[Q] Blinkfeed Questions, Issues & Solutions

Search This thread

don_24_7

Mar 17, 2009
After resetting my phone I now have Tips & Help tiles in my blinkfeed and I can't get rid of them. I've now tried to unsubscribe from all feeds and yet it's still there. Any suggestions?

don_24_7

Mar 17, 2009
I thought the tips and help tiles were there from not subscribing to anything?

The tiles will always be there, just because you unsubscribe doesn't make them disappear, it's a built in widget.

I just don't want tips & help tiles in my blinkfeed. I don't believe they were there before I reset my phone because prior to that when I unsubscribed from all the feeds the screen was virtually blank. But the problem is now whether I subscribe to zero or as many feeds as I can, there are still always some tips & help tiles within my blinkfeed and I can't get rid of them. Currently I san see two 2 Get started tiles.

Last edited:

craftycarper1

Feb 1, 2011
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You can't get rid of it, i have just unsubscribed from all feeds an i have 1 big tile left with nothing on it, like i said it's an embedded widget which is always there for now......until devs get around it and give us the option to remove it completely via custom roms.

don_24_7

Mar 17, 2009
You can't get rid of it, i have just unsubscribed from all feeds an i have 1 big tile left with nothing on it, like i said it's an embedded widget which is always there for now......until devs get around it and give us the option to remove it completely via custom roms.

Yes, what you can see ("1 big tile left with nothing on it") is what I saw before I reset my phone. Now I have 1 big Get started tile.. actually 2 (a small and a medium). Hmmm

scut

Feb 19, 2007
I got rid of tips by deleting them in tips and info app and stopped them syncing.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

don_24_7

Mar 17, 2009
I got rid of tips by deleting them in tips and info app and stopped them syncing.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

I did try that that before. In fact I tried to delete the entire app (which can't be done - at least I couldn't). I presume that for some that may be part of the solution but that alone didn't not work for me as mine stubbornly did not move.

I called HTC about the matter and now although the 2 remaining tiles are still present, they have been relegated to the bottom of the blinkfeed so it's not much of an issue anymore. Hopefully they will eventually slip of the edge and be gone forever with further refreshes in the feed content - maybe. Below is an extract of the email response from HTC.

----------
Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your HTC One.
As discussed on the phone I would like to get back to you regarding the Blinkfeed and Zoe issue on your handset.

We just tested a HTC One here and at first could not update the Blinkfeed either. Then we restored it to factory settings and after that we could update Blinkfeed again.

When you can update Blinkfeed you will see that if you add interest to Blinkfeed the tile 'get the latest news that matters to you' will be moved further down, and will no longer be visable on the homescreen (unless you scroll down).

Last edited:

coelhooliveirar

Jul 3, 2012
Brussels
Hey people. I know it is not a topic for doubts but I could not understand how the BlinkFeed manages 2 or more RSS custom feeds.
I had the impression that it does not mix all the feeds so I have to slide the screen to the left and tap the other feeds to check all of them.
Should it be like that? I look for a interface that works like the dead Google Reader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So if you get started, then unsubscribe from everything you should be left with 1 tile.........Rooting and Rom'ing is the way forward when devs figure it out, people are already workig on it.