[APP][4.0+][FREE] Mini Tasker

Search This thread

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This thread is closed. Please use this thread for news and updates on Condi: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46657479

Condi (previously Mini Tasker) is a free android automation app for ICS or higher.

The app allows users to quickly set up fairly complex actions when certain conditions are met, without sacrificing battery life, and with the ability to easily share tasks between users. We never poll (everything comes from a broadcast), and we're pretty minimalistic so the memory footprint is reasonable. We use google play services to detect location using low power sensors and recognize activity like walking or driving.

This is a university project, and our first android app, we're very humbled by over 30k downloads, this is very unexpected and we're very grateful for the feedback and bug reports, you're awesome!

Me and my partner made this app this summer for academic credit so we give it out completely for free, without ads or tracking.

We decided to change the name to avoid any conflicts with the original Tasker (Pent is a nice person and you should buy his app), too bad there are so many reviews already out there using the old name.

This week we finally submitted the project (after some delays), which means we can start changing big stuff (the last 10 or so releases we're bug fixes only). We're gonna push our first beta version next sunday to the beta channel, please subscribe to this mailing list to get it: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/minitasker

Your feedback is appreciated, you can email us at contact@kix.co.il or reply here.
Thanks,
Anton and Michal

Download Condi (previously Mini Tasker) at Google Play

Changes:

v0.2.13
* volume control ui bug fixed
* activity detection delay setting more visible
* UTF-8 support for task sharing

v0.2.12
* new condition - on boot
* location editor auto focuses on current location, minimal radius enforcement of 75 meters as it's unlikely the low power sensors will ever give a higher accuracy than that.
* music player song picker now uses native dialog and native addresses - support for most players that can open mp3
* music player - play pause toggle buttons now use broadcasts instead of keyboard presses - no longer crashes youtube, get's stuck on total command etc.
* activity recognition (i.e. drive walk...) upped the confidence level, and now there's a programmable delay for the end task (see the settings window).
* fixed a crash on forwarding SMS from known numbers.
* wifi still wasn't included as it wasn't stable enough for the time.

v0.2.10
* wifi crash fixed, can't send sms during calls fix
* volume control now properly mutes in all cases

v0.2.9
* Inverse locations (start when leaving a location)
* Delete actions and conditions from the edit screen
* A lot of memory leak fixes

v0.2.4:
* I messed up with 0.2.3 a bit, sms forwarding and call silencing are not using the correct values of the message and origin.
* Fixed a rare crash on the settings dialog
* Fixed a calendar condition crash when no calendars / events exist.
* Apparently a lot of times our application was killed in the background for not responding, and this corrupted the states of events and made things not run as expected, so now there's a background service that should take care of that. Memory footprint is around 5mb which is still less then Tasker.
* Superuser actions sometime hanged the app, and made it crash for ANR. This should now be taken care of

Last edited:

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
network mode should be easy enough, we already play with these settings on the "3g toggle", i just need to generalize it a bit.
i'll look into the tethering thing.

i'm adding both to the next major release. it might take 2 weeks or so for our work to be graded, then i'll push it to the public channel.
if you want you can join the alpha channel here and i'll try to get something together there sooner.

more things that will be added next are:
* better calendar support (currently doesn't support repeat events)
* wifi on/off condition
* wifi near ssid condition

suggestions are welcome :)

Reactions: famewolf

android addicts

Jan 8, 2012
Not working on Galaxy S3 CM10.1 RC2. Try to open play list when connecting any headset. But after I connected, mini tasker disabled that profile ( I have poweramp, uninstalled Apollo). :( :confused:

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
network mode should be easy enough, we already play with these settings on the "3g toggle", i just need to generalize it a bit.

i'm adding both to the next major release. it might take 2 weeks or so for our work to be graded, then i'll push it to the public channel.
if you want you can join the alpha channel here and i'll try to get something together there sooner.

* wifi on/off condition

Thanks for reply and info.

As far as further suggestions....I've seen "wifi near" used in several apps but never saw a "bluetooth near" option....I don't know if it's feasible but if you can specify a specific "id" it could quickly distinguish when I'm home or in the car and then enable the appropriate commands such as linking to my car/home cordless phones via bluetooth.

