[Q] Is there a RUU for HBOOT 1.27.1100

Search This thread

james0912

Apr 21, 2012
Hello,
my HTC SENSATION has the HBOOT Version 1.27.1100 and I want to download a RUU to restore my HTC device completely. But I can´t find a RUU with this HBOOT version.
I only have to download the right RUU and install it on my HTC device to restore it completely, right?

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hello,
my HTC SENSATION has the HBOOT Version 1.27.1100 and I want to download a RUU to restore my HTC device completely. But I can´t find a RUU with this HBOOT version.
I only have to download the right RUU and install it on my HTC device to restore it completely, right?

Hi,

Download hboot 1.17 HERE
Then you can use an RUU for that firmware.

:)

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Hi,

It's a PG58IMG.zip .
So, it's just placed on the sd card.
Recovery is not involved.
Yes,it will only change the hboot.

Man I had a duh money, I realized after I posted that that that file will flash automatically when you boot to Hboot, as that is the file name that Hboot looks for. But still doesn't Hboot use the recovery to flash the file?

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Man I had a duh money, I realized after I posted that that that file will flash automatically when you boot to Hboot, as that is the file name that Hboot looks for. But still doesn't Hboot use the recovery to flash the file?

Hi,

I knew you knew that. :p
I just posted for general information.
I think it flashes in bootloader,before recovery starts.

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Hi,

I knew you knew that. :p
I just posted for general information.
I think it flashes in bootloader,before recovery starts.

Ok this will be my last post here cause I don't want to hyjack this thread.

This has brought a question to mind and I will have to see if I can find the answer some how. The question is what does Hboot use to flash the PG58IMG.zip. I personally have always thought it used recovery to flash the file.

Keupie

May 12, 2010
Apeldoorn
Ok this will be my last post here cause I don't want to hyjack this thread.

This has brought a question to mind and I will have to see if I can find the answer some how. The question is what does Hboot use to flash the PG58IMG.zip. I personally have always thought it used recovery to flash the file.

It uses the bootloader to flash the file. If you put it on your sd card and reboot into bootloader (volume down button + power button) you will be asked to update. Choose yes using the volume buttons and the file will be flashed, easy as that

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

Keupie

May 12, 2010
Apeldoorn
Hello,

When you install a rom by a RUU, it will also flash the stock Hboot version. Take a look at the shipped roms thread.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

kualmente

Dec 23, 2011
Hello,

Hboot 1.27 is clearly ICS.

Download official RUU from here (RUU_PYRAMID_ICS_HTC_Europe_3.32.401.5_Radio_11.69.3504.00U_11.22.3504.07_M_release_246089_signed)

This is the latest official ICS RUU for unbranded Europe Sensation.
If your device is branded or your region is not Europe then search for the appropriare RUU.

Run the exe from pc with phone usb plugged. It will restore your phone as "out of the box".

Hope it helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: FnH84

FnH84

Feb 18, 2011
Man I really don't understand any of this lol......... :eek: I'm just gonna ask a few questions and you guys can either respond or not....

1) I am on stock ICS, rooted, with HTC Dev Unlocked and using Clockwork. If I wanted to un-root, remove clockwork and re-lock the Hboot... How would that go exactly? 1.27.0000 etc...

2) I don't understand why getting S-Off is so difficult. If one would simply downgrade from ICS to GB, wouldn't that change the Hboot version to a lower one, and then you would be able to use the Revolutionary way? Or is that not possible to do? Or does the downgrade not affect the Hboot?

3) Which Custom ROM am I able to flash at the moment? Any, based on ICS?

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Man I really don't understand any of this lol......... :eek: I'm just gonna ask a few questions and you guys can either respond or not....

1) I am on stock ICS, rooted, with HTC Dev Unlocked and using Clockwork. If I wanted to un-root, remove clockwork and re-lock the Hboot... How would that go exactly? 1.27.0000 etc...

2) I don't understand why getting S-Off is so difficult. If one would simply downgrade from ICS to GB, wouldn't that change the Hboot version to a lower one, and then you would be able to use the Revolutionary way? Or is that not possible to do? Or does the downgrade not affect the Hboot?

Hi,

1. I think that you can just run the RUU in the post above yours.(If your phone is European)
2.Downgrading is not possible on hboot 1.27.000
HTC have locked you out of this possibility.
3.As you say.Any 3.32. based ICS ROM.

Reactions: FnH84

FnH84

Feb 18, 2011
Hi,

1. I think that you can just run the RUU in the post above yours.(If your phone is European)

Thank you very much :) Not planning un-root but was just wondering, in case I have to do that at some point, it's good to know how :)

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad

It can be done only by running corresponding RUU which can be found based on your firmware(in your case it is 3.32) and cid (to get cid "fastboot getvar cid")...if you are unbranded i.e. cid is HTC__001..then you can run the above mentioned ruu...or else you should get the appropriate one...if you can't find it then post your cid along with radio..we can find the appropriate one for you

If you are S-ON you can't downgrade...not by running a RUU or by flashing firmware directly...that's why people use revolutionary first to get soff and then they'll flash unlocked firmware to update the hboot and all...

It you are SOFF you can literally do anything ..upgrade, downgrade..its your choice..

3 ) Which Custom ROM am I able to flash at the moment? Any, based on ICS?
As you are unlocked via HTC dev..if you update your recovery with 4EXT latest one which has smartflash mode ON(exclusive SON flash)..you could have any ROM :cool:

Edit: I'm bit late huh:D anyways for more detailed answer look ay my post :)

sent from my blazing fast pyramid through sonic waves

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Hboot 1.27 is clearly ICS.

Download official RUU from here (RUU_PYRAMID_ICS_HTC_Europe_3.32.401.5_Radio_11.69.3504.00U_11.22.3504.07_M_release_246089_signed)

This is the latest official ICS RUU for unbranded Europe Sensation.
    If your device is branded or your region is not Europe then search for the appropriare RUU.

Run the exe from pc with phone usb plugged. It will restore your phone as "out of the box".

Hope it helped.

Hi,