[APP] HoneyReader - New google reader application adapted for large screens [1.2.3]

Search This thread

Archon810

Feb 19, 2010
Oakland
Just a suggestion: you need to work on your SEO. I just tried finding your app in the Market and searching for any of these didn't bring it up: "honeycomb rss" "honeycomb feed" "honeycomb reader" "rss" etc.

I'm thinking of covering this at AndroidPolice.com but this is just a friendly advice if you want your app to actually be found in the Market. :)

mcramer19

Sep 26, 2010
As it works now, the news wont get marked as read. When you sync it purges the news and downloads new news. So you can decide, tell us how you want it and we will make it work like that.

Marking as read is very important to me and everyone I know that uses google reader. The fact I can't mark as read would be a dealbreaker simply because I access my reader account from so many different devices I want them to be on the same page. I love the interface though. Maybe you could let users choose how they want to mark as read?

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

png6

Sep 20, 2008
Marking as read is very important to me and everyone I know that uses google reader. The fact I can't mark as read would be a dealbreaker simply because I access my reader account from so many different devices I want them to be on the same page. I love the interface though. Maybe you could let users choose how they want to mark as read?

Do you think the options:
- mark as read on sight
- mark as read on click
- dont mark as read
.. is good?

kkwus74

Jun 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A53
I also need the mark as read option..... don't wanna scrolling thru a whole list and find where I left off.....and increasing the number of articles would be great! but other than that a great reader!

Sent from my HTC Evo

png6

Sep 20, 2008
Good news! I have implemented the "click to mark as read" feature and also upped the number of news to 150. We will make some other updates, including "reading on sight" and realease the new version this monday.

mcramer19

Sep 26, 2010
Good news! I have implemented the "click to mark as read" feature and also upped the number of news to 150. We will make some other updates, including "reading on sight" and realease the new version this monday.

I will definetly be picking it up. Thanks!

png6

Sep 20, 2008
New update has been sent to Android market, it will be published as soon as Google feels like it.. :)

Updates include:
- Updated maximum number of news to 1000
- Enabled "reading" of articles with sync to Google reader
- Fixed image caching issues
- Read news now shows as grey
- Fixed image proportion issues
- Updated the colors

Thank you for all your good ideas, please keep them coming!

mcramer19

Sep 26, 2010
New update has been sent to Android market, it will be published as soon as Google feels like it.. :)

Updates include:
- Updated maximum number of news to 1000
- Enabled "reading" of articles with sync to Google reader
- Fixed image caching issues
- Read news now shows as grey
- Fixed image proportion issues
- Updated the colors

Thank you for all your good ideas, please keep them coming!

Just got it and can't wait for the update

*Edit: it says downloading but no articles ever show even when its done. Any idea why?

Last edited:

DroidHam

Aug 8, 2010
Akron, OH
how do I add feeds? All I have is a blank screen with no option to add sites/feeds. Can I sync with Google Reader?

Top Liked Posts