[ROM][CM7.2][DISCONTINUED] Kyrillos' ROM v10.6 **Fast n' Lite**

Search This thread

Mercedes-

Mar 29, 2011
Hey,

I’ve recently flashed 10.4, working fine except for one big problem. Sometimes my phone gets stuck and I need to reboot it. When I do so, my phone resets itself and every app I’ve installed myself is gone.
Flashed from Kyrillos 9.6 using Odin one package. Also wiped data and cache.
How can I solve this issue? Any help is highly appreciated ;)

D@rekills4

Nov 6, 2010
Hey,

I’ve recently flashed 10.4, working fine except for one big problem. Sometimes my phone gets stuck and I need to reboot it. When I do so, my phone resets itself and every app I’ve installed myself is gone.
Flashed from Kyrillos 9.6 using Odin one package. Also wiped data and cache.
How can I solve this issue? Any help is highly appreciated ;)

If you are using any App2SD script or app (like Link2SD) I would suggest to either delete the app2sd scripts from "system/etc/init.d" or remove the one you are using.

RoToX23

Aug 4, 2011
Mumbai
Missing your updates!

Hey Kyrillos missing your updates after 10.5!!... are you working on 10.6 or on 4.0???.... :p... ive flahshed Kisadworks but im kinda irritated of some minor bugs here n there moving back to 10.5...

Reactions: poorna

pushpak888

Nov 25, 2010
mumbai
i have a little problem, I installed the 10.5 rom yesterday and irrespective of the profile I choose I cant seem to get a ringtone or vibration when I get a call, any solution guys?

b2bt

May 9, 2011
mumbai
Is there a way to recover the original ringtones for the I5800? my wife did not like the new ones.

i dunno if this will help >>> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1448048
dunno where to gt the "older" ringtones from...maybe u can ask some1 with stock ROM to upload it for you..
alternatively you can install zedge for more ringtones...

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

recently i have been having this issue in my phone..
whenever i get a call it gets disconnected automatically(only the screen for calling disappears n i cant see it in notifications)
For me its like the other person is giving a missed call..but for him the phone keeps ringing n he thinks i didnt pick up..
Is it a problem with the phone, rom or with my sim card?
Tried switching roms but problem persists(still thot mayb a same prob can occur between two roms [m12 n kyrillos])

I'm not sure but i think it is mostly the sim..
Before this didnt used to happen when i had kyrillos 9.x...it started happening when i installed kyrillos 10.x
The sim is the same as before..
Anyone can justify the cause?

RoToX23

Aug 4, 2011
Mumbai
whenever i get a call it gets disconnected automatically(only the screen for calling disappears n i cant see it in notifications)
For me its like the other person is giving a missed call..but for him the phone keeps ringing n he thinks i didnt pick up..
Tried switching roms but problem persists(still thot mayb a same prob can occur between two roms [m12 n kyrillos])

Before this didnt used to happen when i had kyrillos 9.x...it started happening when i installed kyrillos 10.x

Umm did you wipe data/factory reset, after flashing the Rom??

h4r5h

Dec 17, 2010
Bombay
i dunno if this will help >>> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1448048
dunno where to gt the "older" ringtones from...maybe u can ask some1 with stock ROM to upload it for you..
alternatively you can install zedge for more ringtones...

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

^Give this fix a try:
[FIX] Data Network Problem Fix

Reactions: b2bt

hadi_xman

Jul 9, 2011
Karachi
Hey :) Dont expect any update anytime soon, except if marcellusbe build a new cm7 version :p
Then wat r u working on nowadays if u the not working on 10.6 are u working on 9.7?

also i have question if i m coming from JPU stock rom i should flash 10.1 first and then one by one flash upadates or should i directly install the 10.5.. Please tell me the best route..

karthik_hp_1992

Jan 16, 2012
Mumbai
also i have question if i m coming from JPU stock rom i should flash 10.1 first and then one by one flash upadates or should i directly install the 10.5.. Please tell me the best route..