O2Blevel

Sep 15, 2012
I'd like to try your app but I can't find it on the Play Store and when I access Play Store with a browser it says my device is not compatible. I have a nexus 7 running android 4.3

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
Afaik bluetooth near is not a broadcast.
It should be much cleaner to add bluetooth state changed to detect the car connecting.
The car dock condition and activity detection in the current stable are already quite cool.
My car detection is based on charger+dock. The dock is enable by another software when the bluetooth connects.

Anyway, added to the wishlist.

The app works very well on my Nexus 7 but I think I need to add a 10" screenshot to make the market consider it compatible. I'll try to arrange that now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
I didn't test with poweramp yet, i did with Apollo.
Not all players support internal storage style urls, even Google Play music fails.
That means any app that doesn't work right now needs custom support with some sort of url hack, which makes sharing profiles almost impossible across different setups.
I'll try to tackle this issue on the next major.
For now, try adding a launch app action, and a play music button emulation action. I'll try to arrange better support for more apps soon.

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
how about using incoming sms as a trigger to do the app launching etc?

it's possible already but there's no ui to easily do this atm. right now you can add an action to the sms forward condition but i guess you'll want to match the text as well and also, not do the forwarding part.
added to the wishlist.

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
Support for tablets is now available.
Still no major changes or new features as our work is yet to be graded.

Wintaru

Sep 25, 2013
No leaving location?

Tasker is missing this too, is it possible to have a "Not at Location" as an event? I'd like to be able to send a message to my wife when I'm leaving work, but there is no way to set an event for when leaving a location.

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
The real tasker has a concept of "end task", we do implicit end task (we automatically guess or restore to last state).
Location indeed is missing an inverse, i'll add it up on the next major release.

What you might want to do for now is 3 conditions:
Time based - evening
Location - work
Activity - driving
Conditions are combined with "and".

btw I just pushed an update to fix a regression on forwarding sms and silencing calls, also a couple of crashes reported today.
Update is avaliable now on google play.

Also you can now use the %%PHONE%% variable in the text of the send sms action when the condition is phone call silencing.
This might be useful to tell your other phone you just had a call.

Last edited:

mrdoug

Jun 11, 2013
Nice app. Tried it out this morning. One thing I would have liked to do, but could not find the option... Is there a way (or could it be added) to set it so bluetooth and wifi go on when I launch Google maps and navigation? I don't see an 'at launch' trigger.

I don't run them regularly for battery reasons (HTC One's big downfall is the middle of the road battery).

Sent from my rooted Speak and Spell running OS X Mountain Lion.

phntm

Oct 7, 2010
Hi everyone, first of all, wow, thanks for all the kind words, we really didn't expect to be noticed so quickly :)
A quick update: we did fix the application-not-responding crashes almost entirely, only now there's a new problem...
We've got a couple of crashes on 0.2.4, mostly from toasts launched from the background, and like always, these only started after we published the update.
We're gonna push a fix for these real soon, keep the crash reports flowing, they help a lot.

Fubie3

Jul 7, 2011
I setup a task that "When Driving" navigates me to my home address between 15:30 and 18:30 and it repeats every weekday.

The two problems that I ran into is that is uses Waze(which is installed) instead of Google Maps. I cannot choose what app I want to use if I have multiple installed.

The second problem is that I had to travel at over 50mph before the task kicked in. I cannot choose a speed for it to kick in.

Other than that it is a very solid app. :cyclops:

Dodgylegs

Aug 13, 2010
Really love this app do far. Thank you and good luck - I hope you get the grades you deserve.

One question... I hope you can help me please...

I want Mini Tasker to turn off my Mobile Data connection when I get home and turn on my WiFi... I think I've managed to sort that bit.

But how do I reverse it so when I leave home it turns off my WiFi and turns on my Data Connection?

I'm guessing I'm missing something glaringly obvious.

Thank you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

SavedByGrace

Jul 17, 2013
I setup a task that "When Driving" navigates me to my home address between 15:30 and 18:30 and it repeats every weekday.

The two problems that I ran into is that is uses Waze(which is installed) instead of Google Maps. I cannot choose what app I want to use if I have multiple installed.

