[AROMA][SPRINT]Recovery Switcher[2014-05-07]

Search This thread

brandonair95

Feb 27, 2012
Aroma works with the volume and home keys. Touch doesn't work but it's like that for all Sprint M8 aromas right?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

chemjb

Nov 18, 2011
Pacoima
Aroma works with the volume and home keys. Touch doesn't work but it's like that for all Sprint M8 aromas right?

It kinda works for me. I just have to leave one finger touching the screen where I want to click and then with my other finger click next to it and works 80% of the time.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3vil3v0

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago
It kinda works for me. I just have to leave one finger touching the screen where I want to click and then with my other finger click next to it and works 80% of the time.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
Hmmm that's weird never heard of that happing before maybe due to aroma not being updated for the m8

@all sorry USPS messed up the delivery of my phone [emoji51] should be here on Mon or Tue

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk

Reactions: EVOuser94

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
Fyi, something I figured out that makes using the volume buttons a little easier to use for aroma-
If you keep pressing volume down at least 4 or 5 times (depending on how many aroma options are shown on that screen), it will take you to the little menu option, pressing volume up one time moves to bottom left button (usually the next button), one more press of volume up will move to the back button, and another 2-4 presses will take up to whatever options that particular screen on aroma has.
Still nowhere as easy as just touching the screen but at least it's something

Reactions: stark1159

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago
Well after a hr I have s-off and root and this tool aroma is not good (very crapy worst I have every ran )I did not think it was that bad I'll come up with something for you guys I think I know why its like this hopefully I can get done with it quickly so I can work on some aosp to

Sent from my CandyKat HTC One M8

Last edited:

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Lol yea, figure out how to update aroma to work with with twrps touch drivers and there will be a lot of thank yous

~m8whl on the Always Solid ViperOneM8 Latest
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
It's in the update-binary I do believe for how it calls the touchscreen drivers if I am correct...

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dandan2980

Jun 17, 2010
Actually the touch in aroma does work if you press your selection and hold with one finger and touch with another finger as close as possible. A xda member posted it in the viper thread I tried and it actually worked using the volume keys in aroma was a pain

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Does touch in aroma work? It doesn't work for anyone on m8whl due to aroma not working with new touch drivers used in our recovery in its current state. There has not been a fix to my awareness is why I ask.

~m8whl on the Always Solid ViperOneM8 Latest
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

Just tried it and it does not. I can't figure out how to navigate without the touch controls... I tried using vol up and vol down + power button to move around, but it's too difficult for me to realize where the cursor is :(

Actually the touch in aroma does work if you press your selection and hold with one finger and touch with another finger as close as possible. A xda member posted it in the viper thread I tried and it actually worked using the volume keys in aroma was a pain

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Still is not in its prime yet though,it's still broken. That's a pain to do too with fat fingers lol

dandan2980

Jun 17, 2010
Still is not in its prime yet though,it's still broken. That's a pain to do too with fat fingers lol

I was using my thumbs actually. But using the volume keys for choosing from a list isn't bad but hitting "next" makes it easier with the double touch method and it works is all that matters for now takes a couple tries the first double tap will highlight and the next will press it

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

But an updated aroma would be very much appreciated

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
Oh I know don't get me wrong I'm not complaining on it because it does work, just not as expected, I have faith it'll be updated soon enough

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago
Just a Quick Question Would Guys Yous Want A Minor Update

With Stock Recovery
Or
Just Wait Until I fix Aroma

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
Me personally I'd wait for an Aroma fix, because many developers are in need of that, and if you can fix it you deserve some props and it'd make your original concept more viable :) again my opinion!

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
Me personally I'd wait for an Aroma fix, because many developers are in need of that, and if you can fix it you deserve some props and it'd make your original concept more viable :) again my opinion!

just a quick question hope this is a good place to ask since it involves most recoveries. sorry if its been covered before but im busy working out other issues.
anyways if i was to make a backup in say twrp recovery in your installer.. is it possible to restore said back up using say phils recovery or clockwork recovery or does the backup only work with the recovery it was created with? thanks would make life easier if thats possible but if i remember right i was unable to do so in the past on other model phone.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

sorry didnt mean to quote that post did that on accident.

