[guide] <win_8.1_blue> fastboot / bootloader issue (fix / worked for me)
A lot of users and posts came up lately since upgrading from Windows 8.1 (BLUE) about FASTBOOT / BOOTLOADER Drivers not working anymore.
I experienced the same issue on my Windows 8.1 (BLUE) Professional X64 with my Galaxy Nexus and Sony Xperia P.
I came up with a walk-around and now my Windows 8.1 and my Nexus. I can now detect my Galaxy Nexus on FASTBOOT.
Here is what i did:
1. Download the Universal Naked Drivers: (Attached) And extract it anywhere (preferably Desktop).
2.1. On your Windows 8.1 PC go to > Change PC Settings > Update and recovery > Advanced Start Up > Restart.
2.2. After rebooting you will see enumerated options. Choose Option 7: Disable Signature Verification
3. Turn off your Galaxy Nexus and boot to BOOTLOADER.
4. PLUG your Device.
5. On your Computer, open your Device Manager (Windows Key + X then M)
6. Right Click "Android 1.0" then Update/Install Drivers.
7. Browse to the Naked Drivers Folder.
8. Tick "Include Subfolders"
10. If prompted with warnings, choose INSTALL ANYWAY or so.
THATS it. FATBOOT detects my Device now.
I would have to try this on my Sony Xperia P later when i got home and post again here.
Hope this helps to those experiencing the same issue.