Want to upgrade but no computer atm

Search This thread

dallas220

Jan 17, 2014
Hey guys.. I'm currently on 4.4.2 stock rooted with xposed and Franco and would like to upgrade to 4.4.3.
I don't have access to a computer at the moment... So what would be the easiest way or anyway for that matter to upgrade?
Sorry if this a noob question but I am not super android savvy to be honest. Any help would be amazing.
If there was a guide or something to follow for someone in my position....

Thanks for any help

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Hey guys.. I'm currently on 4.4.2 stock rooted with xposed and Franco and would like to upgrade to 4.4.3.
I don't have access to a computer at the moment... So what would be the easiest way or anyway for that matter to upgrade?
Sorry if this a noob question but I am not super android savvy to be honest. Any help would be amazing.

Thanks for any help

Somebody made a 4.4.4 system zip. Get that, and the flashable 4.4.4 radio zip.

Reactions: dallas220

dallas220

Jan 17, 2014

is that all i need to do, download them to my phone and just flash in recovery? Do i need to go to 4.4.3 first? Im so confused :S

Just flash a stick rooted ROM. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48190796

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have no idea what a stick rooted ROM is to be honest brother...

I know its alot to ask but is there any way one of you guys could give me a brief step by step? I hate being that guy but im not nearly confident to go messing around on my own... Do i flash my stock kernel first? Then unistall Xposed? Then what..... :S

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
is that all i need to do, download them to my phone and just flash in recovery? Do i need to go to 4.4.3 first? Im so confused :S

I know its alot to ask but is there any way one of you guys could give me a brief step by step? I hate being that guy but im not nearly confident to go messing around on my own... Do i flash my stock kernel first? Then unistall Xposed? Then what..... :S

you shouldnt do a single thing, nothing. not until you take some time to educate yourself first. if not, and you start messing around, youre gonna end up with a paperweight. seriously, im not being mean to you, im trying to be helpful. take some time, read about the basics, learn at least just what you need. start here http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/resource-guides-info-threads-linked-read-t2784527

Reactions: danarama and jwhyte

jwhyte

May 29, 2013
Milwaukee

Sorry it auto corrected. Yes you can flash a stick rooted rom. Such as the one from @bigxie that I linked but please try to heed @simms22 words. You always want to know what you are doing before you do it or you risk ending up with a paperweight. If you have this many questions flashing something new can wait until you are comfortable with what you are doing.

dallas220

Jan 17, 2014
you shouldnt do a single thing, nothing. not until you take some time to educate yourself first. if not, and you start messing around, youre gonna end up with a paperweight. seriously, im not being mean to you, im trying to be helpful. take some time, read about the basics, learn at least just what you need. start here http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/resource-guides-info-threads-linked-read-t2784527

Sorry it auto corrected. Yes you can flash a stick rooted rom. Such as the one from @bigxie that I linked but please try to heed @simms22 words. You always want to know what you are doing before you do it or you risk ending up with a paperweight. If you have this many questions flashing something new can wait until you are comfortable with what you are doing.

thanks lads... i know some but clearly not enough. Will read up between classes :) thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for any help

Just flash a stock rooted ROM. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48190796