[DEV][UPDATE] Backtrack 5 - Multi-Device Linux Chroot Solution - Debdroid Beta V2

Search This thread

dasmoover

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
Mods: I'm not sure where this thread belongs as it has evolved to support all Android Devices, please move accordingly.

Debdroid is a fully functional Linux-Android chroot solution. With the ability to set what img file is looped, you are able to run any distro built for ARM.

Update 05/14/11
Backtrack 5 Support!

Backtrack 5 on Android - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYShFr0foS8

Debdroid supports any Android device with loopback devices and ext2.
Succesfully tested on Motorola Atrix, HTC EVO, HTC Incredible.

Release Page: http://gititbit.ch/bt5

All mirrors are provided by gitbrew.org, check out http://gitbrew.org/android/ for more android mirrors. Please contact me if you would like free secure file-hosting.

Last edited:

Jimdog420

Oct 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Tight work.....finally something fun to play with.

Lol "open sores community" that can't be a typo..........lmao, if it was sorry..hehe

Swyped from a galaxy far far away......

mattrb

Jan 15, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I love sniffing. This means free wifi on my EVO from my EVO hacking abilities.

Here is a song for this hack.

They see me sniffin';
They hatin'.
Patrollin'
And tryin. to catch me sniffin dirty.
catch me sniffin dirty.

Last edited:

easy1600

May 12, 2010
It's good to finally see a dev who cares to do a project like this. I wish I had the time to contribute. Maybe after I'm done with univ and fail at trying to find a job I will. :D Thanks for all the hard work anyways.

easy1600

May 12, 2010
So I'm running CM7...
sh debian.sh seemed to complete just fine. (I even went step by step to confirm since there's a 'clear' in there).
but...
sh debdroid gives me:

# debdroid
function: not found
modprobe: chdir(2.6.37-cyanogenmod-01174-gaa3cf65): No such file or directory
debdroid: 47: Syntax error: "}" unexpected
#

I'm decent with linux but a noob with bash (or any coding). It seems like a function is missing (or I did something wrong).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

dasmoover

Nov 29, 2010
easy1600, from the way your output is, it looks like you're not in a bash shell, but just the su sh shell. exec the command bash then exec debdroid. Thank you for trying it out.

As for Gentoo, I've been using Debian for years and never messed about too much in other distros other than arch. Though if you can get an ARM Gentoo img this method can be tweaked to work with any ARM img really.

Update: Here's a WIP of the Debtop software which will allow basically the same functionality of the Motorola Atrix Webtop software.
debtop-alpha.jpg

This vnc session is all through USB with no interaction over the wlan though it has the ability to work with vnc over ssh tunnel.

Last edited:
Reactions: myn and easy1600

Aerodynamix

Oct 11, 2010
So I'm running CM7...
sh debian.sh seemed to complete just fine. (I even went step by step to confirm since there's a 'clear' in there).
but...
sh debdroid gives me:

# debdroid
function: not found
modprobe: chdir(2.6.37-cyanogenmod-01174-gaa3cf65): No such file or directory
debdroid: 47: Syntax error: "}" unexpected
#

I'm decent with linux but a noob with bash (or any coding). It seems like a function is missing (or I did something wrong).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Same exact problem here. =/

easy1600

May 12, 2010
Aerodynamix: Type 'bash' then try again.

OP: What is the simplest way to copy a .cap file from debian to anywhere I can access it from my laptop? If I can just get it to android /sdcard/ I'm golden. Or if I can just send it anywhere that I can reach it...

Last edited:

dasmoover

Nov 29, 2010
Well, you can utilize the unionfs script which is supposed to mount the sdcard and debdroid or you can open up a file manager on your phone like astro and nav to /data/local/debian while debdroid is running.

dasmoover

Nov 29, 2010
You should grab the BusyBox tools from the market if you haven't already, I'm almost positive it comes with bash.

grzzer2

Sep 29, 2007
Yes I just installed busybox from the market on my phone and still getting the "bash: not found"

easy1600

May 12, 2010
Well, you can utilize the unionfs script which is supposed to mount the sdcard and debdroid or you can open up a file manager on your phone like astro and nav to /data/local/debian while debdroid is running.

My /data/ directory is empty (debian is running). Unionft script doesn't seem to work at all.

I got it done by running /sbin/sshd and using winscp though. Thanks, I got lots to play with now! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mods: I'm not sure where this thread belongs as it has evolved to support all Android Devices, please move accordingly.

Debdroid is a fully functional Linux-Android chroot solution. With the ability to set what img file is looped, you are able to run any distro built for ARM.

Update 05/14/11
    Backtrack 5 Support!

Backtrack 5 on Android - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYShFr0foS8

Debdroid supports any Android device with loopback devices and ext2.
    Succesfully tested on Motorola Atrix, HTC EVO, HTC Incredible.

Release Page: http://gititbit.ch/bt5

All mirrors are provided by gitbrew.org, check out http://gitbrew.org/android/ for more android mirrors. Please contact me if you would like free secure file-hosting.

easy1600, from the way your output is, it looks like you're not in a bash shell, but just the su sh shell. exec the command bash then exec debdroid. Thank you for trying it out.

As for Gentoo, I've been using Debian for years and never messed about too much in other distros other than arch. Though if you can get an ARM Gentoo img this method can be tweaked to work with any ARM img really.

Update: Here's a WIP of the Debtop software which will allow basically the same functionality of the Motorola Atrix Webtop software.
    debtop-alpha.jpg

This vnc session is all through USB with no interaction over the wlan though it has the ability to work with vnc over ssh tunnel.
    sorry about the newbish ? what exactly is this for
    Try setting the display to :1
    Backtrack 5 support added.