10.4 can be applied from any other ROM. I don't know whether or not 10.5 can be directly flashed though as far as I know. What I did was follow the exact instructions for flashing 10.4, ran the swype update.zip and then flashed 10.5. It worked for me. Be sure to wipe data as well. A couple of people have gone into bootloops because of that {me, included! :p}

hadi_xman

Jul 9, 2011
Karachi
10.4 can be applied from any other ROM. I don't know whether or not 10.5 can be directly flashed though as far as I know. What I did was follow the exact instructions for flashing 10.4, ran the swype update.zip and then flashed 10.5. It worked for me. Be sure to wipe data as well. A couple of people have gone into bootloops because of that {me, included! :p}
wait... wat this swype fix is..? u i need to flash one it as one package through odin..

b2bt

May 9, 2011
mumbai

i tried it...it says it will take 24 hours..lets see now..
btw its shows I5801DDJP2 as a baseband now...

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

wait... wat this swype fix is..? u i need to flash one it as one package through odin..

swype is for the force close problems I guess...the hotfix comes with 10.4
if u apply it then swype wont FC...i think u can do it from recovery...

karthik_hp_1992

Jan 16, 2012
Mumbai

You'll find the swype hotfix file along with the 10.4 download link in the second post. I don't know why but, the only way I was able to get swype to stop FC'ing on me was to install 10.4 , install the hotfix via recovery and then to install 10.5. As for the versions themselves, kyrillos has given both the ODIN and Recovery Update.zip file so you can choose whatever you want from that.

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
other solution for swype...if doesn't work for you guys:
open swype.apk with zip/rar manager...go to lib folder & extract libSwypeCore.so file and put it in: system/lib/* set permissions to rw/r/r ...now reboot phone...EDIT: you need Swype.apk in system/app/* aswell...permissions must be : rw/r/r...enjoy swyping:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KyrillosROMbanner5.png

I take no resposibility if your phone explodes or sth :)
    Kyrillos' rom v10.6 Features

• Based on Marcellusbe's CM7.2 (Alpha9 port for Galaxy3). [Android 2.3.7]
    • PreRooted with Busybox 1.20.2-cm7 installed.
    • Deodexed & Zipaligned
    • Integrated Custom Kernel [CM7 kernel v2.0
    • - CWM Recovery 5.0.2.8
    • - CPU Governors: Lagfree, Ondemand, Userspace, Powesave, Conservative, Performance. [To configure it go to Settings => CyanogenMod Settings => Performance => CPU settings, or use Setcpu]
    • - Overclock support up to 1000MHz! [To configure it go to Settings => CyanogenMod Settings => Performance => CPU settings]
    • Full APN file for instant internet / MMS access
    • Adfree! [No more ads :p]
    • Sysctl.conf tweaks
    • Tweaked Build.prop
    • - Disabled adb nofity
    • - Battery tweaks!
    • - Proximity Sensor tweaks
    • - More In-Call Volume steps
    • - Performance tweaks!
    • - Swype Keyboard v3.26 with 31 Languages!
    • - Android 2.3.7 Keyboard with all languages and many dictionaries!
    • 2 Launchers to choose from:
    • - Touchwiz30 [For the people who miss it]
    • - AOSP Gingerbread
    • Custom BootAnimation!
    • Disabled fsync() feature in libsqlite.so
    • Modded Mms.apk
    • -160 character support in sms instead of 70 [Supported languages: Greek, Czech, Spanish, French, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak]
    • -New line support instead of smileys button
    • -Bigger text message expand box [Better view when you type big sms]
    • Replaced some system apps with better ones!
    • - Tape-a-talk voice recorder [High quality record at cd quality instead of voice recorder]
    • - QuickPic instead of Gallery3D
    • Latest fonts by google!
    • Updated all Google Apps [Market, Gmail, Talk]
    • 2 Themes [Android 2.3 theme, ICS Black build 032]
    • Added Kyrillos-tweaks script [Swap, faster partition mounts, Memory & Kernel tweaks, Default governor: Ondemand (with some tweaks)]
    • Removed Apps [Gallery3D, Voice Dialer, Development, Spare Parts, Protips, RomManager, Sound Recorder, Download Provider, Html viewer, Latin Ime Tutorial, Livewallpapers]
    • Added binaries [SQlite3, Zipalign]
    • Added Voodoo Control App [To configure voodoo sound driver. Note: You must firstly check the /Settings/Device_Settings/Sound_Settings/Enable_WM8994_Control box. (Also turn off the rest two ticks and the stereo expansion gain, because it makes the sound from your external speaker aweful.)]
    • App2sd [Nothing to do here ^^. The a2sd script will be enabled automatically if you have a partition in your sdcard, while the phone boots for the first time!]

