[Q] Can't factory restore or update phone due to Goomanager/Odin Mode

Search This thread

centrixed

May 7, 2014
Recently tried flashing a ROM on my verizon galaxy s4 with goo manager. It had gotten suck on the "downloading" screen while booting into recovery. I figured out how to get out of that and uninstalled goo manager. Now each time I try to factory reset or update, whenever the phone turns off to reset, it somehow boots into the Downloading/Odin mode and gets stuck... even though goomanager is long deleted. Any help would be fantastic.

swrght13

Dec 2, 2013
Tennessee
Recently tried flashing a ROM on my verizon galaxy s4 with goo manager. It had gotten suck on the "downloading" screen while booting into recovery. I figured out how to get out of that and uninstalled goo manager. Now each time I try to factory reset or update, whenever the phone turns off to reset, it somehow boots into the Downloading/Odin mode and gets stuck... even though goomanager is long deleted. Any help would be fantastic.

What build are you on?

spyder91

Mar 10, 2010

Do you know what ROM/baseband you were on prior to trying to flash a ROM? Were you rooted already, or did you try to install over stock? Are you familiar with Odin?

This may help depending on your answers to the above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL8XwuRYoWU&feature=youtu.be

Reactions: DrPhant0m

centrixed

May 7, 2014
What build are you on?

I am currently on 4.3 and I have MK2. I am trying to reset my phone to remove all the **** I did to it and I am planning on updating after the reset.

To answer the second question, I am very unfamiliar with flashing and modding phones. I did root it though. I just want to be able to reset it to factory without these interferences.

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014
I am currently on 4.3 and I have MK2. I am trying to reset my phone to remove all the **** I did to it and I am planning on updating after the reset.

To answer the second question, I am very unfamiliar with flashing and modding phones. I did root it though. I just want to be able to reset it to factory without these interferences.

Use the full wipe as shown in the youtube linked above.

Files and directions are here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209

Don't use goomanager on your S4 in the future, it only works on the original build.

Reactions: centrixed

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

you need to research before you attempt to do stuff......you can't use goomanger at all with your baseband. The only way to load any custom rom is thru safestrap and you are limited to safestrap compatible roms only.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do you know what ROM/baseband you were on prior to trying to flash a ROM? Were you rooted already, or did you try to install over stock? Are you familiar with Odin?

This may help depending on your answers to the above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL8XwuRYoWU&feature=youtu.be

Use the full wipe as shown in the youtube linked above.

Files and directions are here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209

Don't use goomanager on your S4 in the future, it only works on the original build.