[TOOL] HTC One S All-In-One Toolkit v4.0 [7-10-2013] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof]

Do You Think We Should Get This Thread Stickied?

• Yes

Votes: 1,110 95.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
I have a one s version for T-Mobile us and I am honestly wondering if the root solution works on that model. I don't want to brick it yet lol.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

Getting T-Mobile HTC One S this week.

Can I use this to root?

If I only want root and don't want to install ROMs, can I just do the 5 steps on the left and stop with that?

nickmv

Jan 12, 2011
Memphis
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ROOT THE T-MOBILE VERSION.....at least at this time.

I've heard/read some reports of insta-bricked devices. It's best to wait. And yeah, I know, it's got ****-tons of bloatware and is begging to be rooted and ROM'd.

I think you'd probably be OK with unlocking the bootloader, as you have to follow HTCdev.com's instructions, but even then I don't want to comment.

suhailtheboss

Jun 25, 2009
Kansas City
unlocked bootloader on my tmobile ONE-S four days ago with no issues.

figured i'd wait till later today to root since other people would have tried it before me.

:)

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
OnePlus Open
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ROOT THE T-MOBILE VERSION.....at least at this time.

I've heard/read some reports of insta-bricked devices. It's best to wait. And yeah, I know, it's got ****-tons of bloatware and is begging to be rooted and ROM'd.

I think you'd probably be OK with unlocking the bootloader, as you have to follow HTCdev.com's instructions, but even then I don't want to comment.

I rooted it successfully using paul o brien's tool. SU has been applied as has been CWM. But I can't flash CWM recovery...that's the only thing I can't do =(

Reactions: suhailtheboss

Bxrxyxaxn

Apr 1, 2010
Thanx this soo much easier then any other phone...just follow the steps x) tmobile US

nickmv

Jan 12, 2011
Memphis
Which custom recovery do I need? And were we supposed to flash r3 superboot for the T-Mo US version?

Mine's unlocked and rooted, but shows *TAMPERED* just above *UNLOCKED*. Don't know if that's good or bad, or what...

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Thanx this soo much easier then any other phone...just follow the steps x) tmobile US

You are welcome!

Which custom recovery do I need? And were we supposed to flash r3 superboot for the T-Mo US version?

Mine's unlocked and rooted, but shows *TAMPERED* just above *UNLOCKED*. Don't know if that's good or bad, or what...

Don't worry about it. That just means that you unlocked the bootloader. You can flash any recovery, preferably the CWM

rpedrica

May 5, 2011
Cape Town
Perhaps this is a stupid suggestion but it's not immediately obvious what state your phone should be in when running this app. Perhaps it might be a good thing to mention that your phone should be in fastboot state ( and how to get there ).

Komadyret

Aug 7, 2010
Perhaps this is a stupid suggestion but it's not immediately obvious what state your phone should be in when running this app. Perhaps it might be a good thing to mention that your phone should be in fastboot state ( and how to get there ).

Did you try it without entering fastboot first?
I am not sure, but I think this app reboots the phone into fastboot whenever it needs it ..... i.e. plug and play

unk2009

Jul 22, 2009
New York(Hudson Valley)
First of all, thanks for this thread...I used the HTC One S All in one tool kit to unlock my phone, unfortunately I miss understood one of the directions(#5) and stopped using the tool kit and followed another thread, much to my surprise, my bootloader is unlocked, hooray ;) My question is, how do I get back to the original state if that is possible? The reason I ask, is I would like to go back and do it correctly...I used better terminal emulator to see if I had root, but all I got was the $ sign instead of the # sign So I would like to start over...
Thanks in advance for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 - Information
    Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
    Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

I created an easy to use GUI program for the HTC Amaze and I decided to make one for the HTC One S. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
    - Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
    - Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID here. Buttons have been replaced and include links.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
    - Install Recoveries
    • User Provided Recoveries
    • TWRP 2.5.0.0 (S3 Model)
    • TWRP 2.5.0.0 (S4 Model)
    • TWRP 2.5.0.0 (Special Edition 64GB Model)
    Kernels
    • User provided kernels
    - Link to this thread (XDA)
    - Link to PM me if you need a phone unlocked (XDA)
    - Link to the One S Development thread (XDA)
    - Boot Into Recovery
    - Boot into Bootloader
    - Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
    - APK Batch Installer (Credits to hamsteyr)
    - Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.

2j4vyp1.png

How To Use. THIS IS FOR THE PC ONLY. No plans ever for Mac or Linux. Sorry.
    1. Download the toolkit DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER
    2. Download Winrar from here. Install it after you download it
    3. Extract the folder anywhere.
    4. Run the program.

