[Q] Help, power button not working

Search This thread

markjc12

May 17, 2011
Fairfield, Ca
So not only is my power button not working, Im stuck in the bootloader screen and cant reboot since the power button isn't working. So how can I reboot my phone to at least get it back to being a phone? I took the back part of the phone off to see if I remove the power button and manually press it would that work, no luck there. Any suggestions?

*******Ok so I think I fixed the problem, turns out the power button just need a little bit of help. so if I mess with it to turn off and on it's works. Thanks for the responses, glad to know that when needed, help is there and will be given******

Also, sounds like I might need to be moving on from this phone to the M8. New phone??? well alright!!!!!!

Last edited:
G

GuestK0087

So not only is my power button not working, Im stuck in the bootloader screen and cant reboot since the power button isn't working. So how can I reboot my phone to at least get it back to being a phone? I took the back part of the phone off to see if I remove the power button and manually press it would that work, no luck there. Any suggestions?

Are you familiar with fastboot? Connect to a PC and use fastboot reboot.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

markjc12

May 17, 2011
Fairfield, Ca
OK UPDATE!!!

So I held the power button down for a min or so and it shut down and rebooted. But the power button still doesn't work.

Yea I know, it doesn't make sense if the power button doesn't work how did it reboot when I held it down for a min? Im trying to wrap my brain around that one too. lol

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts