{Rom}[32b]Eclair Hero Droid 2.1 V.3.1 12/9/09

Search This thread

the1gladiator

Nov 3, 2009
you guys are sick. I just installed AOSP 17 and then I see this. being a Hero Rom Fan i had to try this even tho sync isn't operational and who cares. this thing loads almost as fast as your optimized Droid Rom which was a RIDICULOUSLY sick optimized build.

Now to think, thanx to you guys the light is before us. Google Nav on a Hero Rom.....Santa don't even need to stop at my house once i can run this rom fully

-------

mrbumpz

Aug 9, 2009
I did a full wide and repartition, then flashed but im getting alot of FC issues when texting. I changed swap to 90 when i flashed the partitions.. Should I have upgrade to ext3/4 ?

jroid

Jan 8, 2009
to be honest it didn't exceed my expectations as far as feature wise..doesn't seem any different to any other hero rom out except that its eclair and has a few eclair stuff. speed is actually pretty fast w/o optimization, a2sd,swap, compache, etc. not taking away from the hard work of eugene's team i'm just talkin about the rom itself. looks the same to me.. back to aosp :)

jamizzal

Sep 29, 2007
NWK
EUGENE !!!! omg how do you do it so fast man, i was just drooling over the eclair release and now HERO+ECLAIR ???? omg its an overload yu are on fire right now and killing the rom game with the quality of your work right now :D omg cant wait to flash the next release.

the1gladiator

Nov 3, 2009
mrbumpz, remember this rom is not even close to being optimized. i mean really, first screen shots of Hero on 2.1 just showed up over the weekend. I mean the Rom doesn't have all the widgets yet, so you may experience some FC issues until fully optimized and tweaked. This is still good news. HERO on 2.1 is no longer just "screen shots" and rumors, its here. Need any more be said?

Hiretto, its quick just from what Drizzy and Eugene released as a first dump. Is it quite as fast as Cyanogens 4.xx, No, but then again the Hero Framework doesn't allow for that type of speed. Is it AS fast as a stock Rom, in my opinion yes. Will it get faster with tweaking and optimization now that the Rom is out and can be worked on, YES

------

doubleokneegro

Jul 29, 2008
Philadelphia
im liking this collabo effort you have going on here.... instead of multiple competing roms, (some dont mean to compete), but seems like a good bunch of devs are coming together and putting in their input for these quickly produced roms

GOOD JOB, thans-for-giving

mrbumpz

Aug 9, 2009
mrbumpz, remember this rom is not even close to being optimized. i mean really, first screen shots of Hero on 2.1 just showed up over the weekend. I mean the Rom doesn't have all the widgets yet, so you may experience some FC issues until fully optimized and tweaked. This is still good news. HERO on 2.1 is no longer just "screen shots" and rumors, its here. Need any more be said?

the1gladiator--- GIve me some credit here, I didnt say its slow or it sucked. I stated on a DEV site that when I performed the update and listed how i performed the Update, I am receiving an abnormal ammount of FC when texting. I didnt see it listed on here so was wondering if it was due to how i Installed. Im on a Class 6 card as well

phungshum

Dec 2, 2007
Just a couple of questions:
Does BT work since its part eclair?
How about the camera and auto-rotate?

thanks!

the1gladiator

Nov 3, 2009
mr. bumpz, no offense meant brotha..i'm just like a kid in a candy store...Hero Rom on Eclair, thats a sweet combo :D

citizen-erased

Jan 30, 2009
Deathstar
help

I'm currently on cyans ... 4.2.6 ...

What do I need this to run it ?
Swap partitions exts. Etc etc ?

And the link is not working can u upload it sum where else plzzz
I'm via my fone

mrbumpz

Aug 9, 2009
lol same here, I think alot of our dream roms.. I jsut didnt want anyone to think I was trying ot be disrespectful and I was curious about how others who have ad less issues installed it.. I didnt convert to EXT3. I did a 90 swap but it was super FC.. I know thats gotta be just me

david636

Jun 29, 2007
NYC
lol same here, I think alot of our dream roms.. I jsut didnt want anyone to think I was trying ot be disrespectful and I was curious about how others who have ad less issues installed it.. I didnt convert to EXT3. I did a 90 swap but it was super FC.. I know thats gotta be just me

I just flashed it on a unpartitioned 1 gig sd card. Smoot as silk. I think the swap is set to its proper settings by default. no force closes what so eva. :) Nice Job Guys.. Drizzy Eugene, Barak and everyone else.

You rock!

the1gladiator

Nov 3, 2009
phungshum, i haven't tried bluetooth yet. I know Auto-Rotate doesn't and there is not yet a camera package loaded yet. this is new new new...it will be there shortly i'm sure..