Thanks for your help.
I managed to flash via CWM and now everything is great - and it sorted out my earlier problems which included lack of mobile internet, constant rebooting when turning on and problems with receiving sms texts.
For all those people having similar problem - here are the easy steps to get the new nightly 10.2 rom up and running on your Galaxy S:
1) Download the latest zip file for nightly ROM and latest GAPPS zipp file onto your computer.
2) Connect your mobile to computer and turn on the storage function so that you can see your phone's storage option on my computer.
3) Copy your 2 zip files from above to your phone's storage as zip files without extracting.
4) unplug your phone from the PC, turn off and then go into CWM via volume down/home and power buttons.
5) Select install zip from SD Card and then you should see error message something like 'partition is incorrect/different and you need to wipe data - don't worry about this as you will keep all your apps, ringtones, pictures etc.
6) Install zip from SD card a second time - this should now start the install process. Install the GAPPS file once this is done.
7) Reboot and you should be faced with a Cyanogenmod registration page. Go through the completion process and then your ready to go.
8) check in about phone in your settings to see the latest update in your settings.
I hope this works for you all but as always...this is what worked for me on my Galaxy S and any mod is at your own risk and I wont accept any abuse.
Originally Posted by freakymod2120
It should work ,but i know with some of CM10.2-nightlies there was a bug and pawitp (the dev) makes a warning not to use the inbuilt updater ...but i think with the last nightlies it should work ...my way is flashing over CWM with the zip-file and not "over the air" ...
Is there any error?
You need 2 posts then you can report a bug here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2385178
or i would do it for you ...