[Q] Defy Plus: help romdump

Search This thread

UncleDan

Feb 6, 2012
Ferrara
www.uncledan.it
After some frustrating failures with romdump v72 I could extract a romdump out of my Motorola Defy Plus MB526 (carrier Vodafone-Italy) with v82b.

Here is the result:
Code:
04/02/2012  18.17               185 checksum.md5
04/02/2012  18.14                 0 config.gz
04/02/2012  18.14             1.399 system.info.gz
04/02/2012  18.16       286.179.328 system.tar

How can I know if everything is ok?
How can I make a recovery out of those files?

I would like to try CM7 but I will not until I know I have a working backup.

Attachments

• list.txt
    197 bytes · Views: 13
  • checksum.txt
    185 bytes · Views: 8
  • log.txt
    541 bytes · Views: 12
Last edited:

miscz

Jul 2, 2011
I don't really know what you're doing here but can't you just do a nandroid backup from CWM recovery?

Reactions: UncleDan

UncleDan

Feb 6, 2012
Ferrara
www.uncledan.it
Almost perfect ;-) I did root to enable Titanium Backup. Next step is having a firmware backup and then finding a CWM recovery that works on Defy+
Edit: you can not romdump without rooting.

Update: I wiped all data from the phone, rooted again, made a "clean" romdump, installed the recovery, and made a backup from there (I suppose it is a nandroid backup).

Now I will restore all data, backup again and study CM installation.

Thanks for suggestions.

Last edited:

mYsooo

Feb 27, 2012
Hi UncleDan,
I have Motorola Defy Plus MB526 2.3.5, and would like to make romdump before doing 2nd-init and installing CM7,CM9

So far I understand that phone has to be rooted(done), romdump should be installed.
Did you use ADB, or terminal to install/start it?
(addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-backup-your-android-phones-boot-recovery-and-system-partition-images)
Was the backup running without problems, or did you fight with something...?

Finally, if I got system image, how do I make restore from it?

As on romdump page is only stated:
Once the program has finished you should find a directory in the root of your SD card called romdump and a sub-directory named after your device model. Take those files and give them to someone who knows how to make a recovery zip

BTW: Will be this image usable after screwing something with CM7, CM9?
Or I will need to flash one of SBF anyway?
(sorry if that a silly question - the more I read on forums, the more confused I'm)

Thanks.

apurvdate

Jan 27, 2012
Pune
Almost perfect ;-) I did root to enable Titanium Backup. Next step is having a firmware backup and then finding a CWM recovery that works on Defy+
Edit: you can not romdump without rooting.

Update: I wiped all data from the phone, rooted again, made a "clean" romdump, installed the recovery, and made a backup from there (I suppose it is a nandroid backup).

Now I will restore all data, backup again and study CM installation.

Thanks for suggestions.

how you installed recovery? link please...i've rooted, done titanium backup & wiped the phone..but i cant find any CWM recovery fr Defy+ :-(

Sent from my MB526 using XDA App [ still on stock 2.3.6 :-( ]

UncleDan

Feb 6, 2012
Ferrara
www.uncledan.it
I had no problems in making the image with romdump v82b but I had no clue on how to restore.

So I parked it and went for 2nd init + nandroid. I restored twice and works like a charme.

The only little issue is that if you install bootmenu 0.6.1 it installs an old recovery which makes a single backup image and if you restore that you always get the old recovery, even if you had a recent one e.g. by flashing CM7.

Sent from my MB526 using XDA App

Last edited:

apurvdate

Jan 27, 2012
Pune
ok..i managed it..
uninstalled v2--installed v1.9--again installed v2...now its working :)

got backup of all..

time for cm7/cm9 now :)

Sent from my MB526 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't really know what you're doing here but can't you just do a nandroid backup from CWM recovery?

I think that he want's to dump his official stock rom before modifying his defy. So i guess he has not got 2nd-init or CWM or CM7, (or probably even root?)

Sent from my 1Ghz CM7 + CM9 Defy