[APP][2.1+] Kii Keyboard 1.0 - An all new alternative android keyboard!

Search This thread

kiideveloper

Dec 21, 2012
Kii Keyboard is an all new alternative android keyboard!

●Main features:
★Smart and accurate predictions
★User defined text shortcuts
★Extra number row on top
★Extra arrow row on top
★Swiftkey like next word prediction
★Gesture keyboard control
★Swype like gesture input
★Thumb Keyboard like split keyboard layouts
★Support iOS6 emoji input
★8 build-in HD themes
★Support a variety of themes: Go Keyboard, Better Keyboard, Themeshop Keyboard themes
★Font and color customization
★Use any pictures as keyboard background
★True Multi-touch keyboard

●Support 34 languages:

kp64HJjY2OuZCjeAhDH_NUARM7INVdyibJvNZw3Ltt-qf7JWDpUCWS_5nEvUpyBuL8c=w124

Play store link to download:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zl.inputmethod.latin

Attachments

• device-2012-12-20-230658.jpg
    device-2012-12-20-230658.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 44,029
  • device-2012-12-14-110546.jpg
    device-2012-12-14-110546.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 45,567
  • Kii.png
    Kii.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 35,332
Last edited:

Listy2021

Jan 28, 2012
Installs fine but enabling the "Swype like gesture input" makes it crash on my S2, uninstalled til it is hopefully fixed

Adizzzle

Aug 10, 2012
Kamloops
adizzzle.weebly.com
uqabuhed.jpg

• Cropping similar to Super Keyboard would be nice, as my background image gets a bit stretched.

• More transparency for keys would be fancy.

• Annnd last but not least when I'm typing in my email, the keyboard freaks out and makes a bunch of random words.

Hope to see these issues addressed, I'm in need of a better keyboard and I see great potential here, you just may have a future buyer!

:beer: "We can't stop here, this is Bat Country!" :beer:
Blog: http://ajizzzle.blogspot.ca/

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
I'm having problems with smiley key. I Camry reach the right side of the box no matter what... I would like to see something like SlideIT have. Just tap and choose smiley instead of tap, hold and swipe for it... Next thing that would be great is option to disable accented letters (60 character sms problem). Apart from it its great keyboard and swiping is accurate

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium

UtkarshAgrawal

Dec 1, 2012
Needs some stability fixes, doesn't work perfectly in the browser and frequent crashes

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

kiideveloper

Dec 21, 2012
Thanks for the note, not sure what you meant by " Cropping similar to Super Keyboard", can you give more details?

• Cropping similar to Super Keyboard would be nice, as my background image gets a bit stretched.

• More transparency for keys would be fancy.

• Annnd last but not least when I'm typing in my email, the keyboard freaks out and makes a bunch of random words.

Hope to see these issues addressed, I'm in need of a better keyboard and I see great potential here, you just may have a future buyer!

Reactions: Adizzzle

Adizzzle

Aug 10, 2012
Kamloops
adizzzle.weebly.com
Thanks for the note, not sure what you meant by " Cropping similar to Super Keyboard", can you give more details?

I meant when I use a custom image, the cropping won't let me fit my full image in the keyboard or it gets stretched a bit, but when I use the same kind of function on "Super Keyboard Pro", the cropping and custom image work much better.

Hope that made sense. :p

Blog: http://ajizzzle.blogspot.ca/

moolash

Mar 10, 2009
Not bad, not bad :D

Hi, warm welcome for this new one...
I am strongly testing it against Swype...... that is (was?) my winner, it eats a lot of memory I guess....
A few marks:

- the secondary functions of a key (eg. "?") are not hardly visible, with some themes they are almost not even visible
- I use special chars (áéöü etc.) and I have to get used to getting back to é being just e, so not right next to L and so on

Really this much for now...

what I will focus on: (compared to my experience with swype)
- how it learns
- how much memory it eats up

Keep the good work up and Happy Holidays

:good:

alain57

Jul 15, 2010
i like it, the only missing thing, is the swipe on with space (without needing to release the touch) like swiftkey flow beta.

Hai_Duong

Feb 20, 2011
Göppingen
Can someone tell my why the Kii keyboard is closing after i type the first letter?

Language: German
Smartphone:Atrix 4G
Android: 2.3.6

edit : its caused because of the gesture mode. If disabled it works flawless.

Last edited:

Jay Rock

Sep 27, 2011
San Diego
Testing right now. It's pretty smooth. Maybe swiping feels a bit slow. And keyboard hides automatically randomly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kii Keyboard is an all new alternative android keyboard!

●Main features:
    ★Smart and accurate predictions
    ★User defined text shortcuts
    ★Extra number row on top
    ★Extra arrow row on top
    ★Swiftkey like next word prediction
    ★Gesture keyboard control
    ★Swype like gesture input
    ★Thumb Keyboard like split keyboard layouts
    ★Support iOS6 emoji input
    ★8 build-in HD themes
    ★Support a variety of themes: Go Keyboard, Better Keyboard, Themeshop Keyboard themes
    ★Font and color customization
    ★Use any pictures as keyboard background
    ★True Multi-touch keyboard

●Support 34 languages:

kp64HJjY2OuZCjeAhDH_NUARM7INVdyibJvNZw3Ltt-qf7JWDpUCWS_5nEvUpyBuL8c=w124

Play store link to download:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zl.inputmethod.latin
    Yea I went to download on my new phone and couldn't find it either! Hope they can do an alternative link or something

private temporary: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6y9czqxVYzVYmJ0OWVKVlNmUjQ/view?usp=sharing
    I also have google running but only 31mb not 80 like you. Wonder what the google thing is?

Sent from GNII by TapII

Guys, memory usage in modern operating system are designed to be dynamic. The system is designed in such a way that it will give as much memory as needed to an app (up to some maximum) if it has the memory available, the allocated memory will remain even when they are not being actively used. When another app (or process) needs memory, the system automatically reallocate the unused memory from one app to this other app that needs them. This memory reallocation takes time so the system will not do it unless it's necessary.

This is why on some devices you see an app uses more memory and on some devices it uses less. For example, on mine phone, Kii Keyboard is currently using 20MB of memory. If you see an app uses a lot of memory, it may just mean the system has enough memory to go around and therefore does not need to reallocate unused memory from one app to another.

Monitoring an app's memory usage is the developers' problem, not something an user should be concerned about. From an user perspective, you should just be concerning about whether the app is performing well/smoothly, if it is, there's really no need to care about how much memory it uses.
    Kii keyboard is based off the android 4.2 keyboard, that's why you find many similarities between many of these ports. We are all trying to take the good ides from different keyboards and incorporate them, so yes many features are inspired by different keyboards on the market. I have definitely tried many of these alternative keyboards.

I've used the other JB keyboard and when I tried this one I presumed it was off the 4.2 base with improvements & additional options/features.

But, I haven't looked at the 2 we mentioned to compare menu by menu - are they that close?

--

EDIT: Trying to compare the three keyboards. They all even seem to have some different options of what they can & can't do (does the one by VLLWP have swipe like ability that I'm just missing?). Emoticon is on the enter key on two of them, and a letter on one. Long press on the period gives slightly different menus. Long press on the ?123 key is much better on the Kii keyboard.

So,to me, this doesn't look like a direct rip of one of the ones in the market - this looks like it started as a port of the 4.2 keyboard that he is trying to improve.

Of all 3, I'd stick with whoever keeps trying to improve on it, even if they all started as ports.
    I'm really missing ability to correct already made words. I mean swipe a whole SMS then you find a mistake, you click on bad words and choose another from the bar. Here I have to double click, delete and reswipe

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium