[TROM] ☆ ★ ☆ 4-Dec● OS 7.8 ● Deepshining v3.0 'NokiaLove' ● Devstore8 ☆ ★ ☆

Search This thread

tooly26

Mar 22, 2010
thx 4 great rom...will test it...
in first post u write flash nodo rom...man there are no nodo roms for titan....its a mango phone...better write flash a old mango rom...maybe v 1.09 or something

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
Can someone please report after flashing and testing this?

Few questions also:

Why do we need to set all programs as trusted from root manager?

This one really does not matter, but what registry editor you cooked in to this and why not rather Root Tools?

Thanks!

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
I didnt want to wait naymore so I flashed and installing everything now. Seems to be working nicely. Lot of bugs (wrong color menu) though with accents with light theme. Example the shining red does not work with Nokia Drive (newest version from market place).

I dont know why cheffs dont use more of the OEM/Operator themes in the roms, as they are "working officially" with everything. Colors are about the same anyway, maybe someone smarter can explain the reasoning to me on that. Here are some of the accents if anyone is interested:

Orange Accent Code --> #FFFF6501
T-Mobile Grey Accent Code --> #FF4b4b4b
Vodafone Accent Code --> #FFEF001F
Virgin Media Accent Code --> #FFCC0001
Giffgaff Accent Code --> #FFCBFE33
HTC Green Accent Code --> #FF69B40F
Nokia Blue Accent Code --> #FF004C9A

I guess there are more around the world?

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Starting to have everything installed again. Seems to be a great rom, but havent done any proper testing yet.

Few things make this great in my opinion:

The extra sounds for notifications
That most "settings style" apps are actually at settings and not filling up applications menu

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Anyone else can confirm that Creative Studio has dissapeared from Nokia Apps in marketplace? EDIT: No it actully has been moved out from Nokia collection so I guess its now available to all devices.

Like I said earlier there are problems when using light theme. With this short testing it seems ALL extra themes give wrong menu colors with light theme, for example AppoinTile bought from marketplace does not work with any I tested with using light theme. I dont know anything about cooking, but I would assume that the accents I posted before should work on black/white themes correctly as they are officially in the roms, or what is the cause of this?

Anyway I like this rom, I will keep it, but its a shame I have to use HTC Green because I like the light theme better.

Last edited:

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Like I said earlier there are problems when using light theme. With this short testing it seems ALL extra themes give wrong menu colors with light theme, for example AppoinTile bought from marketplace does not work with any I tested with using light theme. I dont know anything about cooking, but I would assume that the accents I posted before should work on black/white themes correctly as they are officially in the roms, or what is the cause of this?

Anyway I like this rom, I will keep it, but its a shame I have to use HTC Green because I like the light theme better.

I think I've mentioned it before in WPV ROM thread too. Any of these extra added "themes" in any ROMs is more or less useless for most 3rd party tiles. They will become grey or black tiles mostly. It isn't just light background, other backgrounds too.

Only "new themes" that actually work are added stock themes. Anything other than actual stock, doesn't matter how attractive it sounds, as soon as I read "added themes" I don't account that as a feature. Because it only makes 1st party apps change colour not the 2nd and 3rd party. You will also see this grey on black and white on white text issues with custom themes. It isn't just in this ROM but all the ROMs that have 'custom themes' added. Because I am guessing it needs much more graphics digging than just adding accents to ROMs via RegHacks. It goes deeper than we think.

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
I think I've mentioned it before in WPV ROM thread too. Any of these extra added "themes" in any ROMs is more or less useless for most 3rd party tiles. They will become grey or black tiles mostly. It isn't just light background, other backgrounds too.

Only "new themes" that actually work are added stock themes. Anything other than actual stock, doesn't matter how attractive it sounds, as soon as I read "added themes" I don't account that as a feature. Because it only makes 1st party apps change colour not the 2nd and 3rd party. You will also see this grey on black and white on white text issues with custom themes. It isn't just in this ROM but all the ROMs that have 'custom themes' added. Because I am guessing it needs much more graphics digging than just adding accents to ROMs via RegHacks. It goes deeper than we think.

Yes it seems so... The tiles not being in the right color is nothing compared to the white on white menu texts.

Im tempted to sideload AdvancedConfig and replace the extra accents with the ones I posted above. I just dont know, that so often has resulted to the theme menu not opening anymore anf need to hard reset. Usually if I plan to do something like that I do it first thing so I dont need to instal everything again.

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Yes it seems so... The tiles not being in the right color is nothing compared to the white on white menu texts.

Im tempted to sideload AdvancedConfig and replace the extra accents with the ones I posted above. I just dont know, that so often has resulted to the theme menu not opening anymore anf need to hard reset. Usually if I plan to do something like that I do it first thing so I dont need to instal everything again.

Instead I would invest time in finding out how to regedit and remove these accent colours first. If you remove additional accent colours and added something fresh less chances of theme menu getting screwed up. I am sure there was a tutorial to replace the stock accent colours with the ones of your choice, but it doesn't change names of actual theme. It is somewhere in Windows Phone Dev section, will try to see where I read that.

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
Haha ok this is a funny one....

I took the leap of faith and installed AdvancedConfig. Went to accents and started to edit and change "shining accents" one by one to the ones I provided above. Changed all of them, booted and was happy to see that the accent menu was working and opened. However inside the preview color of the accent had changed to the one I changed it to, but the name was still original one, even though I edited that also naturally. Ok, but when choosing a accent the accent also is the original one, so only the preview dot shows the color I change it to.

BUT now menu texts started to work... On a fast test no more white on white menus. Tested it thus far with "Shining orange" and "Shining red" accents. So for now Im satisfied with this result!!!!

PLEASE cheff's. Start using the OEM/Operator accents rather than your own, because if the result is buggy its no use at all...

Thanks for this Rom, Im keeping it and reposting back if anything comes up.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

I did more testing with accent editing and bottom line is:

With this rom you can delete, but not add accents using AdvancedConfig. If you edit existing "extra accent", it will not edit the actual accent or name, however it will change that accent reg settings somehow and white/white menu text problem dissapears. I didnt try to edit the normal accents because I was afraid I will mess everything and have to hard reset.

Last edited:

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
I just couldnt let it be :D

I did a hardreset and first thing installed AdvacedConfig and edited the accents. Everything worked as supposed to. Now the accents I posted above work fully. I dont know why, but I have noticed this in other roms too. If you want to edit accents with AdvancedConfig, best change to get it to work is if you do it right after hardreset.

At this moment I like this Rom the most out here. Thanks a lot!

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
Can someone please report after flashing and testing this?

Few questions also:

Why do we need to set all programs as trusted from root manager?

This one really does not matter, but what registry editor you cooked in to this and why not rather Root Tools?

Thanks!

I have decided to use ultrashot Root Manager because this app allows you to choose which app you trust but more importantit is also necessary with the unlock method I have used, also from ultrashot. If for some reason a homebrew app does not work make sure to confirm that is marked as trusted in Root Manager.

I did not cook root tools to avoid confusions with root manager. Having two apps doing the same thing its not a good idea and since I wanted a registry editor in the rom I cooked that app.

I did a hardreset and first thing installed AdvacedConfig and edited the accents. Everything worked as supposed to. Now the accents I posted above work fully. I dont know why, but I have noticed this in other roms too. If you want to edit accents with AdvancedConfig, best change to get it to work is if you do it right after hardreset.

About themes and accents let me be honest with you. I have made those themes and accents one year ago, in fact it was the first WP7 custom rom with more than the 2 default themes. It is was a tricky work and it took me several ours to make it work, to many reboots, specially when we try to mess and play around with the light theme. Since than, I never touch those themes again, I know that there are some bugs there and maybe I fix those problems later. You have those bugs with other roms too because when I made the deepshining 13 themes people started dumped my rom and well...copy paste.

Thanks for your feedback and have fun.

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com

I have just checked my inbox.
THANKS for your kind support. It is not very common these days.

Thanks again

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
No no, thank you for coming to Titan, good things. Most likely I wont be flashing until the 7.8 starts appearing :D

Last edited:

herlek

Oct 17, 2007
Nieuwerkerken
@dot

There is a a more practical solution for the problem with choosing accent colors with adv config. Put all the colors and gradation of colors in rom like I did. I 've now more then 300 accentcolors in my rom and this way you have all the colors you can imagine. I was afraid that putting so many accentcolors in rom would make the rom slow but after testing I must say that it doesn't effect speed. If someone wants the full list for its rom I would be glad to share the registry settings. (it's a long list and a lot of work but no need to do do that work again)

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
There is a a more practical solution for the problem with choosing accent colors with adv config. Put all the colors and gradation of colors in rom like I did. I 've now more then 300 accentcolors in my rom and this way you have all the colors you can imagine. I was afraid that putting so many accentcolors in rom would make the rom slow but after testing I must say that it doesn't effect speed. If someone wants the full list for its rom I would be glad to share the registry settings. (it's a long list and a lot of work but no need to do do that work again)

WOW that sounds amazing! Are you experiencing any white on white menus etc bugs with them?

herlek

Oct 17, 2007
Nieuwerkerken
WOW that sounds amazing! Are you experiencing any white on white menus etc bugs with them?

