[ROM][AOSP][4.4.4][Unofficial] Beanstalk 4.4.065 [10-8-14][ALL M8]

Search This thread

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Beanstalk-Presentation.png

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by scott.hart.bti. The OP is from scott.hart.bti per his instructions for ports. The first few post will be his stuff and mine will follow after that. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and scott.hart.bi has added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with scott.hart.bti's current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

scott.hart.bti plans on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Interested in Porting/Building BeanStalk on another device? Check out Post #3!
If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.

Features.png

• CM based
  • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
  • Customizable Lockscreen text color
  • Lockscreen rotation
  • Option to enable all widgets
  • Minimize lockscreen challange
  • Use widget carousel
  • Slider Shortcuts
  • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
  • Lockscreen button actions
  • LCD Density
  • Scroll elasticity options
  • Default App grip option
  • Custom Carrier label
  • Dual Pane options
  • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
  • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
  • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
  • Status bar color and transparency
  • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
  • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
  • Breathing SMS option
  • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
  • Do not disturb option
  • Show notification count
  • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
  • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
  • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
  • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
  • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
  • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
  • High end graphic effects option
  • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
  • Low battery warning customizable options
  • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
  • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
  • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
  • Less frequent Notification sounds options
  • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
  • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
  • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
  • CM Performance options and features
  • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
  • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
  • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
  • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Bugs.png

* NONE.

Gapps.png

Download 4.4 GAPPs from here

Download.png

***For a complete listing of all supported BeanStalk devices and downloads, please visit www.goo.im/devs/beanstalk***

10-8-14 -- Buids Locatted here-Rough changelog in 2nd post.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18252 BeanStalk-4.4.4065- 10/8/14 -- Android File Host Folder

Although I will keep helping with those here on xda

***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. I am working on this myself and do not have a team that is helping me. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... I am doing this for fun. It is my CHOICE to share my work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like my work, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***

Installation.png

• Make sure you are rooted.
  • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest GAPPs package.
  • Boot into recovery
  • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
  • Reboot into recovery
  • Flash BeanStalk build
  • Flash GAPPs package
  • Reboot

Source.png

SlimROM source can be found HERE
DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
Beanstalk source can be found HERE

Donate.png

Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Contributors
scott.hart.bti
DirtyUnicorns as I used their device trees
XboxfanJ- Cause he is a Jack of all traits here on XDA!

Version Information

Last edited:

pimpmaneaton

Reserved

Reserved
10-6
- Latest kernel improvements from Liquid Smooth which came from HTC.
-Changes in M8 device tree that help overall performance and fixed conflicts with kernel tweaker.
-Checkbox added to disable Notification count
-Miui Like Status Bar carrier label
- Removed a couple of duplicate settings that we had throughout tweaks.
-Moved xposed apps to their own section in BeanStalk Options.
-Added OmniSwitch that is accessible via BeanStalk options, it currently is not able to be set as default for recents but is still handy.
-All latest changes from BeanStalk.
-Also kernel now under clocks to 268 and is over clock able to 2803

Another new build is up and has the same date of 9-24.

-Its has some theme fixes
-Active Display- new features and changes
-New display animations scale in dev menu
- Active Display shake events added.

9-23
- New Search option in settings menu
- Brought in CPU Freq Tile.
- Replaced Omni Performance with Kernel tweaker.
- Working Carrier logo in status bar if the option is selected.
- Call recording.
- Using a new kernel that I forked from Dirty Unicorns and added many options and also took out kernel supported double tap to wake and sweep to wake as we have the ability to sent those in settings/display/screen of gestures
- MMS Settings- Moved Emoji options down to Extra Settings.
- MMS- Made system icon ICS Blue(I'm not a fan of the green.)
- Pressing app icon in apps info screen in settings will launch that app, this was ported from a Xposed module
- Long pressing the Mobile tile will now take you to Mobile Settings instead of Data Usage.

I think that's it but might be missing a few things, github has all the changes listed( and then some as I was all over the place getting these working), but that is the most important ones.

Many thanks to scotthartbti, Dirty Unicorns.

