Meego on HTC HD2!!!

Search This thread

zarathustrax

Aug 29, 2007
SouthSide of Chicago
Whats so great about this OS? ... I've been using Android for awhile now...

it's a full-fledged linux distro, unlike android, and it's designed for mobile phones, which will make it more usable for our phones than ubuntu. It has a lot of major companies like intel and nokia putting a lot of money and time into developing it. Not many phones run it now, but there will be a lot of high end phones running it in the future. I can see it becoming a lot more popular with developers and the phone modding community in the coming years. I'm definitely looking forward for meego phones coming out and hope to see meego running well on our hd2s....though it will probably be a while before they get the graphics driver situation solved on the hd2 port, so it will be very sluggish until they solve that.
Why question more OS choices for the HD2? The greatest thing about the HD2 is that it can run many os's because of the great development community we have.

Reactions: pathaniya and DJTJ

bits1bytes2

May 7, 2010
Denver
From the video it looks like a kids OS, which would be great. I would like to be able to give my kids a mobile phone that they can't mess up too much but that they can still use as a media player/recorder, calendar, gps, and of course as a phone.

I really hope that it does get developed into a great OS, the more choices the better in my opinion.

Sohip

May 23, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I don't know if u guys know already or not, but Meego 1.2 have been released for netbooks/notebooks yesterday, while Meego for smartphones will be released on May 24th a.k.a. next week during the Meego conference :eek:

Reactions: domenukk

dirtylarry10

Dec 20, 2010
lololol......wow.....a 400.00 dollar phone running a 5.00 OS.....omg...I hope they are just kidding with this.....although it is nicer looking than wph7...lololol.....please dont bash me...to each its own...lol.....Dirty

Reactions: TheGeorgiaSwagger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whats so great about this OS? ... I've been using Android for awhile now...

it's a full-fledged linux distro, unlike android, and it's designed for mobile phones, which will make it more usable for our phones than ubuntu. It has a lot of major companies like intel and nokia putting a lot of money and time into developing it. Not many phones run it now, but there will be a lot of high end phones running it in the future. I can see it becoming a lot more popular with developers and the phone modding community in the coming years. I'm definitely looking forward for meego phones coming out and hope to see meego running well on our hd2s....though it will probably be a while before they get the graphics driver situation solved on the hd2 port, so it will be very sluggish until they solve that.
    Why question more OS choices for the HD2? The greatest thing about the HD2 is that it can run many os's because of the great development community we have.
    We need to make a petition to DFT put meego in our HD2.:D
    Having looked at Jolla's new SailFish OS based on Mer core which originated from MeegoCE, there is every possibility of porting the new OS to the HD2.
    I don't know if u guys know already or not, but Meego 1.2 have been released for netbooks/notebooks yesterday, while Meego for smartphones will be released on May 24th a.k.a. next week during the Meego conference :eek:
    lololol......wow.....a 400.00 dollar phone running a 5.00 OS.....omg...I hope they are just kidding with this.....although it is nicer looking than wph7...lololol.....please dont bash me...to each its own...lol.....Dirty