What doesn't work:
    -Bluetooth (Partially works, sent-receive file works. A2DP doesnt work.)
    -Video Recording [You can try Videocam illusion, many people confirm that it works]
    -Video Playing [Video lag sometimes, with crackling sound]
    -Some games with graphics that arent yet supported by OPEN FIMG gpu driver (Ceramic Destroyer, Angry Birds (the new version), and maybe more)

If you like this ROM, it would be nice to donate something to keep this project alive.
    I spent months on this project to make it easy for everyone to use. ;)

Changelog & Downloads

REPORT BUGS => HERE [BEFORE YOU REPORT A BUG, DO A WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET!]

If you like this rom, the least you can do for me is:
    a) Click thanks to the first/second/third post, and/or
    b) Rate this thread with 5 stars
    The above will make me happy enough to continue this project :)

Kyrillos' rom v10.6 [06/09/12]

DOWNLOAD2
    Update.zip (Recovery) => [STRIKE]http://d-h.st/lh5[/STRIKE] / Mirror (thanks to @DerpyDerp) 117.13 MB
    One-package.tar (Odin) => [STRIKE]http://d-h.st/seV[/STRIKE] 148.12 MB

Add-ons
    -Flashplayer 11.0 for stock browser => http://d-h.st/xnk 4.45 MB
    -Titanium Backup => Info, User Guide & Download

Changelog
    • Base: CM7.2 RC3 alpha8.3 port by Marcellusbe
    • Kernel: Latest OC kernel by Marcellusbe (#889)
    • Added Speaker Output from FMradio
    • Droidwall fix
    • New ringtone/wallpaper
    • Updated: Voodoo, Holo Launcher MiFileExplorer, Playstore, Quickpic, host file, etc
    • Removed: default cm's filemanager
    • Switched Superuser to SuperSU
    • Fixed: Play Store FC bug
    • Layout fixes: Keyboard size, Device Settings alignment, Music Player, USB storage, Blurry effect enabled on power menu. [Thanks to twinky444]
    • Improved GPS [secgps.conf]
    • Improved Video Playback [audio/video]

Kyrillos' rom v10.5 [03/06/12]

DOWNLOAD
    Update.zip (Recovery) => http://d-h.st/XM8 114.74 MB
    One-package.tar (Odin) => http://d-h.st/pu4 150.79 MB

Add-ons
    -Removed apps (v10.5) => http://d-h.st/tbW 15.79 MB

Changelog
    • Base: CM7.2 RC3 port by Marcellusbe
    • Removed: CMupdatenotify.apk, filexplorer.apk
    • Added: Holo Launcher, Mi File Explorer
    • Swype: Fixed the force close & replaced the orange glow with blue glow
    • Removed: v6_supercharger/3g_turbocharger/kickasskernel installers
    • Quickpic: Updated to v2.3
    • Terminal Emulator: Updated to v1.0.43
    • Kyrillostweaks script: Added permission fixes for /data, /sdext to prevent bootloops & reduced sdcard reading cache size from 512kb to 128kb

version104.png

Kyrillos' rom v10.4 [19/05/12]