I don't know yet - usualy I get the info after someone gives feedback. But I find it more easier to pick the color against the choosen themebackgroundcolor.
I think that we will always have problems with the custom themes - all the apps are developped with the stock dark and light theme so there will be usually some problems with the custom themes. But it makes roms more attractive for the users. And Dot has indeed giving us as one of the first the idea to experiment with the themes.

Last edited:

Witchd0ctor

Jan 24, 2012
Rotterdam

Yes please! share the reg keys :good::D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TROM] ☆ ★ ☆ 4-Dec● OS 7.8 ● Deepshining v3.0 'NokiaLove' ● Devstore8 ☆ ★ ☆

<< DEEPSHINING UPDATES AND DEVELOPMENT NEW HOME >>
    http://wp7deepshining.wordpress.com/

TANGO ROM FULLY UNLOCKED WITH INTERNET SHARING
    Developer Interop unlock + Max number unsigned apps + prevent relocking
    25 Languages + 13 Themes + 19 Accents
    Please make sure to read the INSTRUCTIONS​

1. You must have RSPL/HSPL installed in your device.
    2. Flash appropriate Radio
    3. Before doing any operations be sure you have battery level more than 50%!
    4. Download and flash DeepShining ROM.​

Warranty Issues
    Be warned, using RSPL may void your warranty.
    If you need to send your device to a Repair Centre, make sure that it looks like stock! Install stock official ROM before go to Repair Centre.​

forumframe78.jpg

25 Available Languages:
    German, English, Spanish, Italian, French, Czech, Danish, Greek, Finnish, Hungarian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Chinese Simplified and Traditional, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazil, Japanese, Korean, indonisian, Melayu, Turkish and World Wide English.

.​

DEEPSHINING BUILT-IN APPS

Devstore8 - homebrew apps and a lot more :rolleyes:

screencapture11.jpg
    screencapture6.jpg
    screencapture8h.jpg

screencapture7.jpg
    screencapture10.jpg
    screencapture9d.jpg

_________

Spot ON - Use your device in a usefull way with Bing Maps :cowboy:

screenshot0b.jpg
    screenshot1wz.jpg
    screenshot2yz.jpg
    screenshot3a.jpg
    screenshot5ec.jpg

APP Webpage here

DEEPSHINING SUPERTOOL - a new experience for WP7 lovers :cool:

REVIEWS
    1800Pocketpc.com great review
    First wpcentral article
    another one here.
    WMPoweruser article and here
    WP7Lab article / and a 2nd review here
    thwindows.com

Download latest Deepshining v3.0 'NokiaLove' here

LINK TO ALL TITAN PREVIOUS ROMS

=================================================

Thanks to:
    Sandman01
    Chevron team
    Football
    Ansar
    Xboxmod
    itje
    pdaimatejam
    GoodDayToDie
    ted973 and btxakita
    feropont

Thanks to ALL Homebrew App Devs:

Special thanks to:
    ultrashot
    sh4d0w86
    mwang/DFT
    AnDim
    barikatdiss

A big thanks to Donators XDA Community
    Windows Phone 7.8

Hi Guys,

Here is th Windows Phone 7.8 Rom

Release v2.0 Change log: 27/09 Deepshining WP 7.8 details:

• Windows Phone 7.8
    • Full Unlocked
    • All Marketplace apps working
    • Languages Available: German, English, Spanish, Italian, French, Czech, Danish, Greek, Finnish, Hungarian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Chinese Simplified and Traditional, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazil, Japanese, Korean, indonisian, Melayu, Turkish and World Wide English
    • Devstore8 v3.0.0

IMPORTANT:
    . After flashing ROM Go to programs and run ROOT Manager and select All applications trusted.

> Download Titan Deepshining WP 7.8 v2.0

Enjoy!
    New Rom

Hi guys,

New ROM with USB Video Out is ready

Release v1.2 Details: 1st September Deepshining Tango 8779 details:

1. Windows Phone 7 USB Video Out - Video
    2. Turkish Language
    3. Added htcroutetools

IMPORTANT: After flashing ROM Go to programs and run ROOT Manager and select All applications trusted.
    If you run USB Video Out app, your system will become slow. Make sure to run it again and click yes to restore USB profile to default.

> Download Deepshining Tango 8779 v1.2

Have fun!!!
    yo in radio page they say some problems for at&t titan with radio 17 .

In that case, don't flash Radio 17 and any ROM that needs radio 17.

In *some* cases yes they are issues for AT&T Titans. If you find it risky to try, best solution for you is: Flash radio 16 and flash ROMs that use radio 16.

I might update the list of ROM in FAQs sticky with what radio versions are supported and what Eternity can run those ROMs so in future no one has to post in all ROM threads!
    Hello,

What is the radio version of this new rom? 17 or 16

Thanks
    It does not have any radio, you choose. ;)

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express