Not able to enable thermal throthling

Search This thread

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
thermal throttle is on automatically. even with thermal throttle on, its easy to hit those temps. the phone will warm up faster than thermal throttle kicks in, especially when pushing the cpu/gpu. those temps that youre seeing while gaming are normal while gaming. your cpu temp will also depend on your ambient temp. if its warm around you already, the phone will see higher temps. safety shutdown is at 100C, your temps are well within safety.

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi
thermal throttle is on automatically. even with thermal throttle on, its easy to hit those temps. the phone will warm up faster than thermal throttle kicks in, especially when pushing the cpu/gpu. those temps that youre seeing while gaming are normal while gaming. your cpu temp will also depend on your ambient temp. if its warm around you already, the phone will see higher temps. safety shutdown is at 100C, your temps are well within safety.

Maybe they are in safety limits and I kw u r used to high temperatures..;)
But the problem is why I m not able to edit that file.....u only showed me how to enable and disable thermal throttling and at that time also the settings were not able to stick on reboot but at that time the settings were stuck with Y, this time its N. :eek:

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Maybe they are in safety limits and I kw u r used to high temperatures..;)
But the problem is why I m not able to edit that file.....u only showed me how to enable and disable thermal throttling and at that time also the settings were not able to stick on reboot but at that time the settings were stuck with Y, this time its N. :eek:

thermal throttle settings dont stick after a reboot. shouldnt anyways. lets check that you are looking in the right place. thermal throttle is in /sys/module/msm_thermal/parameters/enabled/. open enabled and check, N is off, Y is on. if its off, open enabled in a file editor(i use root explorer. if you open normal, you cant change, if you open long press and open in a text editor, you can change) then change it to Y.

anyways, i missed what rom/kernel you are using..

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi
thermal throttle settings dont stick after a reboot. shouldnt anyways. lets check that you are looking in the right place. thermal throttle is in /sys/module/msm_thermal/parameters/enabled/. open enabled and check, N is off, Y is on. if its off, open enabled in a file editor(i use root explorer. if you open normal, you cant change, if you open long press and open in a text editor, you can change) then change it to Y.

anyways, i missed what rom/kernel you are using..

Yea exactly that folder and that file.
Stock rom and stock kernel....I m using, the thing is after flashing the stock boot file it should have changed that
N to Y shouldn't it.?.…..but it's not changing it....have a look at the screen shots just after the restart and yea busybox is not installed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-07-22-39-28.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-07-22-39-28.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_2014-02-07-22-33-06.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-07-22-33-06.png
    75 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_2014-02-07-22-33-02.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-07-22-33-02.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 29

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Yea exactly that folder and that file.
Stock rom and stock kernel....I m using, the thing is after flashing the stock boot file it should have changed that
N to Y shouldn't it.?.…..but it's not changing it....have a look at the screen shots just after the restart and yea busybox is not installed

what root enabled file explorer are you using? do you enble root in it before editing the file?

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi
@simms22 @viking37 ok guyz I have got it working, thanks for your help
I think something was wrong with franco test image of r33 feb 4 version or maybe it is designed to work like that?
I flashed back that kernel and then changed the N to Y and rebooted, on boot it sticked with Y.
Then I flashed the stock kernel and yea now my file shows Y .

But I m still guessing what changes that kernal made that after flashing the stock kernel also that file didn't change?

Reactions: simms22

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I think something was wrong with franco test image of r33 feb 4 version or maybe it is designed to work like that?
I flashed back that kernel and then changed the N to Y and rebooted, on boot it sticked with Y.

But I m still guessing what changes that kernal made that after flashing the stock kernel also that file didn't change?

franco kernel changes system files, so just changing the kernel wont change them back. dirty flashing your rom before flashing another kernel would fix it. dirty flashing meaning not wiping anything when you flash it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.