Galaxy Tab SCH-I800 Reboot Loop - Computer USB Won't Stay Connected

Search This thread

wireframefx

Jun 28, 2014
Have a Samsung Galaxy Tab (Verizon) SCH-I800 7" that is stuck in a reboot loop. Searches/fixes for this issue seem almost common, but mine is experiencing this issue much worse than the others I've read about. Full charge, not plugged in; without pressing the power button, the device automatically attempts to turn on, the Samsung logo appears for 5 seconds exactly, it shuts itself off, the process repeats until the battery dies. Battery at all levels, plugged in; without pressing the power button, the device automatically attempts to turn on, an empty battery image displays for roughly 4 seconds and then a full battery (or current level) displays for roughly 1 second.

The 5 seconds while it is on, pressing or holding the power button has no affect. Pressing and holding the power + down volume buttons will display the yellow downloading screen, which displays "downloading.... do not turn off target" and yellow android sign for 2-5 seconds (depending on how quickly I am able to load it". While this downloading screen is displayed, pressing power, volume up or down do not have any affect.

When connecting the Tab device to a computer via the USB cord, the computer recognizes it for approximately 4-5 seconds, then disconnects for 4-5 seconds, repeat forever. The computer is unable to successfully install drivers or do anything useful in this short amount of time. The battery has been replaced as well as I thought that may be the issue, no change.

Any suggestions?

Icarus1314

Nov 25, 2013
"Pressing and holding the power + down volume buttons will display the yellow downloading screen, which displays "downloading.... do not turn off target" and yellow android sign for 2-5 seconds"

are you saying it turns off after few second even in that download mode?!
what have you done to your phone before that?
are you on stock firmware? version of ROM?
even tho i don't think i am able to help you, but more info my give someone else a better chance on doing so

fauzanfirefox

Mar 30, 2012
Have a Samsung Galaxy Tab (Verizon) SCH-I800 7" that is stuck in a reboot loop. Searches/fixes for this issue seem almost common, but mine is experiencing this issue much worse than the others I've read about. Full charge, not plugged in; without pressing the power button, the device automatically attempts to turn on, the Samsung logo appears for 5 seconds exactly, it shuts itself off, the process repeats until the battery dies. Battery at all levels, plugged in; without pressing the power button, the device automatically attempts to turn on, an empty battery image displays for roughly 4 seconds and then a full battery (or current level) displays for roughly 1 second.

The 5 seconds while it is on, pressing or holding the power button has no affect. Pressing and holding the power + down volume buttons will display the yellow downloading screen, which displays "downloading.... do not turn off target" and yellow android sign for 2-5 seconds (depending on how quickly I am able to load it". While this downloading screen is displayed, pressing power, volume up or down do not have any affect.

When connecting the Tab device to a computer via the USB cord, the computer recognizes it for approximately 4-5 seconds, then disconnects for 4-5 seconds, repeat forever. The computer is unable to successfully install drivers or do anything useful in this short amount of time. The battery has been replaced as well as I thought that may be the issue, no change.

Any suggestions?

well, i have experienced this, after i flash a ROM, and my battery is low, i forced it to flash, and became the same like your tab....
maybe this step can help your tab...
1.charge your battery for 3-5 hours
2.after that, quickly hold the power + down volume to download mode
3.connect it with your computer, Restock it

PS: IF after step 1 try to normally boot your tab, maybe there still a hope:angel: