Discussion: other devices and upgrading

Search This thread

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Nope, don't think my next phone is gana be from samsung. Going for Sony or HTC

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I'd sooner go LG than put up with HTC's bullcrap again.

And Sony, well their handsets lack CDMA antennas. So you need to get on a GSM carrier of some sort.

All OEMs pull this crap of arbitrarily restricting update code. Leaving Samsung won't magically make it any better....and with the locked bootloaders HTC loves, life can be much more annoying. You want 4.3 run AOSP, it isn't like there's much of any reason to stick to TWiz these days. Most all the unique TWiz features have gotten loaded into free apps on Play for AOSP/CM use.

Last edited:

odean14

Dec 16, 2010
New York
I'd sooner go LG than put up with HTC's bullcrap again.

And Sony, well their handsets lack CDMA antennas. So you need to get on a GSM carrier of some sort.

All OEMs pull this crap of arbitrarily restricting update code. Leaving Samsung won't magically make it any better....and with the locked bootloaders HTC loves, life can be much more annoying. You want 4.3 run AOSP, it isn't like there's much of any reason to stick to TWiz these days. Most all the unique TWiz features have gotten loaded into free apps on Play for AOSP/CM use.

I agree, HTC is being a pain as for Sony I'm not staying with sprint after my contract is up. I'm done with paying alot of money for crappy service.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

caguas56

May 25, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
AT&T Mega on Straight Talk

Got an AT&T Mega on Straight Talk and did not loose 4G connectivity all day long. if this trial works as expected will be leaving Sprint soon!!!!!!! :laugh:

robertm2011

Dec 27, 2011
Yeah, I'm going to try GSM/simcards on a month-to-month basis.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

monkeybone12

Sep 20, 2010
Ft. Morgan, Co
Too content with the note 2 to even consider an upgrade atm. Excited for the next big thing, but I'll be in the bleachers for it this time around.
:)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
Coming from the Note II and previously having owned the Note 3, the Nexus 5 is so quick and snappy, but the size if the screen is what kills it. After having activated for about two days, i'm actually thinking about returning mine due to this.

Reasons I dont look at small screens phone anymore after having a note 2 my next phone I have to make sure it's on top of the food chain and besides that I have to make sure the screen size is between 5.3-5.7 inch (no homo).

fatboypup

Jul 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
www.myspace.com
Got the LG G2

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1383935683275.jpg
    1383935683275.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 132

Jocelyn

Jul 16, 2008
Orlando, FL
To follow up, apparently my Note 3 was stolen by UPS on the way back to the Sprint warehouse. I've been dealing with this for over two weeks and hope it gets fixed :(

Last edited:

elosogrande7076

Dec 11, 2006
To follow up, apparently my Note 3 was stolen by UPS on the way back to the Sprint warehouse. I've been dealing with this for over two weeks and hope it gets fixed :(

I hope everything works out for you! Quick question....having both the Note 2 and then the Note 3, do you think the Note 3 is worth getting? I just got a Note 2 and loving it and starting toying with the idea of getting a Note 3 but with their current issues/Knox, not sure if its worth it (might just be suffering from a case of "must have the latest gadget" lol). Appreciate your thoughts

Jocelyn

Jul 16, 2008
Orlando, FL
I hope everything works out for you! Quick question....having both the Note 2 and then the Note 3, do you think the Note 3 is worth getting? I just got a Note 2 and loving it and starting toying with the idea of getting a Note 3 but with their current issues/Knox, not sure if its worth it (might just be suffering from a case of "must have the latest gadget" lol). Appreciate your thoughts

Thanks! I actually posted the entire progression or lack of progression, depending on how you want to look at it, over on the Sprint forums. It's insane imo - https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/139513

Knox was part of the reason I sent it back. The other reason was that I was experiencing wifi and voice problems. As for your question, you know that feeling when you first get the Note 2 in your hands and you're just going wow about it? Well I came from an Epic 4G Touch, and when I opened my Note 2, I went through that wow phase. This didn't really happen with the Note 3 for me, mainly because it didn't feel like a huge upgrade coming from a Note 2. There are some nice small upgrades like 4.3, new stylus features, feels slightly better in the hand, etc., but the Note 2 will get most of these software updates in the coming weeks. The only thing that really set it apart from the Note 2 for me was the screen. I'm outside quite a lot and the Note 3 screen blows the Note 2 screen away out in the sunlight and to some degree even indoors. That said, I really miss the Note 3's screen and plan to pick one up again, assuming my RMA thing is resolved and a better Knox solution comes about. I also have a feeling that the Note 4 will have the same "wow effect" that the Note 2 did, but of course this is nothing more than speculation.

Last edited:
Reactions: elosogrande7076

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
With all the Knox issues I'm staying away from anything with it atm. The only exception will be this N2 as I only root and slap busybox on it.

The other killer for me - neither the S4 or N3 had Spark support, which I want. So I'll wait another cycle I think and probably tide over on a G2.

vincey2kr1

Sep 3, 2010
Taking my g2 back. The rf performance is terrible compared to my n2. Literally gets stuck on 3G were I had 4g and it's a tower issue. It's not even spark enabled till early 2014. The low light camera shots are horrid , it actually looks like it's running 2fps skips.. The screen looks washed out and with nav keys taking a portion of the screen Web text looks so small.. Gf got the note 3, now that's an actual upgrade. The screen has a nice wow factor, much lighter better overall IMO. Biggest deal breaker is the lg g2 does not support data while on voice even if your connected to 4g... From what I hear g2 is Knox enabled too? I'm going to wait out till the s5 chances are they might support data over voice with triband support by then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It seems that time of year has come around and new devices are rolling out. People are discussing their upgrade options.
    Please use this thread for all other device discussions, comparisons and upgrade options.
    Thank you
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    How in the world can Sprint customers have an ounce of faith in Sprint Spark when Sprint STILL doesn't even have a good working LTE network after two freakiin' years???!!! Do Sprint users really think that Sprint will finally get their network up to the speed and reliability standards that pre-paid service provider currently offer? I have my doubts at this point! It just seems as if Sprint is just sitting on their @$$e$ and are not getting things done in a lot of places. I know when my wife and I buy our next home we are making sure we live within a few hundred yards of a Sprint tower or I'm not buying the house. I'm fed up if you can't tell. LOL
    Face it naddit. People make threads so people can look into them what's the point of us regular people having the option todo so we take it. This stickie ain't going to get no love just like all the others. People make the threads for a reason sure some are pointless yea. Some are interesting until people like you close the thread down. Its like the 4th thread I've seen closed by you in less than a week. Idc but would you like to get your threads locked?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
    The same sources that used to give us leaks were able to sneak one nugget out.
    The info from Samsung that was provided (a while ago) said this will have Tri-band support and VoLTE.
    Good price?

Do you guys think 140-150 is a good price for a sprint s4 from Craigslist?