Credits
    - The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
    - Mods of the forum!
    - Devs for making us ROMS!
    - The community for being awesome!
    - HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
    - To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​
    Downloads

Mod edit: Download links removed

Changes
    V1.0 Released! 4-17-2012
    - Initial Release

v1.1 Released! 6-11-2012
    - Removed all old CWM/Stock Recoveries
    - Removed all the kernels (Users flash things they have no clue about and soft brick their phones)
    - Added TWRP 2.1.7
    - Added ability to flash your own kernel/recovery
    - Removed the debloaters
    - Fixed Root. Now it works.

V1.2 Released 10-7-12
    - Updated TWRP to 2.2.2.0
    - Updated CWM to 5.8.3.1 Touch
    - Updated Chainfire's SuperSU to 0.96
    - Cleaned up a little code on my end

v2.0 Released 11-10-2012
    - Updated TWRP 2.2.0 to 2.3.1.0 for S4 models
    - Added TWRP support for S3 Models!
    - Updated SuperSU from 0.93 to 0.97
    - Added more info to my scripts so it would be easier to understand how to do things
    - Removed a few links

v3.0 Released 12-23-2012
    - Major Overhaul
    - Users can now select their own recovery, kernel and unlock_code.bin. You no longer need to place it in a the data folder. Just browse for it
    - Removed a lot of .bat scripts and integrated it in the program
    - Updated SuperSU to 0.99
    - Removed CWM
    - Added TWRP for the Special Edition 64GB model
    - Updated TWRP to 2.3.3.0 (S3 and S4)
    - Added a few links
    - Added ADB sideload (for use in TWRP)

This Update took FOREVER to do, but I did it for you guys!!!

v3.1 Released! 1-23-2013
    - Fixed a bug where when you want to get your token ID, it'll boot into recovery rather than bootloader.
    - When you want to relock the bootloader, it'll boot into bootloader and then lock it.
    - Added a link to the factory RUU for Ville,VilleC2,VillePlus.
    - Added Check CID feature
    - Added a way to flash RUU Zip files
    - Automated a few commands. No longer need to use the boot into bootloader then use the command to flash a kernel/recovery/unlock_code.bin
    - Added more clarity

v3.3 Released! 1-30-2013
    - Updated all TWRP recoveries to 2.4.0.0
    - Updated SuperSU from 0.99 to 1.02

v3.3.1 Released! 2-1-2013
    - Updated all TWRP recoveries to 2.4.1.0
    - Updated SuperSU from 1.02 to 1.04 <--- This should fix the root issues now!

v3.4 Released! 3-2-2013
    - Updated drivers to support Windows 8
    - Updated all TWRP to 2.4.3.0
    - Updated SuperSU to v1.20
    - Removed the kernel section and added the kernel flashing under the Extras section
    - Added new commands: GetVar All, Check CID
    - Added S-Off ONLY commands: Write CID, Return to S-ON
    - Added links: CID list, S-Off thread, SuperCID thread
    - Added a section to S-Off the phone.
    NOTE: I did not add any of the files from the S-Off thread/exploits to my toolkit. I added the official links to download the files but the files are not actually within my toolkit. Therefore, I did not violate what Jcase and beaups said since I did not incorporate the files to my toolkit.

v3.5 Released! 4-9-2013
    - Updated HTC Drivers
    - Updated all TWRP recoveries to 2.5.0.0
    - Added 2 links (1 to follow me on Twitter and 1 to a YouTube video on how to ask for help properly)
    - Added an Erase Cache command

v4.0 Released! 7-10-2013
    - Removed Drivers and replaced it with a link (decreases size by 15mb)
    - Updated all TWRP to 2.6.0.0
    - Added Phil's CWM
    - Fixed the Your Own Recovery Script.
    - Updated SuperSU to 1.41
    - New File Hosting service and added the links to my toolkit files in the program.
    - Added a referral program.
    Bugs
    - Directory has to have one word.
    Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
    - Kernels
    - More recoveries
    - Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
    A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
    A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
    A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
    A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
    A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.
    Link is now up!!
    v3.4 Released! 3-2-2013
    - Updated drivers to support Windows 8
    - Updated all TWRP to 2.4.3.0
    - Updated SuperSU to v1.20
    - Removed the kernel section and added the kernel flashing under the Extras section
    - Added new commands: GetVar All, Check CID
    - Added S-Off ONLY commands: Write CID, Return to S-ON
    - Added links: CID list, S-Off thread, SuperCID thread
    - Added a section to S-Off the phone.
    NOTE: I did not add any of the files from the S-Off thread/exploits to my toolkit. I added the official links to download the files but the files are not actually within my toolkit. Therefore, I did not violate what Jcase and beaups said since I did not incorporate the files to my toolkit.

Download is in Post 2.