Very Sensitive S Pen

Search This thread

bobyboby

Jul 30, 2007
Upstate NY
For people who have fixed their problems through adjusting the potentiometer, please post the type of problem you were having. I suspect it being A-2

There are more than two types of problems, let's see

A: overly sensitive
A-1 overly sensitive only for certain area(s)
A-2 overly sensitive across the whole screen

B: overly insensitive
B-1 only for certain area(s)
B-2 across the whole screen

Can people specify type of the problem they are having? Mine is A-1, top right corner is the problem area.

hurricane3d

Oct 8, 2010
Pirna
There are more than two types of problems, let's see

A: overly sensitive
A-1 overly sensitive only for certain area(s)
A-2 overly sensitive across the whole screen

B: overly insensitive
B-1 only for certain area(s)
B-2 across the whole screen

Can people specify type of the problem they are having? Mine is A-1, top right corner is the problem area.

Mine was B-1, a belt about a quarter Inch on the right side of the screen which had minor response. Now it works after tuning the Pen.

regards

Last edited:

sanusweetsmile

Apr 4, 2011
Mumbai
an observation here: it seems that false clicking only happens when the little hovering circle originates from the problem area, that is, there is NO problem if s-pen hovers outside the area first and then enters.

I have kept snote open feature when I remove s pen from the slot it has a cross mark and a check mark for saving in corner when it is placed anywhere on the screen and I hover over the cross mark nothing happens but when I position the cross mark in upper right cirnwr and when I hover it with s pen the s note closes

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

ron2k_1

Sep 13, 2012
Belize City
I have an A-2 case. However, mines is very sporadically specially after the the is removed from the silo. Once it is out, I may get a ghost FALSE touch every now and again. But very rarely.

I'm really afraid of messing with the potento??? (whatever). Mines doesn't seem as severe as the others, I wouldn't even know in which direction to turn the darn thing as I hear some turn it clockwise and others counterclockwise and still get good results.

Ron

bobyboby

Jul 30, 2007
Upstate NY
try this: position the cross mark in upper right corner, then start hovering, not on the cross mark initially, but somewhere below the cross mark, then gradually hover onto the cross mark, does it still close the s-note?

I have kept snote open feature when I remove s pen from the slot it has a cross mark and a check mark for saving in corner when it is placed anywhere on the screen and I hover over the cross mark nothing happens but when I position the cross mark in upper right cirnwr and when I hover it with s pen the s note closes

sanusweetsmile

Apr 4, 2011
Mumbai
try this: position the cross mark in upper right corner, then start hovering, not on the cross mark initially, but somewhere below the cross mark, then gradually hover onto the cross mark, does it still close the s-note?

Yes it is closing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Nope it is not closing now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Paganister

Jun 12, 2011
I contacted Samsung again about the phone reset not removing the problem. This time they offered to send a pen out to me! Hopefully this will work:

Samsung said:
Thank you for contacting Samsung.
I’m sorry you are experiencing problems with your phone. I can
understand your frustration about this not functioning properly.
We could send you out a new S pen to see if this resolves the issue. To
help us confirm your warranty status, please provide us with the
following information:
1) Serial number and IMEI number (located underneath the battery, serial
number begins with S/N:R)
2) Date and place of purchase
3) Your full postal address
Please let us know if you would like to proceed with a new S pen being
sent out.
If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and
we will be more than happy to help.
Kind regards,
Roisin
Online Support Team

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Its weird for me, when I first pull out the S pen, it gets very sensitive and select things on the screen on air view without me purposely selecting it. But after a couple of minutes it behaves normally :confused::confused:

ron2k_1

Sep 13, 2012
Belize City
Its weird for me, when I first pull out the S pen, it gets very sensitive and select things on the screen on air view without me purposely selecting it. But after a couple of minutes it behaves normally :confused::confused:

Thats exactly my case. Then it behaves ok, but still every now and again it still fires the pen without touching the screen. Hense my fear with medsing around with the buttons; are you going to do the potentiometer thingy?

Ron

EFCLEE

Sep 15, 2012
I had my GN2 since last Tuesday and had this issue from day 1, tried to spin the nib a few times to no avail

Contacted 3 Mobile who looked up there list of known faults and they had never heard of this!! yer yer i smell something!!

Anyways, was talked into a factory reset, which uve guessed it didn't fix it, replacement will be with me Tuesday, Just hope this one works!!

PS. Oversensitive 1-2 CM from screen on entire screen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are two potentiometers directly under the S-Pens button. Left potentiometer (the one that is nearest to the lead) controls the sensitivity of the pen. Adjusting the potentiometer counterclockwise increases sensitivity. Just remove the button cover, and slightly modify the potentiometer.

http://www.android-hilfe.de/samsung...e-2-schlechte-verarbeitung-5.html#post4218059
    There are two potentiometers directly under the S-Pens button. Left potentiometer (the one that is nearest to the lead) controls the sensitivity of the pen. Adjusting the potentiometer counterclockwise increases sensitivity. Just remove the button cover, and slightly modify the potentiometer.

http://www.android-hilfe.de/samsung...e-2-schlechte-verarbeitung-5.html#post4218059

Nice to see a link to my original Post for adjusting the S-Pen here on xda. :)

But my Account there @android-hilfe.de was deleted last night by the Administrator, because i defended myself against a Moderator, who closed several Threads without warning. Now I am here and I want to help the guys (and girls) here on xda.

To open the Pen, just take a pin and put it in the little gap between the pen and the piece of plastic of the button. Then clip the plastic of the button out in upper direction.

best regards

hurricane3d
    Funny as I also had this weird behavior, and just rotating a little bit the tip loosened it up, and now all is well.
    Tried to reproduce the issue with normal usage, and I wasn't able to trigger it again... will observe for a day and see what to do, as this N2 is just sweeeeet working ! :)

Thx for the tip! :good:
    the s-pen works with a button integrated into the tip, so it can't cause touches without actually touching something.
    it most likely means your tip is broken/stuck so it constantly thinks you're touching the screen.

you can try moving the tip around a bit to see if loosens it enough to respond the way it should, but if that doesn't work you'll have to contact samsung or the store you bought your note 2 at to get either the stylus or the entire phone replaced.
    replacing the stylus should be enough, but stores usually don't replace single accessories when they are included with a device.
    This is what Samsung replied to me. I might as well try it to see if it makes a difference:

Thank you for contacting Samsung.
    I am sorry that you are having issues with the S Pen of your Galaxy note
    II, I can appreciate your frustration with this as it is a relatively
    new device.
    A feature of the S Pen is that when within 30mm of the screen, it
    disables touch pad functionality with the finger. It should not however
    actually do anything without contact with the screen.
    Please be advised that the issue reported with the handset indicates
    that it may need a software reset, or re-flashing of the firmware, in
    order for it to operate normally again.
    Before doing this, you should backup all the data from your phone before
    going to Menu > Settings > backup and Restore > Select appropriate
    functions from list.
    If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and
    we will be more than happy to help.
    Kind regards,
    Mícheál