Thl T200

Search This thread

nitrobg

Sep 3, 2011
Thanks for the info. It sure does help me choose my next phone. I saw a video on youtube showing ZP998 beats T200 on Antutu by a little more in every aspect despite the fact is true or not I still won't buy ZP998 cause I saw quite a bit of ZP998 owners already complaining ring volume, weak sound on video recording, GPS and WIFI problems meaning all these are being transferred from ZP990 to 998. As most of the people know ZOPO don't give a damn and provide no after sale support. On the hand I am trying not to go back to Samsung Galaxy series ( which I dumped Galaxy 3 for OPPO Find 5 ) The reason is pricey. OPPO F5 was better than ZOPO, I sold it for ZP990 now I know is a bad choice I made.
I will look around a little more ( Chinese phones ) Do more research before I decide what to buy next.
I'm glad it helped. The antutu scores are subjective due to Android's nature of multitasking and background processes - it should be giving you an estimate to find how fast it really is instead of relying on it.
My THL T200 doesn't have this issue - so far everything is good, however there are no ROMs so far - the focus of the developers goes to T100 instead. If you ask me, you don't need a custom ROM, the OS is just a plain AOSP with minor framework adjustments.
The only issues I've found so far are the battery (doesn't last very long due to the huge screen) and the cheapass notification light that is more like 2 colours barely visible LED instead of a proper multicoloured LED.

i have been eyeing this phone here in the philippines because of its high-end specs.
anyone who can confirm the build? i really need a heavy duty phone in terms of build. since the phone is quite big, i am afraid it has a tendency to be bent when inside pants pocket.
Build quality is extremely good, especially if you use the plastic case it comes with.

Samkee007

May 8, 2011
I'm glad it helped. The antutu scores are subjective due to Android's nature of multitasking and background processes - it should be giving you an estimate to find how fast it really is instead of relying on it.
My THL T200 doesn't have this issue - so far everything is good, however there are no ROMs so far - the focus of the developers goes to T100 instead. If you ask me, you don't need a custom ROM, the OS is just a plain AOSP with minor framework adjustments.
The only issues I've found so far are the battery (doesn't last very long due to the huge screen) and the cheapass notification light that is more like 2 colours barely visible LED instead of a proper multicoloured LED.

Build quality is extremely good, especially if you use the plastic case it comes with.
Does this T200 comes with pre-applied screen protector and a flip case? The ZP 990 does.

bazabaza

May 30, 2010
Thanks for the info. It sure does help me choose my next phone. I saw a video on youtube showing ZP998 beats T200 on Antutu by a little more in every aspect despite the fact is true or not I still won't buy ZP998 cause I saw quite a bit of ZP998 owners already complaining ring volume, weak sound on video recording, GPS and WIFI problems meaning all these are being transferred from ZP990 to 998. As most of the people know ZOPO don't give a damn and provide no after sale support. On the hand I am trying not to go back to Samsung Galaxy series ( which I dumped Galaxy 3 for OPPO Find 5 ) The reason is pricey. OPPO F5 was better than ZOPO, I sold it for ZP990 now I know is a bad choice I made.
I will look around a little more ( Chinese phones ) Do more research before I decide what to buy next.[/QUOTE

Antutu a little suspect at moment with some manufacturers modding their phones to give better results.

kted

May 7, 2008
HELP! Erased NVRAM

My NVRAM (?) partition is erased, so even after restoring the official ROM I found at NeedROM, there is no baseband information and no IMEIs.
Can anyone with a working phone send me what's necessary (nvram.bin?) so that I can reflash it?
The backup I took with MTKDroidTools (after the wipe), is full of zeroes.
Thanks in advance

nitrobg

Sep 3, 2011
My NVRAM (?) partition is erased, so even after restoring the official ROM I found at NeedROM, there is no baseband information and no IMEIs.
Can anyone with a working phone send me what's necessary (nvram.bin?) so that I can reflash it?
The backup I took with MTKDroidTools (after the wipe), is full of zeroes.
Thanks in advance

Yeah, the one from needrom screws up your IMEI and baseband because it's for China only.
Can anyone share an original untouched factory ROM for backup purposes? Mine is way too modified.
You can always restore your IMEI using MTK Droid Tools as long as the baseband works fine.

Last edited:

nitrobg

Sep 3, 2011
Yes, it does. Full unnecessary gapps, I've removed most of them.
The audio is fine, initially it was bit quiet but I followed this thread and now it's fine. It has its own audio enhancer plugin - BES Audio. It doesn't offer settings, but it improves the audio stream. I couldn't manage to get V4A to work, but perhaps it will with some tinkering.

Last edited:
Reactions: robgee789
Yes, it does. Full unnecessary gapps, I've removed most of them.
The audio is fine, initially it was bit quiet but I followed this thread and now it's fine. It has its own audio enhancer plugin - BES Audio. It doesn't offer settings, but it improves the audio stream. I couldn't manage to get V4A to work, but perhaps it will with some tinkering.

i have a htc sensation xe with beats by dre and a good set of sony headphones how do you think this will stand up to that for music mate? and where is the safest and and cheapest place to buy this phone from in the uk

nitrobg

Sep 3, 2011
i have a htc sensation xe with beats by dre and a good set of sony headphones how do you think this will stand up to that for music mate? and where is the safest and and cheapest place to buy this phone from in the uk

Unless you find a proper software audio enhancer, the sound would be worse compared to Beats Audio. Remember that this is almost stock android with no plugins installed and Beats is a software enhancer.
The cheapest site will always be Pandawill or Aliexpress, however you might have to pay duty and VAT.

