Suddenly lost all service, data etc....IMEI correct, S/N correct.

Search This thread

Singhman

Aug 16, 2008
I've been flashing random ROMS lately for note 2, and i've been running beanstalk 4.4 without any issues for about one week. All of a sudden, i have no service. On lock screen it says, 'emergency calls only". I reverted back to the original 4.3 Bell rom, which also unrooted my phone, and still no luck. My IMEI is correct, and so is my serial number (however before reverting back to stock my IMEI was 'null' and serial number didn't match. As of now, my phone number, IMEI, serial number are all accurate, but I just can't get any service. I've went to my carrier, and they tried everything, including trying different sims etc....but can't get any service? My sim card is fine too. I didnt backup EFS, nor do i know if there is any problem with the EFS components.

However, i just remembered something. The day my phone stopped getting service, i vaguely remember clicking on the terminal emulator app just to see what it was all about. I must have clicked somewhere on there, because suddenly i had a notification that said i had 140 new text messages (all my messages came up as new messages in the notification bar). I would try to clear the notifications, but the text message icon in the notification bar would persistently keep popping up immediately, saying i had 140 new text messages. I didn't know what to do, so i went to application manager and disabled the terminal emulator app, and this stopped the new text message notifications.

Now, i don't know if this caused the issue of not getting any service, but its the only thing outside the norm that i did to my phone. If anyone has any ideas on possible solutions, I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.