[Q] Failed OTA update, where do I go from here

Search This thread

Jerseyman

Aug 22, 2007
Please forgive the baby questions from an Android Newbie.

I used the phone to check for software updates, one was available - I believe from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2, I selected install the update, and now I just get a flashing android symbol.

I have tried to connect to Kies to do a recovery, but I cannot connect,afater a long "trying to connect" I am getting the message "device unresponsive please reboot", I have updated to the latest version of Kies, tried different cables and different ports.

I can reboot the phone into download mode but do not see any of the other options that are supposed to be available. Kies does not connect in either download or flashing Android symbol mode

Suggestions as to where I go from here are welcome.

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
Please forgive the baby questions from an Android Newbie.

I used the phone to check for software updates, one was available - I believe from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2, I selected install the update, and now I just get a flashing android symbol.

I have tried to connect to Kies to do a recovery, but I cannot connect,afater a long "trying to connect" I am getting the message "device unresponsive please reboot", I have updated to the latest version of Kies, tried different cables and different ports.

I can reboot the phone into download mode but do not see any of the other options that are supposed to be available. Kies does not connect in either download or flashing Android symbol mode

Suggestions as to where I go from here are welcome.

Do a factory reset from recovery. Press vol up+home+power button
You're still safe if you still can see download mode.
If resetting doesn't help then download firmware from sammobile or from here http://www.officialrom.com/samsung/GT-N7000/ and flash through odin