Unless you find a proper software audio enhancer, the sound would be worse compared to Beats Audio. Remember that this is almost stock android with no plugins installed and Beats is a software enhancer.
The cheapest site will always be Pandawill or Aliexpress, however you might have to pay duty and VAT.

cheers mate do you know what kind of extra costs like duty would be getting it all the way to the uk

nitrobg

Sep 3, 2011
AFAIK, only the regular SIM has 3G available for use. The micro SIM is 2G only.
Don't take my word for granted, though - I use only one atm.
Otherwise the choice between the sim cards is really easy - if you open the Dialer/Messages/Contacts, you swipe down the notification bar and choose between SIM1, SIM2 or always ask.

AIXI

Aug 30, 2009
Otherwise the choice between the sim cards is really easy - if you open the Dialer/Messages/Contacts, you swipe down the notification bar and choose between SIM1, SIM2 or always ask.

One sim works in 3g mode and the other one works in 2g mode but you can choose witch sim works in 3g mode, when you select to change this the mobile network went down and afetr a few seconds it comes up againg with the 3g swapped.
This can be done since the 6589, only in th old models you have to change the sim from one slot to other.
I have testd it on the t200 and in both sim it gets HSPA+

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I received the ThL T200 a few days ago and I have been using it as my main phone.The T200 is a pleasure to use. It has a six inch screen and coming from my previous cubot A6589 (5.7 inch) it does seem much bigger in the hand. however I did own a N9776 and of course I could be getting used to big phones. i'm getting on a bit in years, and I find that smaller screens seem too small for me without my reading glasses!

The design of the T200 follows a common design format for Chinese phones with its black or white back cover and crome trim. The left and right boarder is about 3 mm wide with the usual wider top and bottom boarders.Ear phone jack and micro USB is unusually set into the top edge, In most phones the bottom boader contains the home button etc, but the T200 follows a tablet layout with soft keys taking up the bottom of the screen. You can hide it though so you can free up real estate on the main screen.Power button is on the left with the volume rocker on the right of the phone.The top boarde contains the sensors as usual with a small red LED notification light which illuminates on messgaes, missed calls etc and when requiring or when being charged. chaging to green when sufficient battery power is there.Like the T100S when the disply is off the display blends with surrounding bezels.

The display is a very good 1930 x 1080 full HD resolution. Colour seems good as is brightness of the display. Like the T100S it has a density of 441 pixels per inch, so the screen is sharp and clear. Its not the best Ive seen but at this price it seems a bargin.

The MTK6592 is an octo-core A7 at 1.7 Ghz which certainly moves along at a good pace. I got over 27000 on Antutu although with the recent issues with manufacturers either doctoring read outs or making the OS recognise when Antutu is running, this might be a little misleading but it is certainly in line with other scores Ive seen out there.
    For Epic Citadel, the T200 consistently managed 41.8 frames per second (fps) on the High Quality setting. its also quite good considering the GPU is the Mali-450 which isn't the best out there but again I feel one has to take into account the price difference.

I haven't tested the CPU yet but Gary Sims on android Authority has tested the T100S

http://www.androidauthority.com/octa-core-thl-t100s-review-327578/

The battery is a 2500 mAh which for me has given about 1 day 12 hours of normal use (WIFI and data continuously on, phones, bit of film watching and games)so far although it might need some more bedding in. Like the T100S it has a option to limit CPU activity to lengthen battery life. tried both (one charge with it on and one off) and it doesn't seem to make much difference.

2GB RAM + 32GB ROM (translates as 5.77GB internal storage and 22.07GB phone storage

The camera is a 13 mp back camera and the front is 8 mp. Its good but I have seen better, but again you get what you pay for and for general use both cameras are more than adequate.

The phone has OTG which works straight out of the box mounting the drive instantaneously. It also has NFC I haven;t tested this but if it is like its twin the T100S then it should work well.

Overall then the THL T200 is a very good phone in my opinion for the price.It has its weak points but considering the price differential I feel its worthy of consideration.
    TWRP 2.6.3.0 recovery with new interface for THL T200. installing using CWM/TWRP.
    Download

One sim works in 3g mode and the other one works in 2g mode but you can choose witch sim works in 3g mode, when you select to change this the mobile network went down and afetr a few seconds it comes up againg with the 3g swapped.
    This can be done since the 6589, only in th old models you have to change the sim from one slot to other.
    I have testd it on the t200 and in both sim it gets HSPA+

Has anyone tried this? Can you maybe provide some more info on it? Like where it came from?

About the camera: While the picture quality is pretty good (on par, if not better than my previous phone, a Galaxy SII), the autofocus is quite terrible... Could be fixable in firmware... Taking multiple pictures is easy though (helped by the speed it can take pictures at).

I'll have a go at the audio performance, but I'm no expert in these matters. Don't have any really decent headphones at hand, but I'll see if I can hook it up to my hifi amp and compare it to some other sources.
    I got mine in today, been playing around a bit, very nice new toy, I'm impressed with the performance so far.

For those who are interested: It seems to have a form of CWM recovery mode, just keep volume-up pressed while switching the phone on. The power button works as a back button, the vol-up as the 'confirm' button and the vol-down scrolls the menu.

Options available are:
    • Reboot system now
    • apply update from ADB
    • apply update from sdcard
    • apply update from cache
    • wipe data/factory reset
    • wipe cache partition
    • backup user data
    • restore user data