[ROM] The Dude's Cupcake1.3RC2 [AOSP + ADP1.5] [2009-06-19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jaaronmoody

Feb 25, 2009
Orlando
Thanks for all YOUR work, and yes HE is. I still hope you find a reason to get involved, although this gives me an opportunity to address a question i have. Is there only so many "rom cooks" needed because of the limited source material, and available modifications to the kernel and the apps to sd methods? or can an unlimited amount of contributors continue to enhance the basic platform?

JoshieJay

Sep 1, 2009
Auto-rotate on magic??

ok i got thedudescupcake 1.3 running on my HTC MyTouch BUTTTT the stupid keyboard doesnt auto-rotate im probably jus being a dumbass and am passing by a particular setting that enables this but **** it i need help if anyone knows how to calibrate the rotation, please let me know (the game teeter doesnt work either its as if my motion sensor isnt working or something?)

PS - Ive tryed going to settings/sound&Display i check and uncheck the lil box that says Orientation and still nothing?:confused:

Tomb77

Jun 6, 2009
Colorado
ok i got thedudescupcake 1.3 running on my HTC MyTouch BUTTTT the stupid keyboard doesnt auto-rotate im probably jus being a dumbass and am passing by a particular setting that enables this but **** it i need help if anyone knows how to calibrate the rotation, please let me know (the game teeter doesnt work either its as if my motion sensor isnt working or something?)

PS - Ive tryed going to settings/sound&Display i check and uncheck the lil box that says Orientation and still nothing?:confused:

Sorry man but it's been a while since I flashed this. was always my favorite along with ramjet way back. I think maybe it did't rotate on home if that is what you are trying to do, just browser. I could be wrong. If so maybe reflash it. Hopefully someone confirms that soon.

Last edited:

kaotikking

Apr 9, 2009
Bronx, NY
Sorry man but it's been a while since I flashed this. was always my favorite along with ramjet way back. I think maybe it did't rotate on home if that is what you are trying to do, just browser. I could be wrong. If some maybe reflash it. Hopefully someone confirms that soon.

this ROM wasnt made with magic support if i member correctly plus the dude stop making ROMs around the time advanced launcer came out so the auto rotate on home is not enabled..... Here is the advanced launcher thanks to overground

overground

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Dev
this ROM wasnt made with magic support if i member correctly plus the dude stop making ROMs around the time advanced launcer came out so the auto rotate on home is not enabled..... Here is the advanced launcher thanks to overground
I've just updated that post and added V17 back to it for pre-donut builds. This launcher will allow your homescreen to autorotate, and as kaotikking said, none of Dude's builds autorotate on the homescreen stock.

bfreexxx

Apr 6, 2009
California
ADP 1.6

Hey Dude! I really hope you and Manup get on Donut and put out a hawt a$$ ROM like all the others you put out.

It'd be nice to see 2.0 Dude style.

Last edited:

MFK DGAF

Nov 9, 2009
When directed to the download page, it is asking for a password to start the download. Does anyone know the password?

Thanks

the_dark_lord

Nov 18, 2009
Great work..!

Hey DUDE...
its really outstanding the work u r doing..its great to see all this awesome developer stuff..i have recently bought an unlocked G1(Black).
i don't know much but i have done the steps like rooting and changing the recovery image to cyanogens1.4.
i have even tried thedude'scupcake1.2...
its really awesome..
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...!!! :)

wesgarner

May 10, 2007
Birmingham, AL
Standalone Version

**ALL CREDIT TO ROGRO82, IRRENHAUS AND MANUP456 FOR THIS*
Just to be clear, this is themed like the Dude's "leaked" Sick build or most Hero themes.
(Probably will work on others, though) I will update this post as new versions are released.
V11 until further notice: We've lost some wallpapers in this release. I've attached the removed wallpapers. Unzip somewhere to sdcard...well anyone who's pushing this probably knows how to change a wallpaper. I just put them in /sdcard/wallpapers. You can apply them using gallery or through a file manager.
I've also decided to go with the lighter grey background for the app tray, pm me if you don't like it and I'll send you one with the dark background.

