work. Morfic and Semeon can tell you about my daily progress. So I'm thinking about sharing the build with you again. I won't create a new thread because I don't care about developer flags or such, or stupid questions from one click root tools users. This is a thread of "advanced" users which share the same love for Daniels Trinity kernels. Next build will be up here in the next few days. Only few language packages, or even only en US/en GB, will be built in. I'm currently focusing on my launcher project. Which will be built in.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Thanks Semeon and Daniel
    new build of rasbeanjelly is up
    http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=rasbeanjelly&device=crespo

### Changelog
    - Expand Desktop in Power Menu
    - CircleBattery: Revamped charging animation
    - Update Calendar
    - Update Google Play Service

brainmaster will take care of your init.d
    thank you sir, as always
    i like this

IJbEk.png

Circle Battery implementation
    - Done 100% in pure code, wont blow up the framework with countless png resources
    - View can be shown with or without percentage as text inside
    - Indicator turns holo-red below 15%.

so this is pure code, no extra png files.
    this means it won't ask for more resources. it is just a call for the android system how to display the battery. same as percentage now.
    what do you think?