What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
^ It not sleeping it in standby :D
Problem is WM6.5.5 was pretty damn good after effort put into custom tweaks & fixes & could of wiped the floor with android if Microsoft hadn't been asleep & dreaming about WP7 concept :-S

Fishawy

Mar 26, 2010
Melbourne
Google Pixel 7 Pro
EnergyROM FAQ

This FAQ has been made by Users for Users - Thanks to everyone who contributed so far and also to those who contribute in the future.

In alphabetical older:

Chrisuk80, ClydeB1, codeconqueror, Crusoe86, dotnetguyaz, EdinM30, Fishawy, JayMore, jembot, Khaled_Chebat, M3PH, MAD_Matt, M_T_M, netvpn7, nrfitchett4, NRGZ28, oluwaponmile, pee-wee, pnxsinned, pongskie, pp18, prateekgujral, pyrorob, Scabes24, sumflipnol, swiss420, TheRomMistress, Towserspvm2000, **[bimmer]**, and watcher64.

Special thanks to the prior FAQ Editors Tokolosh and Fishawy for their great work.

My God ...

Seven years since I wrote this FAQ post, before handing it over & moving to another device. Seven years .. We've spent a lifetime on XDA.

HD2 was, is, and will always be one of the most amazing phones I've ever had, and @NRGZ28 was literally rocking it: WinMo, Android, WinMo & Android, you name it. We flashed like a zillion ROMs on this beast, and NRGZ's kitchen was always the best when it came to eye-candy, performance, and tweaks. Top-notch stuff.

Those were the days. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: swiss420

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Remember how bad the NAND chips were back then? I replaced the mainboard on my original HD2 once, and bought two more after that died. One of the two replacements still powers on, but I data gets corrupted if I reboot. Only one still functional.

What a legend.

Reactions: westwood01

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
I just looked at my join date today. April 2007... Damn!! I can't believe I spent a decade on here.. A decade !!!!

Not to mention the many months of lurking and reading.. before actually needing to join to ask a question. Most likely on how to flash my Tmobile Dash. That's what started it all for me.. hehe

Fishawy

Mar 26, 2010
Melbourne
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I just looked at my join date today. April 2007... Damn!! I can't believe I spent a decade on here.. A decade !!!!

Not to mention the many months of lurking and reading.. before actually needing to join to ask a question. Most likely on how to flash my Tmobile Dash. That's what started it all for me.. hehe

Wow wow wow!

I remember joining in 2008 as well, then getting my account screwed & settling with this one. I remember maintaining the FAQ section for EnergyROM for a long time, I remember the time when we had WinMo on main memory and Android on SDCard. I even remember the time when a friend moderator asked me to become one back in 2009 and I refused for not having enough time for it :D

God we had fun. Ten years. That's a lifetime.

EnergyROM for the win! :)

Reactions: ajape

ajape

Mar 24, 2009
Santo Domingo
Wow wow wow!

I remember joining in 2008 as well, then getting my account screwed & settling with this one. I remember maintaining the FAQ section for EnergyROM for a long time, I remember the time when we had WinMo on main memory and Android on SDCard. I even remember the time when a friend moderator asked me to become one back in 2009 and I refused for not having enough time for it :D

God we had fun. Ten years. That's a lifetime.

EnergyROM for the win! :)
Yahia my friend! I Joined in 2009, and in my case, I can't remember ever having spent so much time on my phone as I did trying to create the perfect action screen for my HD2 running NRG's WM6.5! Although I have to confess, I miss those roms like nothing else. Even to this day, it is the style I have always customized EVERY phone I've ever had since! Hehehe :D:D

History.png

KitKat.png
Screenshot_20170827_061620.png

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Oh! In case you don't remeber what an action screen was in WM6.5:

Screen_Shot0001.png

Last edited:

Fishawy

Mar 26, 2010
Melbourne
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yahia my friend! I Joined in 2009, and in my case, I can't remember ever having spent so much time on my phone as I did trying to create the perfect action screen for my HD2 running NRG's WM6.5! Although I have to confess, I miss those roms like nothing else. Even to this day, it is the style I have always customized EVERY phone I've ever had since! Hehehe :D:D

History.png

KitKat.png
Screenshot_20170827_061620.png

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Oh! In case you don't remeber what an action screen was in WM6.5:

