[KitKat 4.4 Update] Nexus 10 won't Get Translucent Navigation and Notification Bars!

Search This thread

Indiwiz

hold on ... I have been here longer than you but..see where its going..
its normally useless to brag or put-down others over
duration(Ist post) or devices(2nd post)..just give a decent reply or you can do one.

back to your whatever you'r doing both of you...:cool:
(sorry could not help myself :laugh:)

What do you mean? I wasn't bragging or putting him down, I just figured he was kind of new because PA is a very popular ROM. I would think he had heard of it, especially using multiple nexus devices.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

theserpent

Oct 19, 2012
Mangalore
every f*cking device i get i get screwed over, my first phone Galaxy S plus got dropped about 6months after i bought it a week into release, i then got htc one S that got dropped 12months after release and now the f*cking nexus 10 is being **** on because they have a new device coming out, i thought this kitkat was supposed to be tuned for lesser spec'ed devices ? So far all they have done is made excuses that it runs sh*t on high end hardware. The poor Galaxy Nexus has also been dumped.........what are google playing at!!!!!

Bro same here :(
I asked my uncle to get nexus 10 over 7,thinking nexus 10 will have amazing development but thanks to crapsungs crap CPU we have one of the sadest development of all nexus devices,And now my Xperia L also has sad development :/

Reactions: XoReP and BackDaws

Indiwiz

+1 to the poor development of the N10. The reason I got this over an iPad is because of how great I figured the dev for nexus devices were. Its a shame that the N4, N7 , and even the GN (I believe) had 4.4 builds very quickly, and from what I've heard run pretty decently. What sucks for me is that I have a Note II, so development for that sucks also. I don't see how anyone here on XDA owns any type of Samsung devices whether Nexus or not. I know I won't be buying anymore .

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

masseselsev

Aug 18, 2010
Zhukovskiy
Ok, they [google] also say that 4.4 is not going to run on gnex. Not true, as it can be seen on gnex dev forums. I think it is crappy google's device related politics to blame...

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Ok, they [google] also say that 4.4 is not going to run on gnex. Not true, as it can be seen on gnex dev forums. I think it is crappy google's device related politics to blame...

It actually has something to do with the company that made the chip for it leaving the market or something like that I read something about it

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

masseselsev

Aug 18, 2010
Zhukovskiy
It actually has something to do with the company that made the chip for it leaving the market or something like that I read something about it

If it is so, than why all the new roms have got a shot on HTC HD2? It's not the supplier, its the developers who are responsible for all the screw-ups...

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
If it is so, than why all the new roms have got a shot on HTC HD2? It's not the supplier, its the developers who are responsible for all the screw-ups...

I'm saying why Google didn't make it official is because ot that. But I'm not sure myself that's just what I saw posted on the forums

chaosdefinesorder

Sep 16, 2007
Cambridge

Google said that they would not be making a 4.4 update for Galaxy Nexus because it fell outside their 18 month support window.

Most device companies have this policy. Devices older than a certain timeframe are declared "EOL" (end of life) and support and updates cease.

This does not mean 4.4 cannot run on the Gnex, just that Google themselves are not planing to make the update themselves. This might change with the petition, but it also might not...

lordscipio

Dec 14, 2010
Google said that they would not be making a 4.4 update for Galaxy Nexus because it fell outside their 18 month support window.

Most device companies have this policy. Devices older than a certain timeframe are declared "EOL" (end of life) and support and updates cease.

This does not mean 4.4 cannot run on the Gnex, just that Google themselves are not planing to make the update themselves. This might change with the petition, but it also might not...

