Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

samsonite.ace

Jul 17, 2010
I'm interested to see how a developer can rearrange this rom to work on a non-qhd displays. Also I'm curious if 911Sn!pEr, just put the wrong picture or what, but the picture up for his leak I believe is a sensation. Anyway I am extremely excited about this one, but I have a feeling its going to be a long while before this becomes a daily driver! - ( The Evo 3D has a Dual Core 1.2ghz / 1gb ram. Our devices are about half so whether or not we'll be able to even run this is a mystery to me! )

Good luck devs!
-D3luSi0n4L

Half ram.... not processor speed... we are at 1gz (some of us :D) others are overclocked quite a ways lol

main difference being not dual cores thats all

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
The apks all look pretty normal makes me wonder how it becomes 3D..

greg.dassing

Jun 18, 2010
Elkridge, MD
Guys, as stated a million times above, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG...but isn't it the new hardware of the EVO 3D that creates the 3D imagery and not software/firmware??? I doubt very highly that simply flashing the 3D's ROM will grant our 4G's 3D capabilities! If thats the case, why haven't people come up with firmware hack to turn their current 2D flatscreens into 3D TV's???

Rattor

Oct 10, 2008
Guys, as stated a million times above, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG...but isn't it the new hardware of the EVO 3D that creates the 3D imagery and not software/firmware??? I doubt very highly that simply flashing the 3D's ROM will grant our 4G's 3D capabilities! If thats the case, why haven't people come up with firmware hack to turn their current 2D flatscreens into 3D TV's???

I believe people are confusing 3D effects with actual glasses-free 3D. Some people are talking about 3D graphics and effects, like the scrolling screen effect previewed with Sense 3.0 (which conceivable could be ported to the Evo4g), while others are talking about glasses-free 3D off-the-screen visuals like the Nintendo 3DS (which is a function of hardware and can not be ported).

zone23

Feb 16, 2009

I'm not about making the EVO - 3D I'm about making a ROM for the EVO 3D that is why I'm looking at the files, to learn about how to make a ROM for the EVO 3D. Don't get me wrong I would love to have this on my EVO because it should be possible to get 4G working. With that said if we use the kernel from the leaked EVO gingerbread we are still going to have brightness issues on Novatec panels. We need another leaded gingerbread EVO ROM.

In short I want to start processing the files and have a EVOZone 3D ROM ready when ever the phone drops and gets rooted. I can have all the files ready to go. If in fact nothing special about the png or .9 files that its just that much easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: solver404

fdavila17

Feb 28, 2011
I'm about to flash this on my EVO I hope it don't break my phone

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Half ram.... not processor speed... we are at 1gz (some of us :D) others are overclocked quite a ways lol

main difference being not dual cores thats all

With all the bickering about how the software wont take advantage of dual core (other threads) I wonder how much of an effect it would really have. Unless HTC figured out how to or recoded to take advantage of the dual core it might not be that big of an issue.

greg.dassing

Jun 18, 2010
Elkridge, MD
I'm not about making the EVO - 3D I'm about making a ROM for the EVO 3D that is why I'm looking at the files, to learn about how to make a ROM for the EVO 3D. Don't get me wrong I would love to have this on my EVO because it should be possible to get 4G working. With that said if we use the kernel from the leaked EVO gingerbread we are still going to have brightness issues on Novatec panels. We need another leaded gingerbread EVO ROM.

In short I want to start processing the files and have a EVOZone 3D ROM ready when ever the phone drops and gets rooted. I can have all the files ready to go. If in fact nothing special about the png or .9 files that its just that much easier.

Now thats being proactive!! Hahaha! I want the 3D on release day and I was thinking of how bad it would suck to have to run stock software for a while until people were able to play with it more. I mean, I'm the 3D features would keep me occupied enough but still...to have a stable "after market" ROM for the 3D on release day would be ****in KILLER!!!

I was simply clearing the air to let people know (which should be common knowledge anyway) that by flashing this ROM is not going to give our current 4G's a third dimension...

TMartin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 30, 2008
Sunbury, Ohio
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9

Don't get completely ahead of yourself Zone. This is just a test build and lots are bound to change. I wouldn't be surprised if we see 3 or 4 test builds, a official shipped and a official update prior to the phones release.

Reactions: neuteboomt

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Don't get completely ahead of yourself Zone. This is just a test build and lots are bound to change. I wouldn't be surprised if we see 3 or 4 test builds, a official shipped and a official update prior to the phones release.

Well the reality is that in all of the Sense builds 2.0+ have the same graphic files. Its just a matter of coping them over to the newer version and creating whatever is missing. So I could start running most of the files. Of course like you say knowing that some may not be used in the final release. I'm guessing for the most part they will be very similar.

What I want to do is process all the files from scratch and optimize them as I go. In the past I have just moved the files from my other ROMs. This is fine but it would be great to just start from scratch again.

Last edited:

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
I doubt very much that the zip is going to flash it has some things in it I have not seem in a typical flashable zip. I thought about pulling out the system and move over some of the modules but I will leave it all up to the 'V' he knows what he is doing.

Virus

Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2009
COLUMBIA
www.myspace.com
evo3ddd.jpg

so base on the 911 blur shots for both HTC KINGDOM AND HTC RIDER,
I dont wanna give any hopes up but to me the htc rider looks more like the htc evo 3d than the kingdom base on the touch screen buttons in the bottom with the circle layout around the buttons,

kingdom might be a htc sensation / thunderbolt for sprint or maybe sprint got some another 3d phone surprise for us,

but virus, if i were you u should check out the HTC RIDER LINK ALSO, that was just posted on the 911 site. mayb check out the difference on this 2 phones .

read this link and see the different on the phones.
http://pocketnow.com/android/htc-kingdom-to-be-sprints-thunderbolt-rider-goes-kt

HTC Rider download link
http://911sniper.blog.163.com/blog/static/14290088120114321642920/

downloading the rider now and will check the build prop to see if it has sprint in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★ ☆ ★|ROM LEAK| Kingdom Sprint WWE 0.81.651.0 | 2.3.3 |★ ☆ ★

THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ROM YET!
    IT IS A LEAKED SYSTEM AND BOOT FROM THE SPRINT HTC KINGDOM FOR ME AND OTHER DEVS TO PORT

HTC KINGDOM

HTC-Kingdom-Sprint-Android-23-Gingerbread.jpg

MAIN LINK SNIPER911

MIRROR
    (THANKS KLEPT0)

MIRROR 2
    (THANKS AALOPEZ10)

OK GUYS THINGS ARE COMING TOGETHER GOOD! HERE IS A LIST OF WHAT IS FIXED SO FAR

WORKING

• Mms
    • Audio
    • Wifi
    • Gps
    • Bluetooth
    • Both Cams
    • Video
    • 3G
    • Data update
    • Prl Update
    • Hardware acceleration
    • 3.0 Sense
    • 4G (THANKS TMartin)

PORTED APPS AND WIDGETS

• HTC_IME.apk
    • LatinIME.apk
    • Rosie.apk
    • FriendstreamWidget.apk
    • CalenderWidget.apk
    • Calculator
    • New HtcLockScreen.apk (with all functions working)
    • Few more trying to look now
    reserved ................
    Reserved....................
    WOW im almost at 2000 thats crazy guys THANKS!!!
    lets see if i can get my thanks to 1000 today :)