[ROM][Unofficial] PSX 4.4.2 1/4/2014 | Carbon 4.4.2 1/4/2014 | +Kernels

Search This thread

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
My unofficial builds of PSX/CARBON, plus various kernels as well as my own kernel which are in the second post.
I take no credit for PSX, Carbon or any kernel that I build from the Nexus 4.

1/4/2014 UPDATE: I have built the ROMs using slims kernel with some slight modifications. So the kernel built in should be stable. Fixed DSP issue with Carbon also added MotoX dalvik patch to Carbon.

PSX

Unofficial PSX 4.4.2 built from source

If you don't know what PSX is, check this thread out: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532676

PSX is no longer being officially released (Nexus 4 forum drove them away from XDA) , but they are still developing the ROM. So here it is, enjoy.

By flashing this you are accepting all responsibility. Your warranty is now VOID! If your phone spontaneously burst into flames, or it fails you in the middle of the desert and you die of thirst.... it's not my problem.

I take no credit for this, I just built it.

PSX 4.4.2 geeb 1/4/2014:
GEEB

Installation instructions.
Flash TWRP by brothaedhung (for geeb model only)
Create a backup
Wipe/factory reset
Flash ROM: If it fails to flash, reboot recovery (DO NOT FLASH SUPERSU if it asks) and flash again. Should work....
(optional) FLASH AK KERNEL from 2nd post if you like.
wipe cache/dalvik if you flashed AK kernel
Flash GAPPS 4.4.2
Flash SuperSU

Sources:
PSX
Kernel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carbon

Unofficial Carbon 4.4.2 built from source

Carbon I believe has not officially released a 4.4.x ROM yet, so it's still a WIP. So some features may be missing ect. Though as of now it does have a good amount of features. I'll try to update it every few days when CarbonDev makes some major changes/additions.

By flashing this you are accepting all responsibility. Your warranty is now VOID! If your phone spontaneously burst into flames, or it fails you in the middle of the desert and you die of thirst.... it's not my problem.

Carbon 4.4.2 geeb 1/4/2014:
GEEB

Create a backup
Wipe/factory reset
Flash ROM: If it fails to flash, reboot recovery (DO NOT FLASH SUPERSU if it asks) and flash again. Should work....
Flash GAPPS 4.4.2
Flash SuperSU

If NFC does not work.... flash this: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291682548

Sources:
CarbonDev
Kernel

Last edited:

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
Kernels - More kernels to come

AK Kernel, developed by AK, and brought over to geeb by me. I take no credit for the development of this kernel.
Information and features of AK kernel can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2473454

By flashing this you accept all responsibility. XDA, the original dev of the kernel and myself are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone. Especially if you overclock....

AK Kernel: 1/4/2014
Kernel is attacked below...

This version will only work on AOSP based roms... So a CM based ROM will just bootloop if you use this kernel. I will make a CM version as the original dev does have one. Will just take me some time. No ETA

Installation:
Flash kernel
wipe cache/dalvik
boot
reboot
enjoy

Attachments

• mizry-ak-geeb-2.0.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 948
Last edited:

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
Last edited:
Reactions: bgkone and WESTdad

DrunkenDragon

Oct 2, 2010
Bangalore
If it's the one I built.... sure. Just be aware if anything goes wrong, it's probably because of that. :highfive:

Also, to those non-geeb users: I'll add the updates for geehrc/geespr sometime later tonight or tomorrow on the thread where I have all the other devices for PSX as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543176

i dirty flashed it... its running smooth as ususal :highfive: ... MiZrY can you provide changelogs ? if you don't mind provide when ever you are free :angel:

DrunkenDragon

Oct 2, 2010
Bangalore
And one more thing i have an issue, sometimes it automatically clicks on the screen or while typing it keeps on typing the random words without touching the screen to stop it i lock the screen and again unlock it, this bug was there in previous psx and even present in this latest psx version... I never had this on 4.3 roms

Sent from LG Optimus G, on PSX

NHS2008

Jul 24, 2010
Mumbai
Hi, Thanks for this!!
I had flashed the 11/29 version, but it showed my 64 gb exfat card as corrupt and asks to format it??
Any way to fix it, or has it been fixed?

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
And one more thing i have an issue, sometimes it automatically clicks on the screen or while typing it keeps on typing the random words without touching the screen to stop it i lock the screen and again unlock it, this bug was there in previous psx and even present in this latest psx version... I never had this on 4.3 roms

If you dirty flashed anything.... probably a good idea to wipe clean and re-flash. I don't have any issues like that :/

Reactions: WESTdad

chachin

Nov 13, 2011
Houston TX
damn it I woke up too late to be first tto comment and say it was awesome to test for you @MiZrY but anyways thanks for your hardwork and keep it going ;)

DrunkenDragon

Oct 2, 2010
Bangalore
If you dirty flashed anything.... probably a good idea to wipe clean and re-flash. I don't have any issues like that :/

Well but previous build was not dirty flash it was clean install i had this issue on that as well anyways on your next update on this rom i will do clean install not a big issue though coz i am flashing roms like crazy these days :D :D

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
Well but previous build was not dirty flash it was clean install i had this issue on that as well anyways on your next update on this rom i will do clean install not a big issue though coz i am flashing roms like crazy these days :D :D

OK....