The second problem is that I had to travel at over 50mph before the task kicked in. I cannot choose a speed for it to kick in.

Other than that it is a very solid app. :cyclops:

Something else I notice is that if I'm in stop and go traffic (I have Mini Tasker turn bluetooth on while driving and biking) the bluetooth will turn back off if I'm stopped. Technically the Mini Tasker command is only to turn on bluetooth, not to turn it off when not driving or biking.

Is this supposed to happen? If so could you separate the on and off and also put it in the description that it will do so? That would be very helpful. =]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This thread is closed. Please use this thread for news and updates on Condi: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46657479

Condi (previously Mini Tasker) is a free android automation app for ICS or higher.

The app allows users to quickly set up fairly complex actions when certain conditions are met, without sacrificing battery life, and with the ability to easily share tasks between users. We never poll (everything comes from a broadcast), and we're pretty minimalistic so the memory footprint is reasonable. We use google play services to detect location using low power sensors and recognize activity like walking or driving.

This is a university project, and our first android app, we're very humbled by over 30k downloads, this is very unexpected and we're very grateful for the feedback and bug reports, you're awesome!

Me and my partner made this app this summer for academic credit so we give it out completely for free, without ads or tracking.

We decided to change the name to avoid any conflicts with the original Tasker (Pent is a nice person and you should buy his app), too bad there are so many reviews already out there using the old name.

This week we finally submitted the project (after some delays), which means we can start changing big stuff (the last 10 or so releases we're bug fixes only). We're gonna push our first beta version next sunday to the beta channel, please subscribe to this mailing list to get it: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/minitasker

Your feedback is appreciated, you can email us at contact@kix.co.il or reply here.
    Thanks,
    Anton and Michal

Download Condi (previously Mini Tasker) at Google Play

Changes:

v0.2.13
    * volume control ui bug fixed
    * activity detection delay setting more visible
    * UTF-8 support for task sharing

v0.2.12
    * new condition - on boot
    * location editor auto focuses on current location, minimal radius enforcement of 75 meters as it's unlikely the low power sensors will ever give a higher accuracy than that.
    * music player song picker now uses native dialog and native addresses - support for most players that can open mp3
    * music player - play pause toggle buttons now use broadcasts instead of keyboard presses - no longer crashes youtube, get's stuck on total command etc.
    * activity recognition (i.e. drive walk...) upped the confidence level, and now there's a programmable delay for the end task (see the settings window).
    * fixed a crash on forwarding SMS from known numbers.
    * wifi still wasn't included as it wasn't stable enough for the time.

v0.2.10
    * wifi crash fixed, can't send sms during calls fix
    * volume control now properly mutes in all cases

v0.2.9
    * Inverse locations (start when leaving a location)
    * Delete actions and conditions from the edit screen
    * A lot of memory leak fixes

v0.2.4:
    * I messed up with 0.2.3 a bit, sms forwarding and call silencing are not using the correct values of the message and origin.
    * Fixed a rare crash on the settings dialog
    * Fixed a calendar condition crash when no calendars / events exist.
    * Apparently a lot of times our application was killed in the background for not responding, and this corrupted the states of events and made things not run as expected, so now there's a background service that should take care of that. Memory footprint is around 5mb which is still less then Tasker.
    * Superuser actions sometime hanged the app, and made it crash for ANR. This should now be taken care of
    I didn't test with poweramp yet, i did with Apollo.
    Not all players support internal storage style urls, even Google Play music fails.
    That means any app that doesn't work right now needs custom support with some sort of url hack, which makes sharing profiles almost impossible across different setups.
    I'll try to tackle this issue on the next major.
    For now, try adding a launch app action, and a play music button emulation action. I'll try to arrange better support for more apps soon.

* wifi on/off condition

Thanks,

It does not refire while the condition is true (unlike tasker), but actions will run when conditions ends and starts again.

On is just as good as toggle. When condition is done it restores last value.

I've upped a big internal update (0.2.9), should pop on the market in an hour or two.

Btw, tasker's Pent did ask us to change the name.
    I'm open to suggestions.

Possible names: Lynup (line-up), Funkshen (function)?