DOWNLOAD
    Update.zip (Recovery) => http://d-h.st/gyQ 115.06 MB
    One-package.tar (Odin) => http://d-h.st/kwM 151.71 MB [Password: kyrillos13]
    (!) Swype hotfix for v10.4 => http://d-h.st/QGA 1.53 MB

Note: Directly install this update from any Gingerbread-ICS rom. [Wipe cache partition, dalvik-cache & fix permissions if you are coming from Kyrillos rom v10+ or CM7. If you are coming from any other rom, wipe data too. The boot may be long, dont panic].

Add-ons

Changelog
    • Optimized framework-res.apk, Theme_ICS.apk & SystemUI.apk pngs
    • Tweaked framework-res.apk notification icons to stock gb
    • 94kyrillostweaks changes [Safer ext4 mount options: Enabled barrier for /system, /data, /sd-ext to prevent data corruption // Ondemand performance tweaks]
    • Updated Kernel: CM7 Kernel v1.8 by Marcellusbe [Fixes sound issues in video playback]
    • Updated Mms.apk app.
    • Updated Swype. [Now supports: Icelandic, Latvian & Lithuanian // ICS themed]
    • Updated Google Play
    • Updated hosts file
    • New bootanimation without the "white flashes"

version103.png

Kyrillos' rom v10.3 [11/05/12]

DOWNLOAD
    Update.zip (Recovery) => http://d-h.st/fGq 114.11 MB

Note: Directly install this update from any Gingerbread-ICS rom. [Wipe cache partition & dalvik-cache if you are coming from Kyrillos rom v10+ or CM7. If you are coming from any other rom, wipe data too. The boot may be long, dont panic]. Also there is not odin version so if you want to install this update.zip, install cm7 first and then install my rom from recovery.

Add-ons

Changelog
    • Deodexed [15MB more free space in /system, 30 MB less free space in /data, first boot slower, More free ram, easier to mod jar/apk files]
    • MMS mod:
    • -160 character support in sms instead of 70 [Supported languages: Greek, Czech, Spanish, French, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak]
    • -New line support instead of smileys button
    • -Bigger text message expand box [Better view when you type big sms]
    • Updated 94kyrillosrom script [Enabled sdcard read speed fix, fixed ext4 mount options on /system, Updated memory tweaks, Removed Kernel/VM tweaks, Updated ondemand tweaks, Default I/O Scheduler: Noop, Non-rotationg storage tweaks]
    • New sysctl.conf [Wifi security tweaks, kernel tweaks, VM tweaks, Battery tweaks, ipv4 tweaks]
    • Updated optimize script [Fixed zipalign, added fix permissions]
    • Added qoptimize script [Optimizes only sqlite databases]
    • Disable fsync() feature in libsqlite.so [Thanks to Marcellusbe]
    • Moved all -added by me- scripts from /system/bin to /system/xbin to keep the bin folder clear.
    • Updated Terminal Emulator app
    • Removed apps [MediaUploader.apk (Share media from the Gallery with MMS, Bluetooth, Email, Picasa. Since gallery is removed, this app is unessesary), GoogleBackupTransport.apk, GoogleFeedback.apk (ForceClose reporting), Removed GoogleQuickSearcgBox.apk (Install from market]]
    • Updated Quickpic
    • Updated Ubuntu font [Thanks to ggdu]
    • Fixed fc in browser
    • Added DownloadProviderUI.apk
    • Added Greek & Dutch dictionaries on android keyboard [If you want a dictionary for your language too, tell me]

version102.png

Kyrillos' rom v10.2

DOWNLOAD
    One-Package.tar (Odin) => Download

Changelog
    • CM7.2 Alpha8.1 based with CM7 kernel v1.5 OC
    • Added an empty mtab file in /system/etc/ [It fixes tune2fs problems]
    • Fixes 05mountsd script issue [It did mount the sd-ext partition only if the type was ext3. Now it supports ext4]
    • Minor fix on Kyrillos-tweaks script [To prevent bootloops when you install an app]
    • Added cm7 app2sd script in init.d [Now you dont need S2E, Link2SD or HD2SD. The app2sd is activated automatically when the phone first boots]
    • Added a better swap script
    • Updated su binary
    • Updated sqlite3 binary
    • Zipaligned all system apk's [Faster system!]
    • GPS fix[Gps should be a bit better now]
    • Fixed bug on the optimize script [Zipalign bug related to /sdcard/download/*.apks]
    • Updated build.prop [3g turbocharger]
    • Fixed Ubuntu Font bug [Thanks ggdu for helping]

version101.png

Kyrillos' rom v10.1

DOWNLOAD
    One-Package.tar (Odin) => Mediafire [Password: kyrillos13]

Changelog
    • Base: CM7.2 alpha8 (Marcellusbe's port) [Open FIMG, Camera Preview fixed, Screen off/Screen on/Rotation animations work, New sensors library, Wpa Supplicant v6, Viber should work]
    • Kernel: CM7 kernel 1.4 OC (by Marcellusbe) [CWM 5.0.2.8, backup & restore fixed]
    • Fixed random fc's
    • New Wallpaper/Ringtone [Surprise:p]
    • Updated Kyrillos' rom tweaks [Updated minfree values: 8,12,26,28,30,32 MB instead of: 6,8,28,30,32,50 MB, plus a few kernel vm values changes, More Multitasking]
    • Updated v6_supercharger/kickasskernel/3g_turbocharger installers
    • Added an optimization script [It optimizes sqlite databases & zipaligns the applications. You should run it once a week. To run it open terminl emulator and type: su (enter), optimize (enter)]
    • Updated Hosts file
    • Updated Google Play [v3.5.16]
    • Updated QuickPic [v2.2.3]
    • Fixed Tts service bug
    • Added Sim Toolkit [Many people did need it]
    • Tweaked Build.prop [Corrected OpenGl version (v1.1), Disabled Fast Dormancy, Removed a few duplicate lines]
    • Fixed USB Mass Storage bug (hope so!)
    • Fixed "very slow Google Play" bug
    • Fixed sound lag when playing music
    • Fixed "can't unlock screen" bug
    • Removed S2E. I read somewhere that it doesnt work in CM7.2. -Confirmed-

Kyrillos' rom v10 (GWK74) Beta2

version10.png

Changelog
    • -General Stability Fixes/Updates [Updated Maps, ICS theme, hosts file, supercharger/kickaskernel/3gturbocharger script installers, Google Search, S2E].
    • -MFC codecs installed (thanks to lebidou you can now watch videos on your phone)
    • -CM kernel v1.3 High Voltage from Marcellusbe [No more screen of death..]

Kyrillos' rom v10 (GWK74) Beta

Notes:
    - I dont remember what i changed from Alpha4 but its faster and more reliable.
    - Ondemand governor has performance fixes. If you want to save battery, install setcpu, go to advanced settings and set Sampling rate to 60000 & Up threshold to 95.
    - Cpu default frequency: 100-800MHz
    - CM kernel 1.3 Included (UV fixed)
    - If your have the screen of death issue (if your phone doesnt wake up, and you have to remove the battery) flash this kernel: CM kernel 1.3 high_voltage // Mirror [Thanks to rkoby13]
    - Recommended to update to this version if you run Alpha4!
    - If you would like to donate, you can make a donation to Marcellusbe and/or Me.
    Finalizing Kyrillos' rom v10.6...
    i was waiting for this:D...it seems to me like an updated version of first alpha4 you released:)....will download right away...flash it....:D...enjoy it:D
    will you mod the AOSP one too?;)

Edit: nah, link is the same:p
    Edit1: Kyrillos, is cwm backup/restore working already?

Sent from Galaxy
    Kyrillos' ROM GWK74 Alpha4