Also for everyone, you can find kernel updates here: http://ribs.bbqdroid.org/smoocha/?

This makes it easier on me as I don't have to re-build every time there is a kernel change. The latest kernel for geeb is updated from the kernel I have in my current build. Thanks @chadouming for all the hard work he does on the kernel and device sources.

Reactions: chachin

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
Anybody else noticing the minimum speed is not sticking

Sent from my Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That's the mp-decision doing it's work (it's not the standard stock mp-decision it's a modified one)..... don't worry about it as the minimum speed is and will drop below that.

Watch the live cpu stats and you can verify that it is indeed going to minimum (384) idle freq.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberbandit1998

o0shaft0o

Jan 21, 2012
Did a clean install of the latest build and noticed there's no camera app? I wiped, flashed ROM, flashed gapps, flashed supersu, wiped cache, and rebooted. Am I missing something?

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

OMGMatrix

Apr 16, 2011
Active Display causes a System UI crash on 12/02 for me.

I saw something was changed in relation To active display, What was changed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My unofficial builds of PSX/CARBON, plus various kernels as well as my own kernel which are in the second post.
    I take no credit for PSX, Carbon or any kernel that I build from the Nexus 4.

1/4/2014 UPDATE: I have built the ROMs using slims kernel with some slight modifications. So the kernel built in should be stable. Fixed DSP issue with Carbon also added MotoX dalvik patch to Carbon.

PSX

Unofficial PSX 4.4.2 built from source

If you don't know what PSX is, check this thread out: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532676

PSX is no longer being officially released (Nexus 4 forum drove them away from XDA) , but they are still developing the ROM. So here it is, enjoy.

PSX 4.4.2 geeb 1/4/2014:
    GEEB

Create a backup
    Wipe/factory reset
    Flash GAPPS 4.4.2
    Flash SuperSU

Sources:
    PSX
    Kernel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carbon

Unofficial Carbon 4.4.2 built from source

Carbon I believe has not officially released a 4.4.x ROM yet, so it's still a WIP. So some features may be missing ect. Though as of now it does have a good amount of features. I'll try to update it every few days when CarbonDev makes some major changes/additions.

Carbon 4.4.2 geeb 1/4/2014:
    GEEB

Create a backup
    Wipe/factory reset
    Flash GAPPS 4.4.2
    Flash SuperSU

If NFC does not work.... flash this: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291682548

Sources:
    CarbonDev
    Kernel
    Kernels - More kernels to come

AK Kernel, developed by AK, and brought over to geeb by me. I take no credit for the development of this kernel.
    Information and features of AK kernel can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2473454

By flashing this you accept all responsibility. XDA, the original dev of the kernel and myself are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone. Especially if you overclock....

AK Kernel: 1/4/2014
    Kernel is attacked below...

This version will only work on AOSP based roms... So a CM based ROM will just bootloop if you use this kernel. I will make a CM version as the original dev does have one. Will just take me some time. No ETA

Installation:
    Flash kernel
    wipe cache/dalvik
    boot
    reboot
    enjoy
    Over clock anyone?
    uploadfromtaptalk1387335610586.jpg

That stuff is meant to preserve the power button over time. Also it can be quicker to use one of those methods.

Sent from my LG Optimus G

Yep. Stuff like this is keeping my old aria alive. Power button is nearly toast, but there's a mod to use the touchpad to wake it.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Eventually I'll figure out how to get it to work.... but like I said.... it's complicated. One of the big changes between mako and geeb kernel is the touchscreen driver. Most stuff is pretty simple to pull over from mako to our device.... but those features are a pain in the butt as it looks like I'll probably have to re-code certain things in order for it to work.

It's not exactly high on my priority list of things to do, but I'm getting there. Many of the devs for our device have moved on to other devices, so I'm playing catch up. So myself and a few others are trying to make sure all device sources and such stay updated, and also making a kernel that's up to date and stable. Chadouming does not work on our device anymore it seems, but he was one of the first devs that had device/kernel stable and setup for kitkat for us. So I used his sources to build PSX/CARBON. Since he is not with us, and houst0nn has a lot on his plate.... I'm try to do what they have done. Kernel is #1 priority for me, build 1 from scratch so I know it inside and out and make it so other kernels can be flashed over it.

I've pretty much got it stable, however xboxfanj and myself are probably going to start another kernel from scratch and make sure all is good. All I've learned trying to get my kernel stable will help in making another kernel easier. Xboxj knows a lot about kernels as well so that will help. The goal is to try and bring all the cool kernel features from the Nexus 4 over to our device but make the kernel purely made for our device. AK kernel works pretty damn good though... :p
    Sorry man did not mean to offend. Thanks for the hard work on the ROM. It is running smooth. :thumbup:

No worries, and no offense taken. I just don't want to add features myself. I want to keep the ROMs the way the developers intended. Carbon is still adding stuff, and PSX tries to keep the features to a minimum.

One day maybe, I'll make my own AOSP custom rom..... but I'm not there yet. :p

I do have a surprise ROM that I'm working on getting on our device. It may not be loaded with features.... but it's definitely a bada$$ ROM. Hoping I can get it to work.