[Q] HTC One International stuck at "Htc" Boot screen

Search This thread

thetearer

Jul 14, 2012
Chennai
Brief history:
Htc One m7 Unlocked International version.
I was running ViperOne 6.2.1 with their stock kernel.

The ROM was giving me some issues listed below probably because of some xposed mudule that wasn't compatible.
I was using the following modules if it is relevant:
1. SwypeBack
2. YouTube AdAway
3. Instagram Downloader
4. CPUTemp in Status Bar

So I was facing some issues:
1. The Camera app wasn't working and showed me a black screen every time i launched it.
2. There were some menus that had white text on a white background which made it difficult for me to read.(This was because I checked the wrong option while installing a theme for the ViperOne from The Venom Hub).
3. Apps like clash of clans would start in landscape but only use half the screen..

So I decided that I would wipe the phone and install the Rom Again to make things fine.
This is what I did:
1. Get into TWRP 2.7.0.0
2. Wipe -> Factory Reset
3. Install -> ViperOne 6.2.1
4. Install -> AdAway hosts.zip
5. Wipe Cache/dalvik
6. Reboot
7. Everything was fine but the phone wasn't contacting google after i'd entered my id and password..(later I realized it was because my Wifi at home wasn't working..)

So I rebooted into the recovery again and did this:
1. Get into TWRP 2.7.0.0
2. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> System, Data, Cache, Dalvik
3. Install -> ViperOne 6.2.1
4. Install -> AdAway hosts.zip
5. Wipe Cache/dalvik
6. Reboot
7. Prompted to install SuperSU because phone does not appear to be rooted, so I "Swipe to install SuperSU" and then for a second, I see the log that says "failed to write to System/bin" and then phone reboots.
8. Now the phone is stuck at the "HTC quitely brilliant" bootscreen.

The phone has a Bootloader version hboot 1.56 unlocked via HTCDEV.
I have the htc drivers installed on the pc, I have the android sdk installed to run fastboot commands or adb commands but I am afraid to do anything because I'm not sure what I should be doing right now.

Edit:
I read through this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2386084
Was able to get into the bootloader and got into recovery from there. Restored a nandroid backup from an earlier date. Stock HTC Rom.
Now, When i select Reboot System, the recovery says "your phone does not appear to be rooted, would you like to install SuperSU now?" and i select "DO not install" because I didn't want to get stuck again.
How do I regain root access now?

Last edited:

thetearer

Jul 14, 2012
Chennai
You have wiped the system? it means there is no ROM on your device currently. Flash Viper again (if you have on the SD), if not use adb sideload function ADB sideload help from ARHD

I identified why I was stuck at bootloop. It was so simple I don't know how I missed that..
I was installing viperone 6.2.1.. the 6.2.1 was never released as a full Rom. It was a mini OTA update. So the phone didn't have a complete Rom I stalled..

Fixed by flashing viperone 6.2.0. That's what I was supposed to flash in the first place, I forgot that the 6.2.1 was a mini OTA and flashed that initially and freaked out when it didn't boot. XD

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: davebugyi

davebugyi

Mar 16, 2010
Bratislava
www.myspace.com
I identified why I was stuck at bootloop. It was so simple I don't know how I missed that..
I was installing viperone 6.2.1.. the 6.2.1 was never released as a full Rom. It was a mini OTA update. So the phone didn't have a complete Rom I stalled..

Fixed by flashing viperone 6.2.0. That's what I was supposed to flash in the first place, I forgot that the 6.2.1 was a mini OTA and flashed that initially and freaked out when it didn't boot. XD

:laugh::laugh: Well, next time you know that a .zip with a few MBytes, is not a full ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I rebooted into the recovery again and did this:
    1. Get into TWRP 2.7.0.0
    2. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> System, Data, Cache, Dalvik

You have wiped the system? it means there is no ROM on your device currently. Flash Viper again (if you have on the SD), if not use adb sideload function ADB sideload help from ARHD