[GUIDE] Restore your original MAC address after installing custom rom
Hello everyone, this is my first post here.
I signed up because i wanted to share how i solved the MAC address question. Simply, after flashing a custom rom, the phone gets the developers MAC. How to solve this?
- First of all, you'll need an Hex editor. Install it and give it root access.
- Before disabling wifi, take note of you new mac address.
- There are 4 files in /data/etc called wlan_maccaddr0, wlan_maccaddr1, wlan_maccaddr2, wlan_maccaddr3. Take note of these addresses.
- Then open /etc/firmware/wlan/prima/WCNSS_1com_wlan_nv.bin with your hex editor. (Backup before editing!)
You will probably have something like that.
You will see the new mac address repeated four times. you must substitute each address with the one you read in step 3.
Note that they differ only for the last character. (remember: two numbers is a character)
- End up with something like that.
- That should do the trick. Reboot and rejoice
Please don't be harsh to me, it's only my way to introduce myself
EDIT: Reported to work on Xperia T and Xperia V