Search This thread

kyleberry.graphics

Sep 1, 2012
Broken Arrow
www.facebook.com
lvl 1 - kill the kindle - completed

lvl 2 - kernel firewall - started

:) great news

For the discerning reader, the reason i havent posted a solution yet is that while i managed to get the device to boot, the image resized the partition to the size of the image so the /system cannot hold ANY additional...ANYTHING.

fastboot will not write a sparse image so im trying to figure out how to push the stock 11.3.2.1 .bin and reroot

mint-an

Jul 27, 2011
For the discerning reader, the reason i havent posted a solution yet is that while i managed to get the device to boot, the image resized the partition to the size of the image so the /system cannot hold ANY additional...ANYTHING.

fastboot will not write a sparse image so im trying to figure out how to push the stock 11.3.2.1 .bin and reroot

yeah i saw your g+ post about it, posted my thought to but I don't thing they are going to help you

davethebrave14

Feb 13, 2014
Restore tool uploading now. see first post..
gonna try this now man... fingers crossed

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

PHP:
Restore tool uploading now. see first post..

i ran your runme.bat. everything went fine but when i booted it up, it got stuck at the boot logo again but instead of the one with the orange logo i got the grey dull one... please help

kyleberry.graphics

Sep 1, 2012
Broken Arrow
www.facebook.com
gonna try this now man... fingers crossed

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

PHP:

i ran your runme.bat. everything went fine but when i booted it up, it got stuck at the boot logo again but instead of the one with the orange logo i got the grey dull one... please help
The problem is the new.img it worked for me because I dint wipe any data so I kept su. Im trying to get a rooted system.img today

Sent from my SCH-R970 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: turtel2k1
Hello,

by mistake, i flashed the files for KFHD 2012 (Tate).
During my insuccessful operation, i also wiped the cache of the kindle.
I think that's the reason, why the script does not work.

Are there any news about your Factory Restore Tool and a rooted system.img?

Thank you.

mikeataol

Nov 21, 2013

Thanks a bunch for this.

the tool didnt do it, the timing of getting adb to work seems to me very difficult if you are booting with a fastboot cable , and then want to boot to the mini system img.

BUT....

if you let the tool install the minisystem.img

and then can get adb access , the following post on the google group got me back to stock

How to reinstall FireOS

Botched your /system partition beyond recognition? Everything is broken? Dropped your #Kindle in a sea of piss and need to RMA it? Fear not! You can just reinstall FireOS and get it looking just as if we had never touched it!

First of all, you'll have to root your tablet. I'm assuming you know how to do this!

Once that's done, put this file -- https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire-updates/update-kindle-11.3.1.0_user_310084920.bin -- in /sdcard/ (you can use adb push).

Then run these commands:

adb shell
su
root@android:/# cp /sdcard/update-kindle-11.3.1.0_user_310084920.bin /cache/update.zip
root@android:/# echo --update_package=/cache/update.zip > /cache/recovery/command
root@android:/# exit
shell@android:/$ exit
adb reboot recovery

If everything went well, you should see the 'installing update' screen -- and once you're booted, we're back to stock! We did it!!!!!!

I did it slightly differently, I just renamed the bin on my pc first, and adb pushed it to /cache
I had to mount rootfs for r/w to do the adb push into /cache
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount rootfs /
chmod 777 /cache

Gran PC

Aug 13, 2013
Thanks a bunch for this.

the tool didnt do it, the timing of getting adb to work seems to me very difficult if you are booting with a fastboot cable , and then want to boot to the mini system img.

BUT....

and then can get adb access , the following post on the google group got me back to stock

How to reinstall FireOS

Botched your /system partition beyond recognition? Everything is broken? Dropped your #Kindle in a sea of piss and need to RMA it? Fear not! You can just reinstall FireOS and get it looking just as if we had never touched it!

First of all, you'll have to root your tablet. I'm assuming you know how to do this!

Once that's done, put this file -- https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire-updates/update-kindle-11.3.1.0_user_310084920.bin -- in /sdcard/ (you can use adb push).

Then run these commands:

adb shell
su
root@android:/# cp /sdcard/update-kindle-11.3.1.0_user_310084920.bin /cache/update.zip
root@android:/# echo --update_package=/cache/update.zip > /cache/recovery/command
adb reboot recovery

If everything went well, you should see the 'installing update' screen -- and once you're booted, we're back to stock! We did it!!!!!!

I did it slightly differently, I just renamed the bin on my pc first, and adb pushed it to /cache
adb shell
su
chmod 777 /cache

Yeah the tool pretty much does just that (the steps on my guide, not your chmod shenanigans.. although that's a nice idea!)

Also, if you're gonna use the tool, please use the latest version (@kyleberry.graphics, update OP please):

https://peniscorp.com/KindleRoot_dist_windows_0.1.1.zip

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
Yeah the tool pretty much does just that (the steps on my guide, not your chmod shenanigans.. although that's a nice idea!)

Also, if you're gonna use the tool, please use the latest version (@kyleberry.graphics, update OP please):

can you help please I have run the tool everything went fine but when I boot kindle ijust get grey kindle writing still or if I plug fastboot cable in I get fastboot still nothing has chaned kindle still stuck at kindle writing am I ding something wrong what gives can you help me many thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the website is offline. Can you upload the file again?

It is a very old version, so I took it down. You can download it from https://peniscorp.com/firerooter
    Works here.

Thanks to all the devs here for making this possible...

Working on an automated script now =)
    Thanks a bunch for this.

BUT....

How to reinstall FireOS

Then run these commands:

adb shell
    su
    adb reboot recovery

adb shell
    su
    chmod 777 /cache

Thank you for all your work. I was charged with fixing a bootlooped kindle for a kid. After research it looked like a fastboot cable was needed. Just got it today. I just spent several hours in google purgatory. I was certain I had a Kindle HD 7''. I finally figured out i was given a Kindle HD 7'' 2013 KFSOWI .. very few post mention this as its a far more recent model than I realized. in case it helps people find this you will know if you get to the point of running fastboot you will know as "getvar product" will return "soho-pvt-prod-07" instead of "tate-xxx-xxxx-xx". also there is no camera and angled back edges.

I was trying KFHD SRT with no luck (many times) .. it did get me from bootloop to red screen!! I was pretty discouraged when I realized I had a different model. I then followed the trail of the largely dead Kindlesuite to this tool.

I installed it and it got me booted to linux! i was finally on the right track! however I got stuck trying to install google nexus adb drivers. finally i clicked on the fantastic help link in the tool and followed the usb install instructions and tried again. it actually installed everything! i had tried 11.4.x .. however i got back to the kindlefire strobing logo which was the problem at the start. pushing aside my mounting sadness I tried again and installed 11.3 and chose to wipe the user data as well. success! kindle screen. its currently charging from the 6% i was running at to 30% so i can try to upgrade it to the lastest stock release and then give it back to a hopefully thankful kid. thanks to everyone who put what is clearly a ton of work into this tool. its awesome. hopefully this may help someone else who gets stuck. mostly keep trying as long as the kindle turns on there is hope.

Hey, thank you for the kind words! :)