[ROM][FF18]EpicTouchAOSPICSmod[NOW ODEXed](UPDATED 6/30)

Search This thread

Reignzone

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
This seems like a worthy build to test run. :D

The development here, should get interesting.

... but still, in the midst of all of this GS3 news, I find myself dreading more TouchWiz crap, and leaning towards the Galaxy Nexus, because of how badly I crave Vanilla Android.

Off-topic, momentary rant. :rolleyes:

robpet2

Sep 6, 2006
Virginia
www.myspace.com
https://rapidshare.com/files/3742273912/EpicAOSPmodICSv3.1.zip

this rom is running great, just having a random acore force close every now and then.. im trying to find out whats causing it, seems like allowing access to a Google service got skipped somewhere.. but it still can be used as a daily driver.. i know 1 or 2 other people getting the same FC error.. we are trying to figure out what app is trying to get access

MoonJames

Dec 21, 2011
Edinburg
https://rapidshare.com/files/3742273912/EpicAOSPmodICSv3.1.zip

this rom is running great, just having a random acore force close every now and then.. im trying to find out whats causing it, seems like allowing access to a Google service got skipped somewhere.. but it still can be used as a daily driver.. i know 1 or 2 other people getting the same FC error.. we are trying to figure out what app is trying to get access

I'm having the same problem its one of the gapps messing up. I think its the Market app.

On the screen it shows the Market app when it should be the the new "Play Store" app.

Trying clearing cache through the application and no go. Any fix for this?

kewlkat

Apr 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Haven't had the Forced closed yet, but haven't used much. I flashed this off Ell29 Stock, hat radio is everyone using? I still have the Ell29 radio.

theclerk74

Jun 30, 2007
Houston
Looking forward to downloading this, especially after watching the review. I've had overheating and weird charging issues with every ICS build I've tried, and Qbking said he hasn't noticed any heating issues.

I have not been able to download this either for some reason. I see the download count going up, so not sure what's up there... But I'm going to give it a try again after work.

schnergun

Jun 9, 2010
been playing around with this throughout the night and this morning. based off qbking's video review. so far I am really liking this rom. seems everything for me works for me. this was my first use of a ics rom. been using caulks 2.8 for a LONG time.great work on this!

Reactions: lee714

graffix31

Oct 9, 2011
Boston
It does look awesome from the review. hopeing the theming will correct the green toggles in the notificatin drawer and in the device menu. thinking i will wait for an update before i make the jump.

dude12v

Mar 8, 2012
Austin, TX
Hi, I am aware you stated that flash with repacked el29 and wipe everything. But is there a reason why flashing this rom with for example the fc06 or 07 repacked kernel make it not boot/work? Im running calks stock deodex fc15 with repacked kernel and i want to flash this with, but that means i need to flash via mobile odin the repacked el29 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOT AOSP!!! THIS IS BASED OFF THE STOCK 4.0.4 Leak ROM

EpicTouch AOSPmod ICS v3.9.2

UPDATED(6/30)
    *Added VoiceSearch.apk back in

UPDATED(6/29)
    Updated to FF18 base(Odexed)
    *Added Jellybean 4.1 wallpapers
    *Added Goggle Car Home app

WHATS INCLUDED
    *Based off Stock Deodexed FF18 4.0.4 ROM
    *Stock ICS Launcher
    *Includes agat63 FF18 kernel
    *Remove Touchwiz and TW related widgets(This ROM is pretty bare bones)
    *Apks are PNG optimized and are ZipAligned at boot
    *CRT Animation
    *Ad free host file included
    *Enabled the Google Setup Wizard. Now you setup your Google
    *AOSP Contacts.apk-->Contacts and Dialer (This is NOT a themed Samsung dialer, its the actual APK from CM9)(The in call screen is still Samsung)
    *AOSP News and Weather(Genie.apk)
    *AOSP Clock app
    *AOSP Calendar
    *AOSP Email
    *AOSP Browser
    *AOSP Calculator
    *AOSP Keyboard
    *AOSP Live Wallpapers
    *AOSP Gallery
    *AOSP Sounds, Notification, and Alarms
    *Goggle Car home app
    *Torch App
    *Google Play Music app
    *Removed Kies
    *Settings.apk and SystemUI.apk are themed to look more ICS(Thanks ssconconceptz and Overstew)
    *AOSP lockscreen mod(thanks dtm_stretch)

HOW TO INSTALL

1. You cannot flash this over the stock ROM or any other ROM. You must do a FULL WIPE. Calk's format all zip works great.

2. Clockwork is the preferred method of flashing this ROM. DO NOT flash this ROM through Rouge recovery. So you will need to flash a EL29 repacked kernel, wipe everything and then flash this ROM. Sorry but its like that with ICS leaks. Remember that you will lose the custom Recovery after flashing this ROM.

3. I haven't tried the repacked Rouge FC18 kernel on this. If you try it, YOU MUST BOOT INTO THE ROM FIRST AND THEN FLASH IT THROUGH ODIN.

4.PLEASE give the kernel time to set in before posting about battery life. Its like that with any kernel

5. This ROM has been really stable. If you have any issues please post the following info:
    a)Did you odin/flash the EL29 repacked to flash this ROM?
    b)Which kernel are you using?
    c)Have you used the Stock FC18 ROM and had the same problem?

Wifi Tether(set to Galaxy Nexus): http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/wifi_tether_v3_1-beta11.apk

SCREENSHOTS
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-06-21-03.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-06-23-11.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-06-21-20.png
    device-2012-03-19-153149.png
    device-2012-03-19-153218.png
    device-2012-03-19-153248.png
    Rom has been updated to FD24 base
    Its odd. I haven't experienced the bugs. Everything is working well for me coming from FC07. I installed according to OP. However, while in FC07 I did decide to format sd cards (internal and external) which should not have done anything but reclaim some storage but with the gps techniques being shown to work, you never know...

I really would like to stay on this ROM, but FC18 is sounding very tempting.

I'm working on the update to FC18