[Q] Help! secure boot: image SOS checksum fail!

Search This thread

brain117

Jun 14, 2011
i try to upgrade my A500 but failed, when i tried to update it again I got this message in the upper left corner:

secure boot: image SOS checksum fail!

but if i turn it on normally, i can still i can run the machine and use it without any problem.

i thought something might went wrong with the boot.img, so i tried to push the boot.img, but got another message when i turn on the A500 as:

secure boot : image LNX checksum fail!

now i am totally lost, once i turn it on, it will show the LNX thing, if i tried to flash it, it will show the sos thing.

unfortunetely i did not back up my recovery.img.

who can help me on this? thanks in advance!

brain117

Jun 14, 2011
thank you so much!

but i did not record my UID, is there anyway out? or my A500 really become a brick now?

sc2k

Dec 24, 2010
Try if this still works:

TRY FIRST WITHOUT CONNECTING THE DEVICE VIA USB

2.c Windows (alternative method)

Download this tool (download link is nearly at the end of the page): http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

- Open the tool - Sort after VendorID - Check all devices with VendorID = 0502 and ProductID = 3325 . There is also a "Serial Number" column.

Reactions: t_r_j

brain117

Jun 14, 2011
i downloaded this software and open it quite well. it shows my A500 in the device name, there are 3 A500 devices under different descriptions.

i found the serial number column and read it. is this UID for my A500?

M..N

Jul 14, 2009
Did you have any luck in fixing the device.?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App

M..N

Jul 14, 2009
Awesome let me know how it goes if you can

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App

WishRyder

Feb 2, 2008
Waukee, IA
I had the exact same thing happen with my first Iconia while trying to get around the locked bootloader (in the early pre-recovery method days).

Acer was kind enough to offer to replace it for free under warranty if I shipped it to them, but best buy replaced it for me on the spot.

hitvan

Apr 13, 2010
I had the same prob
just download an update.zip put in ur sdcard and flash it by pressin volum down when u restart.
Gl.

WishRyder

Feb 2, 2008
Waukee, IA
I had the same prob
just download an update.zip put in ur sdcard and flash it by pressin volum down when u restart.
Gl.

"Image SOS" is a bricked recovery, so no update.zip can be flashed. You must be thinking of "Image LNX" which is just a soft brick and can be recovered with update.zip

One or the other at a given time is ok. Both is bad.

Last edited:

Alejandrissimo

Jan 12, 2011
unlock-bootloader.com
i try to upgrade my A500 but failed, when i tried to update it again I got this message in the upper left corner:

but if i turn it on normally, i can still i can run the machine and use it without any problem.

i thought something might went wrong with the boot.img, so i tried to push the boot.img, but got another message when i turn on the A500 as:

now i am totally lost, once i turn it on, it will show the LNX thing, if i tried to flash it, it will show the sos thing.

I has this two days ago, its easy to fix, please PM

Alejandrissimo

Jan 12, 2011
unlock-bootloader.com

In order to fix BOOT.img problems just flash an entire update.zip from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1113878

full firmware update.zip contains it own boot.img

this is how I fix this same problem

WishRyder

Feb 2, 2008
Waukee, IA
In order to fix BOOT.img problems just flash an entire update.zip from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1113878

full firmware update.zip contains it own boot.img

this is how I fix this same problem
Again, one of the op's problems is an image SOS checksum fail, which is a bad recovery image. No update.zip can be flashed without recovery.

I'm curious to see if recovery from bad SOS AND bad LNX is possible, since I couldn't get into adb, recovery, or the OS when both went bad on me. Any updates from the op?

jimbobtexas

May 10, 2010
Carrollton
Again, one of the op's problems is an image SOS checksum fail, which is a bad recovery image. No update.zip can be flashed without recovery.

I'm curious to see if recovery from bad SOS AND bad LNX is possible, since I couldn't get into adb, recovery, or the OS when both went bad on me. Any updates from the op?

I'd like to know, too. I'm sitting here with a dead Iconia. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I really hope u got your UID.

If so I can instruct you how to unbrick.

Please contact me via PM with your UID.
    Try if this still works:

TRY FIRST WITHOUT CONNECTING THE DEVICE VIA USB

2.c Windows (alternative method)

Download this tool (download link is nearly at the end of the page): http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

- Open the tool - Sort after VendorID - Check all devices with VendorID = 0502 and ProductID = 3325 . There is also a "Serial Number" column.
    Please PM me the value of the field. Should be a numer with 15-16 digits.