4.4 has major issues in Gnex. The GPU from Texas Instruments has been abandoned by TI and has no support. As such, even though there are roms out there, they all have serious rendering issues with black squares covering the screen, "snow" when rotating devices and constant reboots from the GPU issues. Hopefully some smart devs can figure it out but that seems like a tough road ahead

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
4.4 has major issues in Gnex. The GPU from Texas Instruments has been abandoned by TI and has no support. As such, even though there are roms out there, they all have serious rendering issues with black squares covering the screen, "snow" when rotating devices and constant reboots from the GPU issues. Hopefully some smart devs can figure it out but that seems like a tough road ahead
Linaro still supports it, so I'm sure they'll figure something out, although, it looks like many of their fixes (such as WiFi) are pulled straight from XDA.

JosephRaphael

Nov 2, 2013
NJ
Nexus 10 OTA 4.4

Official Android 4.4 KitKat OTA update to Nexus 10 confirms that Translucent Bars is not there (disabled). Sadly the 4.4.1 update will be the same too. Rooting is required to enable the "TranslucentDecor" on the Nexus 10... Other devices (e.g. Nexus 7) can simply use a custom launcher to enable this feature.

Enjoy the update.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
IF we use the method posted on android central to manually update does it wipe data? Im already on stock so I can get the ota but I havent gotten it yet and really dont wanna wait so will that work like an ota. Link below

ht tp://w ww.androidcentral.com/how-manually-update-your-nexus-tablet-kitkat

Last edited:

der187

Nov 5, 2010
IF we use the method posted on android central to manually update does it wipe data? Im already on stock so I can get the ota but I havent gotten it yet and really dont wanna wait so will that work like an ota. Link below

ht tp://w ww.androidcentral.com/how-manually-update-your-nexus-tablet-kitkat

It does not wipe data.

Reactions: abdel12345

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sadly, Google Nexus 10 will not get the Translucent Navigation and Notification Bars with the Android 4.4.1 KitKat update, which allow the wallpaper to go full screen from top to bottom like in the Nexus 5.

Google devs Disabled the Translucent bars on Nexus 10 (Manta) because it "performs poorly on this device"... 2GB Ram and a powerful Quad-core Mali TS04 GPU and it performs poorly ?! May be because of the High-res display, I personally think it's a GPU issue.

I know not everyone cares about a the "Translucent bar" issue that can easily be reverted, but what I am trying to find out is a reasonable explanation from Google regarding this matter.

Manta source code includes the following code listed on [config.xml] which contains the device configurations, Screenshot below too.

Code:
     <!-- Translucent status & navigation bars perform poorly on this device -->
    <bool name="config_enableTranslucentDecor">false</bool>

* Update [5-Nov]: I have contacted Google and currently awaiting a response, Hopefully I will get one...

* Google Reply [8-Nov]: Google's reply was a little disappointing but at least they promised to tell the users if they will "remove" any feature from the update, which is good. Here is the email:

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for contacting Google, I'd be happy to help you out with your question on the KitKat update. I'll do my best to provide you with a solution.

Unfortunately, at this point in time, we can only provide information for updates that are supported by your device right now. Google will let all of their customers about what the new update includes. You will not be left in the dark on what Google added/removed from the update.

Regards,

The Google Team

Latest KitKat 4.4 build for Nexus 10 is (KRT16S)
    “Sorry guys, your high end device just can't support what is essentially an extremely minor change. Don't worry, there's good news: you can throw down another $500 on the new nexus 10 when it comes out. We promise to fully support it.“

[sent from my nexus 10]
    Miss JBQ...

Sent from my Nexus 4
    every f*cking device i get i get screwed over, my first phone Galaxy S plus got dropped about 6months after i bought it a week into release, i then got htc one S that got dropped 12months after release and now the f*cking nexus 10 is being **** on because they have a new device coming out, i thought this kitkat was supposed to be tuned for lesser spec'ed devices ? So far all they have done is made excuses that it runs sh*t on high end hardware. The poor Galaxy Nexus has also been dumped.........what are google playing at!!!!!

Bro same here :(
    I asked my uncle to get nexus 10 over 7,thinking nexus 10 will have amazing development but thanks to crapsungs crap CPU we have one of the sadest development of all nexus devices,And now my Xperia L also has sad development :/