Click here for changelog

Well, here's my first attempt at themeing (really I just dragged and dropped, but, whatever). This is rogro82's new Launcher with the new cool new features added by irrenhaus and some modifications by cyanogen. All I've done is ported Dude's and Manup's Sick (Hero) theme....read more about rogro's launcher here. The modifications implemented by irrenhaus can be found here with screen shots (keep in mind, my tray handle will be different). I wanted to try it out, but I didn't want the ugly tray tab, and wanted it to fit this theme. When trying anything I post....USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! I usually have no idea what I'm doing.

Pros:
Hide apps from app tray
Auto Rotate on Homescreen
Customizable number of Homescreens as well as set which one is actually "home".
Homescreen auto rotate toggle on/off (requires reboot when turning from off to on)
Add folders to app tray and place apps from the drawer in them
5 icons across in tray
More stuff added and fixed see changelog link above to get complete description

Cons:
I had to trash and replace all of my widgets (again, probably because I have no idea what I'm doing) This can also be a real PITA if you have 1 or more of Bratag's Launcher Dock widgets or any other widgets that require customization. I have no folders on my homescreen, so I don't know the effect on these. If anybody tries this and has folders, let me know the outcome.
Known Bug: apps are not removed from tray on first boot for some reason after reboot all's well.
Known Bug: (FIXED IN V13) Sub-menus do not play well with apps and special characters especially '
Known Bug: Dragging app (shortcut) from tray to a full homescreen causes f/c

****NOTE*** For any changes in homescreen number options to be applied, you must open and close hard keyboard while at the homescreen

You can just wait till Dude puts out a new build as this will definitely be included...and do a better job, at that.

Ok...lets get started.
1. Make a nandroid (if you can't do this do not try this mod)
2. Unzip Launcher.zip to desktop
3. For redundancy we'll back up your current launcher
Code:
cd desktop
adb remount
adb pull /system/app/Launcher.apk LauncherBAK.apk
4. Keep cmd prompt open and install new launcher
Code:
adb push Launcher.apk /system/app/Launcher.apk
adb rm /system/app/Launcher.odex (thanks to kusotare for pointing this out, if no Launcher.odex found, move on)
adb shell reboot
5. Reload your widgets
6. Good idea to reboot again
7. If you don't like it, restore your nandroid or rename LauncherBAK.apk to Launcher.apk and push it back to /system/app
IF YOU NEED TERMINAL COMMANDS CLICK HERE
Edit: To remove an app from the tray, long press on it and throw it in the trash as you would any widget or shortcut. They can be restored by going to your new "extended" tab by pressing menu from the homescreen, then going to "application drawer", then long press on the app you want to restore.

EDIT 2: To create or manage folders in the app drawer:
1. press "menu" button from homescreen
2. press "more"
3. press "submenus" this will bring up an app list (may take awhile if you have many apps) - long click on an app to place or remove in/from folders
4. press "menu" button and select "manage submenus" - long click on existing folder to delete
5. To create a folder, while "manage menus" is on the screen, press the "menu" button, then select "add menu"
6. name folder, go to step 3 to add apps to that folder or see below.

To drag and drop apps to a sub-menu:
1. Create sub-menu (see above)
2. Open app drawer
3. Open sub-menu
4. Open app drawer again
5. Drag app from drawer to previously opened sub-menu
6. Repeat to add more apps to sub-menu

EDIT 3: If you're going to flash a new build and want to preserve your launcher settings across flashes, do this (change desktop to your preferred path):
YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE TO USE THE SAME LAUNCHER VERSION I.E. V11 (not necessarily this themed launcher).
To backup:
Code:
cd desktop
adb remount
adb pull /data/data/com.android.launcher/databases LauncherDB
To restore:
Code:
cd desktop
adb remount
adb push LauncherDB /data/data/com.android.launcher
adb shell reboot
For those of you who'd rather have the X-ROM theme version of this Launcher, you can try it out here. Looks pretty good with Sick.

***NOTE*** V2.1 is for donut builds...V17 is for pre-donut builds

Standalone Version of 2.1

Attachments

• AdvancedLauncher.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Force closes

I have the upgraded to the 1.5 software and when i press the phone button to make a call, answer a call, access my contacts i get a force close every time is there anything i can do besides downgrade?