4.3 update OTA 2.12.401.1

Search This thread

aydahm

Jun 9, 2010
Istanbul
First make ur device s-off and change cid to supercid (11111111). Then install a custom recovery (do not root it device, leave it unrooted). Restore it device with an nandroid backup (wwe stock deoxed is somewhere here). Boot and u should get a update notification for android 4.3. Download but don't install it. Open the ota and grab the recovery. Flash it via fastboot and boot device again. Now check for updates and let the device install it. Here u go :) fresh and complete stock android 4.3 :) that's how it works for me. Bootloader was unlocked while I did this. And u will get future updates too :)

P.s.: I rooted it after the update and I also can confirm that sense toolbox of adhr Rom is working fine too :)

thank you for the explanation! just to confirm; it works with Deodex too? I thought only Odex would work...

theodorius123

Aug 26, 2010
Someone from Germany here with unbranded mini and also still waiting for the OTA?

I saw one guy in this thread that got the OTA, so I'm a bit confused :(

how to install a custom recovery? haven't done this stuff in a while.

go to fastboot (long press vol-down at powering on the phone)
connect your phone to PC
have ADB installed and working (!!!)

open a command prompt window on your PC and change to your ADB-folder

type
fastboot flash recovery path/to/recovery.img

Last edited:

MirageBlader

May 9, 2012
Munich
Someone from Germany here with unbranded mini and also still waiting for the OTA?

I saw one guy in this thread that got the OTA, so I'm a bit confused :/

Yeah thats me :D but I have s-off + supercid and got the update. If I change my cid to HTC__405 or something I don't get the ota :/

I will upload later the backup I used and a nandroid of my phone so u guys can do it exactly like I did it and it will work :) I just have to work now xD

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mini mit Tapatalk 4

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
First make ur device s-off and change cid to supercid (11111111). Then install a custom recovery (do not root it device, leave it unrooted). Restore it device with an nandroid backup (wwe stock deoxed is somewhere here). Boot and u should get a update notification for android 4.3. Download but don't install it. Open the ota and grab the recovery. Flash it via fastboot and boot device again. Now check for updates and let the device install it. Here u go :) fresh and complete stock android 4.3 :) that's how it works for me. Bootloader was unlocked while I did this. And u will get future updates too :)

P.s.: I rooted it after the update and I also can confirm that sense toolbox of adhr Rom is working fine too :)

I'm very interested to know how you managed to do all of this with S-OFF and bootloader UNLOCKED? I haven't seen anyone able to avoid the bootloop issue with the bootloader unlocked...... How did you S-OFF without root?
Thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Yeah thats me :D but I have s-off + supercid and got the update. If I change my cid to HTC__405 or something I don't get the ota :/

I will upload later the backup I used and a nandroid of my phone so u guys can do it exactly like I did it and it will work :) I just have to work now xD

Can you provide a full system dump please? It would be very much appreciated....

:)

jenkins-84

Aug 27, 2012
Lancashire
Yeah I need a system.img dump similar to the 1.40 update then i can build the Rom from the system.img file cheers soon has it's provided sooner I can get the 4.3 to all

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

MirageBlader

May 9, 2012
Munich
Yea i upload it later when i arrived Home :)

I will also make a Full guide how i did it

For s-off u will have to flash a rooted Rom with a custom kernel. I used revone for s-off. After that u can restore the system with a stock backup to receive OTAs.

Yeah with s-off u don't need a relocked bootloader to flash or restore stuff :)

Last edited:
Reactions: htc.one.mini

tbwshaun

Nov 28, 2013
Tunbridge Wells
hey hope help im interested in getting the 4.3 update with sense 5.5 how do i go about doing this my bootloader is s-off and locked i can unlock again if need be can you possibly help me thanks

Aciz

Nov 21, 2013
Coming from International One Mini with S-OFF, TWRP, Stock Rooted DeOdex 1.22.401.1 with jmz kernel, how do I install this? Can someone write like a step-by-step guide?

tbwshaun

Nov 28, 2013
Tunbridge Wells
Coming from International One Mini with S-OFF, TWRP, Stock Rooted DeOdex 1.22.401.1 with jmz kernel, how do I install this? Can someone write like a step-by-step guide?

would help me out as well just flashed Tr1gg3r84M4StockRootedDeOdex-WWE-1.40.401.1 with the boot.img in zip how do i update to 4.3 sense 5.5!

thanks in advance

shaun

aydahm

Jun 9, 2010
Istanbul
Yea i upload it later when i arrived Home :)

I will also make a Full guide how i did it

For s-off u will have to flash a rooted Rom with a custom kernel. I used revone for s-off. After that u can restore the system with a stock backup to receive OTAs.

Yeah with s-off u don't need a relocked bootloader to flash or restore stuff :)

can you also upload the OTA file? thanks...

tbwshaun

Nov 28, 2013
Tunbridge Wells
Did u received the ota? Extract the recovery.img and flash it. Then just let it install and it should work. U need unrooted Rom and stock recovery :)

well i think my rom is rooted i dont know lol how do i find out and also where do i find the stock recovery im using teamwin atm

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

ive got this link to download stock recovery http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760975668

not sure if that is the stock recovery i need and do you flash it thru fast boot again like you do twrp?

MirageBlader

May 9, 2012
Munich
Install an app wich need root like es explorer and navigate to the root directory. If u can access it then u have root. And inside the OTA u have a firmware.zip, open it with winrar and and u will find the recovery.img

tbwshaun

Nov 28, 2013
Tunbridge Wells
Install an app wich need root like es explorer and navigate to the root directory. If u can access it then u have root. And inside the OTA u have a firmware.zip, open it with winrar and and u will find the recovery.img

ok im dowloading the ota now then i will extract the zip and flash the recovery.img yer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

Hungarian T-mobile users are receiving the 4.3 update now. :)
    FW version: 2.12.401.1 (631.7MB)
    Android version 4.3 with Sense 5.5
    1275002-20131212-WpHp9E.jpg

Update zip name: OTA_M4_UL_JB43_SENSE55_MR_HTC_Europe_2.12.401.1-1.32.401.2_release_342200vz5jcl35ysxswchv.zip

You can download the update zip from here.

MD5: 15ef5b976f3c204cba728e41e085903b
    SHA1: 47c0459e2af177c35d6f075ff744eaa5005f734d

System dump
    MD5: a3003e2cb18d5c3c0ac1a57722179014
    SHA1: 0bc599d738d8d3522d76055bad89aab4730dc149

Sorry tr1gg3r84 if I give you extra work. :p
    hey tr1gg3r84, not to rush you rush you or anything but are you preparing a flashable stock 4.3 rom? if so I will wait rather than starting the process with the stock 1.22 rom...

Yeah will be making two versions of stock 4.3 will be ready tomorrow

I saw one guy in this thread that got the OTA, so I'm a bit confused :/

@ tr1gg3r84

You got a PM :)