[CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Deafcyclist

Dec 31, 2009
Alexander City
lostear.com
Why can't we just lock this thread as there are still people who don't read the thread anyway still posting here? If we lock it up, it would encourage them to look for the more current thread on XDAndroid.

ryannathans

Dec 4, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Whining about locking the thread will not get it locked.

Contacting a moderator will.

In the future, please do not bump it by posting 'lock this thread' and instead privately message a moderator.

I have informed a moderator and an appropriate decision will be made shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, we've got a new release for you tonight.

No it's not Gingerbread :(

XDAndroid 2.2.1 Build FRX04 is out now.

It includes 3D improvements from [acl], as well as synchronizing the minor changes from the upstream Android froyo branch. System image and OTA package are both available from the above link.

Thanks!
    Folks, I'm pleased to announce our first public testing release of XDAndroid Gingerbread.

This is a work-in-progress build, of course. But it is also already well-refined. Performance is on-par with or improved from Froyo in most cases. Core system applications are mostly stable.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Google Apps will behave badly from time to time (arrrghhh noted blank window issues, for example)
    • GPS is not working (driver needs to be reimplemented) and Location services are generally missing as well
    • Accelerometer support is missing (driver needs to be reimplemented)
    • Bluetooth is not working, even on TI devices (crashes when activating - disabled in this build)
    • Other functionality and stability issues will occur

The system image is available for download immediately at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-gingerbread-testing.ext2.zip. This has been signed with our release keys, which means you might be able to use a froyo data.img with it, but this is in no way supported (it's a testing build after all). If you have issues with previous data images, start fresh and try again before reporting issues.

If you are going to use this build, please report issues via our IRC channel or bug tracker. Thanks!

And go easy on arrrghhh. It's tough answering the same questions over and over! :D
    Another release!

This time it's the Froyo branch. We've got build FRX05 available for download now. This is a minor release with a major new feature. :)

The short list of changes from FRX04 to FRX05...

• Camera support - both photo and video capture (without sound currently) are working. This depends on kernel support, so only Rhodium and Topaz are supported currently. Huge thanks to Jerome Bruneaux (viruscrazy on XDA) for basically doing all the work.
    • Switch build variants from engineering to user-debug for slight speedup.
    There's no OTA update.zip this time. I accidentally got rid of the FRX04 target files, needed to generate the incremental patches.

Thanks for using XDAndroid!
    [12/11] Updated version of FRX03 Package

XDAndroid2.2.1.FRX03.Froyo.121110.zip

Contains:
    • Version 2.2.1 FRX03 system.ext2 (taken from xdandroid.com)
    • Latest RootFS (rootfs-20101115-42b44e2)
    • Updated Kernel to Dec-11 (htc-msm-linux-20101211)

Hi guys. I hope this isn't stepping on any toes with the XDAndroid maintainers but I have put together a rebuild of the FRX03 archive package because it was becoming painful to watch how many people were just installing the old cab version of FRX03 (Froyo 2.2) from Project Android page. :eek:

Even though the setup utility will automatically update the kernel and rootfs, it still doesn't fix the broken system.ext2 that is in that cab (you have to go and get that manually from xdandroid.com). Furthermore I have updated the kernel to the Dec-11 release that (AFAIK) will not be available to the utility until the glemsome autobuild is working again.

I realise that we have just had an unofficial Dec-16 kernel pop up in the 3d driver thread (and I am testing that right now) but since it is only a few hours old I didn't want to put that straight into this package.

Hopefully this will help a few folks getting started with FRX03 :)

EDIT: Oh, I just realised that something I did not change (even though I probably should have) is the default 700MHz overclock that this package already had in its startup.txt (don't blame me, I didn't put it there). If you use the startup utility, make sure you go into "Advanced" settings and consider disabling OC until you have tested without it ;)
    FRX04 packages now. :)

Was going to do it yesterday but my birthday party started very early. LOL

Also manually updated the kernel update tool, you guys should all be seeing a new update for today. :D

http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/XDAndroid2.2Froyo.012211.rar

http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/ProjectAndroid2.2Froyo.012311.cab