[ROM] AOKP (4.2.2) (Beta) For the Samsung Epic 4g - 03/06/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

FrankyFiggz27

Apr 17, 2011
Vatican City
33 is flyingggg with supercharger settings. WAY faster than 32 imo. I found that if you use nyan kernel with sio and ondemand and oc to 1.2ghz and make the min 200mhz, the battery life is still great and speeds r tremendous. Vm heapsize should be on 92 instead of 128 by default...duno y it isn't. More free ram and no fcs.

Sent from the Epoch

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
That's BS. I've personally experienced battery life better than stock on past ROMs, on this phone.

I suggest you don't say things confidently if they're obviously not true. It makes you look stupid.

Not saying custom roms don't get better battery life , they defiantly do.

What I'm saying is if you use your phone like a mini laptop running it nonstop for 4-5 hours your battery isn't going to last long doesn't matter if your on a custom or stock rom.

Sent from my Epic Ice Cream Sandwhich

Lueoldgregg

Mar 11, 2012
I'm on the page with the links but cannot find which one you are referring to. Care to direct link me?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
That's BS. I've personally experienced battery life better than stock on past ROMs, on this phone.

I suggest you don't say things confidently if they're obviously not true. It makes you look stupid.

I'm assuming the crazy 3g drain on AOSP roms is due to samsung's horrible ril and the dirty fixes associated.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Alias8818

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
If I reallllllly cared about battery life so much, i'd get CM7 and a 3500mah battery.

That is the probably thee best battery life and performance you will get out of this phone.

ICS is merely just beta at the moment. Tweaks are yet to be complete. With that being said, haven't you all seen the awesome memory tweaks flutter down the pipes from our hard working CM9 team?

They are starting the tweak process but want some that is stable. Its a balancing act between stable, speed, and battery life. Of course we all want the first two... well first. The battery has yet to come I feel.

Reactions: ksmullins88

christophocles

Nov 21, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
I just updated to the latest version, wiped cache and dalvik. I already flashed gapps 0317, is it safe to flash the new 0422 gapps over the old gapps or should I redo the upgrade process?

LucJoe

Nov 12, 2008
Yeah, when I get some extra time to put into it. Roaming should work fine regardless of the setting.

4g toggle is upstream. Meaning other devices have the same issue. Aka, crespo4g.

Roaming does not work for me. I confirmed this on build 32 and tried wipe/flash build 33 and not touch any of the settings. Still does NOT work.

Tested from my desk at work. It's outside of Sprint towers and I have always been able to get a roaming signal until AOKP.

Just reporting a bug! Love the ROM enough to continue using it even if I can't get a signal, and that's saying something :D

Nicole2320

Feb 25, 2008
This is my first time playing with an ice cream rom....loving it, just one question...EXCUSE THE IGNORANCE of this one. Where is the update profile and prl. I dont have good signal in the house and I do have an airrave, but I have no bars.

nikon120

Oct 3, 2010
This is my first time playing with an ice cream rom....loving it, just one question...EXCUSE THE IGNORANCE of this one. Where is the update profile and prl. I dont have good signal in the house and I do have an airrave, but I have no bars.
Use this link to update prl/profile and calibrate sensors.
http://epiccm.blogspot.com/2012/01/boot-el30-stock-from-sdcard.html

You can't update those items via CM/AOKP. You currently need to do a temp boot off the SD card to load stock FC09 to perform those actions.

Reactions: Nicole2320

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

Updating PRL and profile cannot be done from aosp ROMs. There is a lengthy procedure to do this such as the sdcard bootable TW ROMs, or backing up, flashing a TW ROM, update then restore. Please use the search function when possible. This is a known and well documented issue. Thanks.

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC

Look in development for wtogami's [kexec] temp-boot-to-FC09, all instructions are there..........the download is on the EPIC-CM-blogspot; you can run your updates from temp stock, then reboot right back to AOKP.

.........sent from today's android = 4.0.4

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Huh don't know how y'all are complaining about battery life... its amazing for me... =] least over all wifi... when my stock is empty ill test my 3500 over all 3g which will be painful when I'm only getting 1.mb and my wifi is 30mbs oh well...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP(4.2.2) For the Samsung Epic 4g

Epic AOKP Presents!

cm9-promo-1+%281%29.png

For newest release, check here: Link

[OLD]AOKP Build 4 for Epic 4G now available!

Follow the Epic AOKP team for the most up-to-date news, changes, or releases for the AOKP Rom:
    Epic 4G AOKP: [Google+][Facebook][Blogspot]

Links:
    News
    Features/Screenshots
    Progress/Change Logs
    Install Guide/Downloads
    Notes...

We have moved to a more organized way of giving you information!
    As you can notice, there is now an issue tracker. (helps me sort issues)
    All the information that was in these two posts are now at our blogspot: here.
    Alias can always fix that up for us though , I'm sure ... ;)

If I get some time tonight, we will go for another build.
    Also, I put my app in tonight to be a device maintainer.

Thank you for the update notice.

LTE data toggle should be WiMax instead since the Epic doesn't even have an LTE radio...

Also what's up with b34?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    If I didn't know this already, I shouldn't be compiling a ROM for you all.
    And since you want to be rude and tell people about taking pills... have yourself a chill pill :)
    #noanger

New build, in case no one knew o_O
    http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases/_/build-34-r19

P.S. Why aren't we officially supported?! ):

As mentioned, its going through some proper channels.
    There are some pieces of code I edit manually that enables ours and disables others.
    I have to figure out a way to make both happy before we can be joyously supported.

Annnnddd further more. There are a few of you that appear to feel you are entitled to the work I do.
    Maybe a reminder is needed... I don't get paid for this. This is not my job.
    I have a life, which you are merely included in because you click the download button on the work I've shared.
    You are not entitled to it, its a privilege.
    If I had the choice to take that privilege away, some of you would no longer have it.
    Be grateful for what life and people give to you, it all can be taken away.