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
just a quick question hope this is a good place to ask since it involves most recoveries. sorry if its been covered before but im busy working out other issues.
anyways if i was to make a backup in say twrp recovery in your installer.. is it possible to restore said back up using say phils recovery or clockwork recovery or does the backup only work with the recovery it was created with? thanks would make life easier if thats possible but if i remember right i was unable to do so in the past on other model phone.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

sorry didnt mean to quote that post did that on accident.

You're right I believe. A backup made on philz recovery Will not restore on Twrp,they are using different methods of making the backup so they will not restore back correctly using the opposite recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    By flashing this rom you take full responsibility to whatever happens on your device. The developer will NOT be held responsible to whatever happens on your device. Of course, this tool has been tested but whatever happens on your device will not be held against the developer.

*NOTE*
    If you Want Want To See A Recovery That not in Here Just Ask

Be Sure You Have A HTC One(M8)
    Works CDMA Sprint DO NOT FLASH ON GSM OR verizon OR YOU WILL BRICK
    About:
    One day while on xda I saw a recovery switcher made by another xda user so I said to myself "hay I want that"
    so After Messing With Stuff I Was Done With my Own Recovery Switcher But Enough taking go ahead and flash and have fun IF you like my development please follow my project from desktop, by going on the first page of this thread and pressing from the top black corner the button telling you "FOLLOW PROJECT”.
    THANK YOU

Recoverys In Here:

• [*]TWRP Recovery 2.7.0.2
      [*]PhilZ Touch 6.25.6
      [*]Unofficial TWRP Recovery 2.7.0.7
      [*]Unofficial ClockworkMod Touch 6.0.4.8
      [*]Unofficial ClockworkMod Non Touch 6.0.4.8

Features:

• [*]Switch Pre Built Recovery Made For Your Device On The Fly

[*]No More Flashing recovery's In Fastboot

Changelog:
    v1.0 - 5/7/14:
    Added @Captain_Throwback's Unofficial TWRP 2.7.0.7 Recovery
    v1.0 - 5/7/14:
    Initial Release

Downloads:

Recovery_Switcher_One_M8_SPRINT_v2
    MD5 0f16dc592a50e6e7dbdac972754feebb

Recovery_Switcher_One_M8_SPRINT_v1
    MD5 1f80855c7c01402ff9e4adf897202cef
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button, I have worked very hard on this

Instructions:
    1. Download the zip
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. Install It like you would with a Mod Or Rom
    4. Then Set The Check Box At the end With Reboot In To System
    5. Then Boot Back In to recovery and See your new recovery

Thanks To/Credits: @amarullz - For Aroma Installer
    @CNexus - For The Idea (Im getting It Right Now lol)
    @Phil3759- For Philz Recovery
    @Dees_Troy - For Twrp Recovery
    @interloper - For CWM Recovery
    @EVOuser94 - Thanks For The Sprint M8 Layout
    @Captain_Throwback - For TWRP 2.7.0.7 Recovery @Venomtester - For The Op Pictures
    glencoco
    Hope you all like it ?
    Well after a hr I have s-off and root and this tool aroma is not good (very crapy worst I have every ran )I did not think it was that bad I'll come up with something for you guys I think I know why its like this hopefully I can get done with it quickly so I can work on some aosp to

Sent from my CandyKat HTC One M8
    Thanks a lot for this!

Any chance of getting Capt's unofficial TWRP 2.7.0.7 added?

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?16278-SPRINT-RECOVERY-TWRP-Recovery-(UNOFFICIAL)-v2-7-0-7

Thanks man!
    ya ill add it in
    Minor Update Released Check op for change log ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk