iContact 0.6 update + source code

Search This thread
T

Taninpv

I actually thought the white background of the now iContact goes well with HTC Diamond keyboard. I think I will keep it as it

paolopanucci

May 10, 2008
iContact V0.6

I have Ultimate 9502....iContact is working but scrolling is too slow compared to iPhone...also when I select a letter it does not go directly to the first name with that letter...it passes by all the letters on the way to the letter I selected....it wastes time.....any solution ?

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
There might be, but given it is two files (the exe and an ini) there is not much advantage to it...

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Just copy the exe across to the device with the ini, put them in the same folder on the device, and run the exe from there...

rwertz14

Jan 8, 2008
Rutledge, Tn.
Absolutely. IMHO PocketCM was ruined the second he started integrating everything else with no option to remove it. I LOVE his contact app, but I feel the SMS is clunky,slow and not very usable on my devise.

I like that icontact is so simple (and fast), just would like a coupe small tweaks added to make it a little more usable. Things I would like to add off that bat is.

1. Address, notes, picture and category when pulling up a contact.
b. Remove headers from favorites page (option)
III. an option similiar to PCM that lets you slide down the sides to scroll to different letters (I love that about pcm, brilliant) (Option)
4. Full screen (Option)

now, with that said, I am a VB developer at heart so it's gonna take me a little to get my head around another language. So don't expect changes too too quickly.

- PJ

Anything you can do to improve this application will be greatly appreciated.

uiskibum

Nov 6, 2007
I have Ultimate 9502....iContact is working but scrolling is too slow compared to iPhone...
Scrolling seems fine on my ATT 8525, I can get it going pretty fast; the logic that drive the "kinetic scrolling" in iContact is proably different than the iPhone so that may be the difference you see.

also when I select a letter it does not go directly to the first name with that letter...it passes by all the letters on the way to the letter I selected....it wastes time
this is the nature of the program and eliminating it would take a heavy round of code rewriting; someone might take it on, but it's beyond what I can do.

As for SIM dialing: Currently iContact does not support it and unfortunately digging into this is beyond my ability, maybe someone will take on coding this.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Scrolling speed takes a hit when you're touching the screen because of the extra amount of processing power required...

SIM Dialing takes a lot of extra code as you can't get the data straight from poutlook...

uiskibum

Nov 6, 2007
Does anyone know how to remove the empty categories when looking at Favorites?

this is something that needs to get ironed out. The favorites is just a list of the contacts you specify, no alpha categories. If you add the "Add a contact" link to your favorites then you get alpha categories for every letter.

So, to remove the blank (and all) categories just remove the "Add a contact" entry.

Last edited:

andrewjb

Feb 1, 2008
this is something that needs to get ironed out. The favorites is just a list of the contacts you specify, no alpha categories. If you add the "Add a contact" link to your favorites then you get alpha categories for every letter.

So, to remove the blank (and all) categories just remove the "Add a contact" entry.

Thanks for the speedy response it worked like a charm!!!

collwatt

Jan 16, 2008
Just copy the exe across to the device with the ini, put them in the same folder on the device, and run the exe from there" ok so just copy it as it is, no need to extract files. i tried boths ways: extract, then copy. and ive tried just coppying as it is. its now on my phone, but though i can use it, i was never given option to install and i cant access the settings

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
You should just need to copy the ini file and the exe file across. There is no "install" option (although some versions here have cabs made up for them) and to customize it, you need to use the ini file.

uiskibum

Nov 6, 2007
Ok, not to be directly insulting but this is for the people that have issues just copying the files, creating the directories and start menu entries....

YOU MUST EDIT THE SETTINGS.INI FILE MANUALLY!

This is a cab version of my latest iteration of iContact...i tested it on an emulator and all things seem to work. If it doesn't, well get rid of it and go for one of the previously posted versions.
[UPDATE]The cab now gives credit to larna as the developer of this application.

Attachments

• iContact.CAB
    75.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

chiekh

Apr 19, 2005
very good, hope the next version it will replace the default windows contact perfectly

Import this Reg.
or change the registry key to make itself the default contacts application (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\: MSCONTACTS\String 1).

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS]
"1"="\\Windows\\iContact.exe"
"String 1"=":MSPOUTLOOK"
"3"=dword:00000000
"2"=dword:00000001
"0"="Contacts"

Attachments

• MSCONTACTS.zip
    399 bytes · Views: 87
Last edited: