[MOD][S-OFF] SIM Unlock Your HTC Amaze!

Search This thread

electronicrice

Apr 18, 2007
Chandler, AZ
Hello guys,

Here is a method (confirmed working by Binary) to SIM Unlock your HTC Amaze for other SIM cards for use on other GSM networks.

Before we begin I wish to inform you that I did not create this tool. It is the property of sieempi.

You MUST be S-OFF for this to work.
Usual disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone. Use this mod at your own risk.

Instructions:

1) Go to this site: http://www.sieempi.eu/blog/2011/09/22/universal-sim-unlock-for-s-offed-htc-devices-536

2) You'll notice that the HTC Amaze is not listed in the supported devices, but the process does work.

3) Supply a valid IMEI and email address on the form on that page and where it says "Phone Type" put HTC Amaze 4G, and they will email you a Config.Dat file to put on the root of your external SD card.

4) Reboot into bootloader, select "SIMLock" and it'll apply the config file.

5) Follow the instructions on the phone and reboot when it tells you to. If you get an "OpenCID File Fail" error, this is normal, proceed anyway!

6) Once you've rebooted, your Amaze should be fully SIM Unlocked!

7) Put in a foreign SIM card and test it out

8) For data to work, you will need to configure that network's APN settings. Use this thread (thanks hasoon2000) for APN settings for the specific carrier: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1428457

If you have any questions, please refer to the linked site as I will be limited in how I can help since I am not the original creator of the tool.

Credits:
Adrian Campeanu (sieempi) - for the tool, because you know, it's his intellectual property and stuff
Binary - for sharing the site that has the tool and for risking his device to make sure it works (THANKS!!! )
Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1272080

PS. I encourage donations to the tool maker who actually created this tool. You can find his donation button on the linked unlocking site.

Last edited:

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
I've decided to re-open this thread. I'm doing so, with the understanding that rules will be followed, and that there won't be any flaming, disruptive behavior, or nonsense. If for any reason, it starts up again, I will not hesitate to close and delete this thread.

With that said, have fun everybody, and behave yourselves! :)

~Danny

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"if you choose not to not to decide, you still have made a choice" ~N.P. Rush

Courtesy of my Galaxy Note (i717) using XDA Premiero!

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
Hi-ho and welcome back! =]

kimmel_kermit_big_smile.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PeartFan40

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
Welcome back, Eric. ;)

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
i thought the whole thing about sharing was giving your sources as where to the OP actually found out this unlock method aswell ;) :rolleyes:

Enough of this. I made my decision. If this disruptive behavior continues, I'm going to start issuing infractions. Enough is enough already.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Enough of this. I made my decision. If this disruptive behavior continues, I'm going to start issuing infractions. Enough is enough already.

You mean like the infraction that you gave me for reporting the thread? :rolleyes:

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
You mean like the infraction that you gave me for reporting the thread? :rolleyes:

No, Binary. You received the infraction because you continued to create RP's after I made my decision. I also PM''d you requesting the RP's stop. I received a total of 14 rp's from you AFTER I made my decision. Stop bringing drama to the forums. This is your last warning.

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
I did it but i have a question, after you click SimLock, is it supposed to say "Open CID File Fail"?

Yes that is just fine. As long as your phone reboots and says sucess you are fine.

Taken from sim unlock site:

#44 written by Adrian Campeanu 7 months ago .Don’t mind the cid file error, if you were s-offed you’re unlocked

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskyHamburger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Here is a method (confirmed working by Binary) to SIM Unlock your HTC Amaze for other SIM cards for use on other GSM networks.

Before we begin I wish to inform you that I did not create this tool. It is the property of sieempi.

You MUST be S-OFF for this to work.
    Usual disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone. Use this mod at your own risk.

Instructions:

1) Go to this site: http://www.sieempi.eu/blog/2011/09/22/universal-sim-unlock-for-s-offed-htc-devices-536

2) You'll notice that the HTC Amaze is not listed in the supported devices, but the process does work.

3) Supply a valid IMEI and email address on the form on that page and where it says "Phone Type" put HTC Amaze 4G, and they will email you a Config.Dat file to put on the root of your external SD card.

4) Reboot into bootloader, select "SIMLock" and it'll apply the config file.

5) Follow the instructions on the phone and reboot when it tells you to. If you get an "OpenCID File Fail" error, this is normal, proceed anyway!

6) Once you've rebooted, your Amaze should be fully SIM Unlocked!

7) Put in a foreign SIM card and test it out

8) For data to work, you will need to configure that network's APN settings. Use this thread (thanks hasoon2000) for APN settings for the specific carrier: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1428457

If you have any questions, please refer to the linked site as I will be limited in how I can help since I am not the original creator of the tool.

Credits:
    Adrian Campeanu (sieempi) - for the tool, because you know, it's his intellectual property and stuff
    Binary - for sharing the site that has the tool and for risking his device to make sure it works (THANKS!!! )
    Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1272080

PS. I encourage donations to the tool maker who actually created this tool. You can find his donation button on the linked unlocking site.
    I've decided to re-open this thread. I'm doing so, with the understanding that rules will be followed, and that there won't be any flaming, disruptive behavior, or nonsense. If for any reason, it starts up again, I will not hesitate to close and delete this thread.

With that said, have fun everybody, and behave yourselves! :)

~Danny

Alright, so anyone who's SIM unlocked their phone so far, report your feedback please. I don't have a foreign SIM that activated to test it out.
    Mr. Campeanu's SIM unlock worked successfully for me. Just purchased a used HTC Amaze, and was almost going to pay for an unlock code until I luckily found this thread.

My Amaze was locked to Wind Mobile. I'm a Mobilicity customer, so I just popped in my Mobilicity SIM card for the unlocking. Unlocked perfectly, everything is working fine.

A tip to Amaze owners unlocking, seems to me placing the config file on an external microSD card is required. I tried using the internal memory storage but the file wasn't being detected in the bootloader.

Hats off to Mr. Campeanu, keep up the great work!
    Bump. :D

"if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" ~N.P. Rush

Brought to you courtesy of my Galaxy Note (i717), using XDA Premiero!