[Q] Help! Switching from KITKAT back to Jellybean SONY XPERIA Z

Search This thread

BrandonKeir

May 22, 2014
I have a Sony Xperia Z & I want to switch from KitKat to JellyBean.
I did the update this afternoon and my battery drained instantly.

My phone has been plugged into the wall for aroud 2.5 hours and it's only at 27% and its not going down and it's still plugged in....
it's driving me insane...i dont have time to wait a week for it to "catch up"

How can I switch back to Jellybean from KitKat? :(

msc3169

Nov 19, 2012
Mumbai
Firstly, you should post it in Q&A section.

As for your problem, try a factory reset or repair software from Sony PC Companion or Sony Update Service.
If you want to go back to 4.3, download any 4.3 FTF posted in the general section via flashtool.

sent via my XPERIA™ Z

BrandonKeir

May 22, 2014
Firstly, you should post it in Q&A section.

As for your problem, try a factory reset or repair software from Sony PC Companion or Sony Update Service.
If you want to go back to 4.3, download any 4.3 FTF posted in the general section via flashtool.

sent via my XPERIA™ Z

sorry, new to this website didnt see the Q&A section.
Flashtool is currently installing on my computer. Should I just google how to flashtool my xperia z to 4.3?

greglord

Jul 8, 2009
Stuttgart
Flashtool is currently installing on my computer. Should I just google how to flashtool my xperia z to 4.3?

NO! Keep 4.4!

Just shut the phone down and reboot again then plug it in again to wallmount. Of course it drains until it stabilizes! Just check battery info what drains it and wait for a few days before switching back.

Must be one of the weirdest reasons to switch back to lower version after 1 afternoon...

BrandonKeir

May 22, 2014
NO! Keep 4.4!

Just shut the phone down and reboot again then plug it in again to wallmount. Of course it drains until it stabilizes! Just check battery info what drains it and wait for a few days before switching back.

Must be one of the weirdest reasons to switch back to lower version after 1 afternoon...

it's literally murdering my battery. it wont even charge haha

msc3169

Nov 19, 2012
Mumbai

Just download the FTF file, put this FTF file in the firmware folder where you installed flashtool (typically C drive)
Then launch flashtool application, select flashmode choose the FTF and flash it. Done.

sent via my XPERIA™ Z

SmallsXD

Nov 28, 2012
Probably Google Services battery drain, I have been experiencing this for a few days now. Not connected to kitkat or the Xperia Z. Phone also took forever to charge, I rebooted and it seems fine for now

smardu

Jun 7, 2009
i dont think is related to 442, a week ago google services started to drain my xperia s 412 battery for 22h, this happened 2years ago also, google is doing something...bad..

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Free mobile app

kevev

May 22, 2006
My battery died quick the first time and the performance was very laggy. After rebooting and recharging everything is good.

BrandonKeir

May 22, 2014
My battery died quick the first time and the performance was very laggy. After rebooting and recharging everything is good.

After letting it completely drain form the KitKat update and recharge it was much better... my phone actually has better battery life than before funny enough! yay!