NEW KERNEL INFO

Governors
-dancedance
-wheatly
-nightmare
-abyssplug
-conservative
-ondemand
-userspace
-powersave
-interactive
-performance

IO Scheduler
-noop
-deadline
-row
-cfq
-fifo
-bfq
-sio
-vr
-zen
-tripndroid
-fiops

TCP Congestion Control
-veno
-westwood
-reno
-bic
-cubic
-highspeed
-hybla
-htcp
-vegas
-scalable
-lp
-yeah
-illinois

CLOCK SPEED
300-2265mMHz

9-17-14- CyanogenMod 11 Theme Engine.
- Ability to color and make transparent the heads up notification background
- MMS Custom User Agent
- MMS Quick Emoji brought back.

9-12-14- New Speed Dial ported from CM11MOD rom which orginally ported it from Mokee Rom.

9-11-14- Rom and Kernel built using their own Linaro Tool Chains.
- Added 6 bar signal
-Added more lock screen handles.

9-8-14- Using my Repo of BeanStalk- I will be using my repo to bring in the new CM11 Theme Engine. http://www.github.com/Co-BeanStalk
- Using LiquidSmooth Device Tree- Ported to BeanStalk- This brought us screen off features.
- All Latest BeanStalk Repo Commits

8-27-- Built using Xboxfanj's Excaliber M8 kernel
- Using a black background for boot animation
- Added some color to the Busy Dialog screen.
- Re-synced to get anything new from cm and dirtyunicorns.

8-25- Torch App added to build.

8-24-Camfix- Camera Settings Force Close fixed.
-Xposed Framework updated
-App Setting app updated

8-24- Initial Release

Last edited:

pimpmaneaton

REserved

Building_Beanstalk.png

So your interested in Building/Porting for another device?! Follow this guide! **Please make sure to give proper credits and Use the layout i have in the first post.** - If you need assistance, please send me a PM, do NOT post questions in this thread. I may open a general porting/building thread in another section depending on how this goes. You must have some general experience/knowledge in this area to complete this. Building from Linux platforms. In particular Ubuntu 10.04

If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.

Setup to build - This section can be skipped if youve ever built anything before. This is for first time build setup.
http://nathanpfry.com/2014/08/29/howto-setup-ubuntu-14-10-utopic-unicorn-compile-android-roms

http://www.scottsroms.com/showthread.php?5105-Guide-AOSP-Build-Guide-Build-from-AOSP-Source-for-Nexus-Devices-Ubuntu-14-04

2. Type: mkdir ~/bin
3. Type: PATH=~/bin:$PATH
4. Type: curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
5. Type: chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

From terminal
1. type 'cd'. This will bring you to your root folder.
2. type 'mkdir beanstalk'. This will create a folder named beanstalk.
3. type 'cd beanstalk'. This will take you to the beanstalk directory created from previous step
4. type 'repo init -u git://github.com/scotthartbti/android.git -b kk44'. This will setup the folders to be synced.
5. type 'repo sync'. This will sync the folders to your beanstalk directory. Note - This will take some time depending on internet connection. Be patient!
6. After the repo sync finally finishes, all you need to do is add your device, kernel, vendor specific files for the device you are building for. (You must know what these are, dont bother asking me if your not sure.)
7. Make sure all your device specific files are setup as if you were going to build for CM.
8. Outside of terminal, navigate to beanstalk/vendor/cm. Double click on the get-prebuilts file and select run in terminal. This will fetch necessary files needed to build and place them where they need to be.
9. Type '. build/envsetup.sh && brunch "device name"'
10. Previous step will start building beanstalk for your device. The process takes anywhere from 1 - 3 hours depending on your computer.
11. Once completed, it will say package complete and you will have a beanstalk named zip file in your out folder.

Last edited:

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
I have been running the build he posted a while back an it was awesome...glad to see camera fix.

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
So I tried flashing the new build it flashed boot an then I had android phone has stopped rt away. Had to force boot to recovery an when I did that nothing could mount..in showed like I had no storage no SD nothing.. So I booted to bootloader an back to recovery an this time no errors an it showed my SD card an internal so I restored a backup an everything went fine....so I'm just wondering if anyone has flashed this build without issues ? I'm going to redownload an try it again here in a few

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
I have clean flashed twice and had no issues. What gapps are you using? But yes please download again. Maybe I need to do another upload, not like those go perfect every time.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

I used gapps you posted this time. On your 1st build I used 4.4.4 min gapps had no issues...I'll redownload now an see what happens

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
I have clean flashed twice and had no issues. What gapps are you using? But yes please download again. Maybe I need to do another upload, not like those go perfect every time.

Maybe this is why I had problems this morning. I'm trying it again now will let you know

Attachments

• 1408892552035.jpg
    1408892552035.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 653

ufkal

Sep 10, 2010
St. Louis
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I'm excited to see another AOSP rom for this phone. I do have a couple of quick questions.
Will I still be able to run some Verizon apps? As much as I hate bloat, there are a couple of apps that I do need to use to keep an eye on kids data usage.
Also, how about the FM receiver? Will this rom be able to access that?

Thanks for a great looking Rom, and the instructions for making your own. I think that is brilliant!

pimpmaneaton

Reactions: jax187 and krazie1

pimpmaneaton

I'm excited to see another AOSP rom for this phone. I do have a couple of quick questions.
Will I still be able to run some Verizon apps? As much as I hate bloat, there are a couple of apps that I do need to use to keep an eye on kids data usage.
Also, how about the FM receiver? Will this rom be able to access that?

Thanks for a great looking Rom, and the instructions for making your own. I think that is brilliant!

Yes this rom has AOSP FM also I use Verizon apps like the My Verizon Data Widget. I have a zip that I flash with all the AOSP roms that I install. Would you like me to attach that?

EDIT: Attached the verizon zip that I make on the phone. I update it when there are updates to the My Verizon Data Widget.

Attachments

• verizonapp8-14.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

jtommyj

Apr 24, 2011
I tried to install the fixed version but get an error in Twrp unable to open zip file. Anyone else or just me ?

pimpmaneaton

Deleted and am uploading again.

Sorry stopped it and am starting again. Noticed that Exposed framework was out of date and would not update due to broken signature so update closed framework and app settings apps. They will be also added to repo so will build from now on with newest apps.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beanstalk-Presentation.png

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by scott.hart.bti. The OP is from scott.hart.bti per his instructions for ports. The first few post will be his stuff and mine will follow after that. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and scott.hart.bi has added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with scott.hart.bti's current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

scott.hart.bti plans on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Interested in Porting/Building BeanStalk on another device? Check out Post #3!

Features.png

• CM based
    • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    • Customizable Lockscreen text color
    • Lockscreen rotation
    • Option to enable all widgets
    • Minimize lockscreen challange
    • Use widget carousel
    • Slider Shortcuts
    • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    • Lockscreen button actions
    • LCD Density
    • Scroll elasticity options
    • Default App grip option
    • Custom Carrier label
    • Dual Pane options
    • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
    • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    • Status bar color and transparency
    • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    • Breathing SMS option
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    • Do not disturb option
    • Show notification count
    • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
    • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
    • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
    • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
    • High end graphic effects option
    • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    • Low battery warning customizable options
    • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
    • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Bugs.png

* NONE.

Gapps.png

Download 4.4 GAPPs from here

Download.png

***For a complete listing of all supported BeanStalk devices and downloads, please visit www.goo.im/devs/beanstalk***

10-8-14 -- Buids Locatted here-Rough changelog in 2nd post.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18252 BeanStalk-4.4.4065- 10/8/14 -- Android File Host Folder

Although I will keep helping with those here on xda

***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. I am working on this myself and do not have a team that is helping me. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... I am doing this for fun. It is my CHOICE to share my work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like my work, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***

Installation.png

• Make sure you are rooted.
    • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest GAPPs package.
    • Boot into recovery
    • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Flash BeanStalk build
    • Flash GAPPs package
    • Reboot

Source.png

SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    Beanstalk source can be found HERE

Donate.png

Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Contributors
    scott.hart.bti
    DirtyUnicorns as I used their device trees
    XboxfanJ- Cause he is a Jack of all traits here on XDA!

Version Information
    New build is up.

New Build is up....get it will it's hot.
    There have been many updates pushed to beanstalk but I have forked the entire beanstalk repo and I am going to bring in the new theme engine if I can. I have a current build but had to build with the beanstalk camera as the cm one gave me errors. So that means camera setting does force close. Other than that everything works great. I am working as much as I can to get the new theme engine implemented in my spare time. I would really like to have it done this week.

Anyone who would like to follow my progress is more than welcome to and if able to lend a hand that would be awesome. My repo is below.

https://github.com/pimpmaneaton

New build has been uploaded.