HTC DUMLOCK - Flash boot from recovery without fastboot! (Updated 2012-02-28 v2)

Search This thread

gleggie

Jan 13, 2013
wait so i'm S-On and so if i install HTC dumlock I won't have to flash the boot.img every time I flash a rom?

Icedice34

Apr 19, 2012
So after I flash a rom i just reboot and i'll be fine? Or is there something specific that i have to do?

So I know this thread is all but dead, but I hope someone's still looking at it. I'm still s-on and use dumlock via TWRP. But from what I can tell, CWM is more reliable for 4.4 based roms. Will this work for CWM? Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Guess I should have read more. Sounds like it should work fine with any recovery. :banghead:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

JPHoller

Jun 7, 2011
Youngstown
TWRP boot loop

Hi, I was hoping that someone could help me, unsure what i did. I am S-On, and was running liquid smooth ROM utilizing Dumlock, all was well. I wanted to update to kitten kernel. I rebooted into TWRP, went through dumlock steps, rebooted phone, gave dumlock SU access, rebooted recovery, restored original boot, wiped cache, dalvik, and installed Kitten Kernel. I then selected reboot system. Instead of it rebooting system, it will go back into recovery, but the screen is unreadable (everything is skewed horizontally). I pulled battery, entered into TWRP successfully, and repeated the steps, this time not flashing kitten kernel, only the rom itself. Same thing. I successfully rebooted into TWRP again, ran the same steps and chose option to restore original back up. Same thing. I am at a loss. any help would be appreciated.

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
You will need fastboot access through a PC. Reflash your recovery with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"and clean flash your rom/fastboot flash matching boot.img. This time don't use dumlock for flashing Kitten as it it will autodetect and create a ph98img for you that allows flashing in hboot.

Reactions: JPHoller

JPHoller

Jun 7, 2011
Youngstown
You will need fastboot access through a PC. Reflash your recovery with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"and clean flash your rom/fastboot flash matching boot.img. This time don't use dumlock for flashing Kitten as it it will autodetect and create a ph98img for you that allows flashing in hboot.

This worked perfectly, thank you!!

Reactions: Snuzzo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC Dumlock

HTC Dumlock is a workaround for devices with HTC's unlock that cannot flash boot from recovery. Put simply, we make backups of recovery and boot, then we flash the backup of recovery to boot. When you reboot normally, you'll be in your recovery, but since your recovery is flashed to boot, you can make changes to boot. Head on over to our website for download links and instructions.

NOTE: The Rezound does not have TWRP, so you will be using the universal version!

New v2 version scans / compares the backups of boot and recovery to help ensure that you don't run it twice and wipe out your backup of boot.
    I am almost finished with a recovery file that will unify all the functions of Troy's tool as well as adding a couple extras with a single zip that uses the touchscreen in recovery.
    I believe I can unify all of the zips into a single one that is touchscreen based :) It would make it extremely easy and useful.
    I believe once I rebuild it specifically for the Rezound it will clear the confusion surrounding the purpose and use of the tool.
    Well it is done and fully tested but I don't have time to write up the documentation for it.