Screen_Shot0001.png

Those were the days Alejandro! :)

Reactions: Robbie P and ajape

Arju

Nov 11, 2008
Örebro/Sweden

Woaw! Dang! I was walking down memory lane and saw your post. My user name back then was Arju007, I had it changed in later times. Man I miss the Raphael. Tinkering back then was fun. Miss Sense and the custom Energy themes you would make for them. Time sure goes by fast. I was luring around xda long before I joined too. Awesome to see you around. Maybe you should bring back Sense to android(?) in form of launcher/widgets, icon pack etc?.. Anyway miss the good old times. ;)

ekerbuddyeker

Woaw! Dang! I was walking down memory lane and saw your post. My user name back then was Arju007, I had it changed in later times. Man I miss the Raphael. Tinkering back then was fun. Miss Sense and the custom Energy themes you would make for them. Time sure goes by fast. I was luring around xda long before I joined too. Awesome to see you around. Maybe you should bring back Sense to android(?) in form of launcher/widgets, icon pack etc?.. Anyway miss the good old times. ;)

Same here. Flashing radios that seemed to make no difference! But i liked the sense ROM. It was real flashing.

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
I've turned to the dark side and switched to a Lumia 950...

But it I really miss a real OS, with ability to run one's own programs, access to the registry, and so on... How much do I miss MortScript ! :(

Reactions: jfrm

eKoKnight

Feb 2, 2014
Thanks NRGZ28 for making it looks great and like how the start button looks on top left on build Energy.Leo.21916.Titanium.Jul.06.7z I know this sounds silly after all these years though this the rom I like very flashy looking. Shame OS on mobile don't look this way these days anymore.. I have a Lumia 950 though I had to have a htc hd2 that i got on ebay for 20 dollars to play with lol. I still find old games online to put on the old dog it still has tricks :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6.5.X & 6.5|ROM|WWE| Energy Series 29022 /21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations (See next post)

EnergyROM_Collection.png

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch HD2 (Leo) device.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

This firmware is compatible with all HD2 devices manufactured by HTC !

>> If you're an advanced user and know what you want already, jump directly to post #2 and download what build you'll like to install.

>> If you're a beginner, read on as there's a few things you need to do first.

• You need to install a modified "SPL" on your device that allows installation of custom ROMs such as this one. It's called a "Hard SPL" and it's in of these stickies at the top of this forum (not this thread!).

If you have a T-Mobile USA branded device, then you don't need to flash a "radio". The ROM will work just fine with it. However, if you own an asian or european HD2 then you NEED to flash a .50 radio.

I RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50 or 2.12.50 !

After you install the correct radio, go on to post #2 and download the ROM of your choice. There's always a choice of 2 (sometimes 3) builds for each "flavor" of the ROM. Looking at the download folders you'll see:

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy :)

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ? :)

After flashing the ROM, please read the FAQ in post 4, and maybe even the links to the individual modifications for each ROM in post 2 (such as "Cookie", "GTX" etc). It will help you get more familiar with which one and will greatly reduce the initial learning curve.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization), or the built in "Settings Exporter" in the Tools folder. Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ANY OF THESE ROMS, MAKE SURE YOUR RADIO VERSION IS AT LEAST 2.07.50 (not 51! any .50 version should be okay) , OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BOOTUP AFTER YOU FLASH !
    IF YOU HAVE A TMOBILE USA DEVICE, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH A NEW RADIO, BUT 2.07.50 IS STILL RECOMMENDED TO WORK BEST WITH THIS ROM.

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

He means I need to do some Android ROMs for the HD2. Hmm... I think I just might. Maybe start off with skinning of t he existing ones to look like my WM ROMs then.. take it from there.
    Hi,

Great work the new 29005 seems to be a bit quicker, however unless it's me (always a possibility) none of the program icons appear to have the sencity skinning for instance in the start menu.

The start menu icons are NOT supposed to skinned. That's quite normal...
    This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed.

EnergyROM_Energy.png

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    EnergyROM_Dinik.png

Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

EnergyROM_sencity.png

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    EnergyROM_TouchOfGlass.png

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    EnergyROM_GTX.png

ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

So looking at the poll numbers... CHT 2.0 trumps CHT 1.8.5 by a lot. :)