[Q] Caller can't hear me when screen dims?

Search This thread

droiga

Oct 2, 2013
hey everyone,

I've been running the latest build of the Hood Pope rom since Nov and i haven't had any problems with the phone. Out off the different roms and versions of a rom,this has been the best. i recently started experiencing a problem; during calls when the screen goes black the caller can no longer hear me. On the other hand, i can hear them fine. I constantly have to wake the screen with the power button, or keep the phone off my ear so the proximity sensor doesn't kick in and dim the display.

I have been searching and the only discussion similar to my problem from another site turned out to be a hardware issue. I have reset the app cache and settings. I checked the dialer app permissions but i haven't denied anything. No recently installed apps that would need dialer permissions. I dropped my phone, i believe a week or so ago, 3 1/2 ft inside my house, phone does have a case.

i don't know what else to do besides going through the ritual of wiping and reinstalling the rom. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
hey everyone,

I've been running the latest build of the Hood Pope rom since Nov and i haven't had any problems with the phone. Out off the different roms and versions of a rom,this has been the best. i recently started experiencing a problem; during calls when the screen goes black the caller can no longer hear me. On the other hand, i can hear them fine. I constantly have to wake the screen with the power button, or keep the phone off my ear so the proximity sensor doesn't kick in and dim the display.

I have been searching and the only discussion similar to my problem from another site turned out to be a hardware issue. I have reset the app cache and settings. I checked the dialer app permissions but i haven't denied anything. No recently installed apps that would need dialer permissions. I dropped my phone, i believe a week or so ago, 3 1/2 ft inside my house, phone does have a case.

i don't know what else to do besides going through the ritual of wiping and reinstalling the rom. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Are you using gravity screen off....if so. Check the box for it not to work while in call. If not using this...I would reboot recovery and wipe cache and dalvik...if problem still persist. You need to do a fresh install. If that doesn't work. I would Odin back to stock 4.1.2 and insure its not a hardware issue...

Good luck..

droiga

Oct 2, 2013
Are you using gravity screen off....if so. Check the box for it not to work while in call. If not using this...I would reboot recovery and wipe cache and dalvik...if problem still persist. You need to do a fresh install. If that doesn't work. I would Odin back to stock 4.1.2 and insure its not a hardware issue...

Good luck..

Not sure about gravity screen off, I haven't stumbled across that setting unless its hidden somewhere. As far as the rest proposed solution im holding off as last resort at this point but i fear that's the route i will have to take soon.

Thanks

HighxVoltage

Nov 24, 2013
Not a hardware problem.
This has happened to a number of people running earlier version of CM10.1 as well.
Try flashing the official CM10.2 nightlies. If problem still occurs, ODIN back to stock.
Not all phones will run a custom ROM perfectly, even though they are of the same device.

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
Not sure about gravity screen off, I haven't stumbled across that setting unless its hidden somewhere. As far as the rest proposed solution im holding off as last resort at this point but i fear that's the route i will have to take soon.

Thanks

My bad...it could be. I have the pro version...

High voltage is right though....not all ROMs run the same. I have never had this problem with cm10.1...but I only ran it a little. But I can tell you that my boost variant hates aokp...and it makes me mad..Lol. But my galaxy tab 10.1 loves aokp...go figure...

Hope you get it sorted out...

Last edited:

droiga

Oct 2, 2013
Not a hardware problem.
This has happened to a number of people running earlier version of CM10.1 as well.
Try flashing the official CM10.2 nightlies. If problem still occurs, ODIN back to stock.
Not all phones will run a custom ROM perfectly, even though they are of the same device.

Good to hear that its not a hardware problem, i was afraid that minor drop might have caused it somehow.

droiga

Oct 2, 2013

High voltage is right though....not all ROMs run the same. I have never had this problem with cm10.1...but I only ran it a little. But I can tell you that my boost variant hates aokp...and it makes me mad..Lol. But my galaxy tab 10.1 loves aokp...go figure...

Yea i think 3 months was long enough for me without having to wipe dalvik, i was pleased with how well the rom ran and brushed it off. But you can only go so far before something acts up that will require wiping and reinstalling something.

Reactions: Gil81

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
Yea i think 3 months was long enough for me without having to wipe dalvik, i was pleased with how well the rom ran and brushed it off. But you can only go so far before something acts up that will require wiping and reinstalling something.

Ya...Lol.

I think the only ROM I've ran for that long is project x..if your in the market..its a great ROM...and combined with missing link,you can theme it out.

I'm actually running Commotio now..and have downloaded Vanir and Smasher x to give them both a try today...yes. I'm a flash o holic...:eek:

Reactions: bilgerryan

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Project X-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2320041

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

droiga

Oct 2, 2013
Ya...Lol.

I think the only ROM I've ran for that long is project x..if your in the market..its a great ROM...and combined with missing link,you can theme it out.

I'm actually running Commotio now..and have downloaded Vanir and Smasher x to give them both a try today...yes. I'm a flash o holic...:eek:

Haha yea, when i first started rooting i enjoyed flashing different roms but it eventually became a hassle so i stay away unless i absolutely have to or there is a must have feature implemented within lol. I will keep your reference in mind if i decide to try something different.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey everyone,

Thank you

Good luck..

Ya...Lol.