Very major problems with recovery and roms

Search This thread

ironbesterer

Feb 8, 2012
Chicago
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
So here is my problem. Every time I flash a recovery, my rom gets deleted, so I flash another one. But, when I flash a rom, my recovery gets deleted. So I flash recovery again... It's an endless cycle.

So, I either don't have a rom, or don't have recovery.

I have S-OFF with firewater and I am trying to flash skyfall and TWRP.

What the hell is going on? This has NEVER happened with any other phone I have owned.

EDIT: I have fixed the issue. If you too have this issue, please refer to post #3.

Last edited:

Infinite7154

Jul 14, 2011
Rochester, NY
1. Are you wiping internal storage?

2. If you aren't wiping internal storage, where are you placing your ROM? Root of internal storage or in the download folder. Or your SD card? TWRP will allow you to access all your folders to find a ROM.

3. How are you flashing your recovery? Adb and the .img file from TWRP work best for me.

Flash TWRP using adb. Phone will boot into TWRP recovery. Do a factory reset WITHOUT wiping internal/external storage. Press install. Find your ROM and install it. Do a dalvik cache wipe. Reboot system. Wait...be patient and you should be good to go.

I also recommend downloading a ROM from your computer and placing it on your sdcard if you have one. Then you have no worries about it being erased. Hope this helps.

Sent from my awe inspiring HTC One M8

scooterman

Mar 1, 2007
So here is my problem. Every time I flash a recovery, my rom gets deleted, so I flash another one. But, when I flash a rom, my recovery gets deleted. So I flash recovery again... It's an endless cycle.

So, I either don't have a rom, or don't have recovery.

I have S-OFF with firewater and I am trying to flash skyfall and TWRP.

What the hell is going on? This has NEVER happened with any other phone I have owned.

use fastboot

for recovery : ./fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img
for kernel : ./fastboot flash boot kernelfilename.img

at one point there were incorrect directions flashing TWRP in terminal telling you to send it to the wrong partition