Good or bad

Search This thread

kvillafana

Jun 29, 2014
I'm new to the whole good phone game. And wanted to hear other opinions on what people think about the GS3 for long term use I just got mine and I don't want to feel that I made a bad choice and will or phones get Android L?

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
I'm new to the whole good phone game. And wanted to hear other opinions on what people think about the GS3 for long term use I just got mine and I don't want to feel that I made a bad choice and will or phones get Android L?
I'll say its a pretty good phone depending on how much you forked over for it....as for L I can't confirm it will come officially or not as that will be up to Samsung to say or release...which right now there is no confirmation... Though I can say there will be custom Roms based on L I'm sure...I know I plan on building it

JoHnNYBlaZE716

Dec 31, 2013
Buffalo
I've had the s3 for over a year now and mines still running smoothly. I have no complaints whatsoever. As far as L is concerned there hasn't been no announcement to the s3 getting it but as reventech stated I'm sure there will be custom builds

IMG_20140615_114712_zpsf390205f.jpg

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
I've had my s3 since they were introduced, still using it to this day. Of course, I've never had the KNOX boot loader either. One of my favorite phones to date. Waiting on the G3, because any new Samsung is gonna have KNOX, I can handle it, just don't want to have a KNOX booboo because I totally forgot that I had it.

Reactions: Jordan_River

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I already really liked my S3 on 4.3 and on 4.4.2 I'm really loving it.

4.4.2 is supposed to be the last official stock update for our phones but you just never know until the time gets here. And as we mentioned, of course there will always be AOSP / CM / etc versions of Android L.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Jordan_River

Apr 20, 2010
San Angelo

I love the s3 and I would say it is one of the best phones to root. It's still got great technology and hardware, but without some of the hassle and hoops you gotta jump through with newer phones. Plus there's a crap ton of mods that are still being updated and supported. Not to mention the fact that it's old enough to feel like a hacker when rooting/modding but not too hard that a noob can't do it.

Ambiguous signature with techie jargon and hyperlinks.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These responses make me very happy
    I've had my s3 since they were introduced, still using it to this day. Of course, I've never had the KNOX boot loader either. One of my favorite phones to date. Waiting on the G3, because any new Samsung is gonna have KNOX, I can handle it, just don't want to have a KNOX booboo because I totally forgot that I had it.

I love the s3 and I would say it is one of the best phones to root. It's still got great technology and hardware, but without some of the hassle and hoops you gotta jump through with newer phones. Plus there's a crap ton of mods that are still being updated and supported. Not to mention the fact that it's old enough to feel like a hacker when rooting/modding but not too hard that a noob can't do it.

Ambiguous signature with techie jargon and hyperlinks.