[Q] flashing roms

Search This thread

E4with

Mar 5, 2014
Hello xda. I have a simple and probably stupid question but i have rooted my g2 and installed twrp with little to no issue. I downloaded the hellfire kitkat rom and flashed it through twrp. Is it normal to get a bootloop after install? After install i wiped like everything in the posts said and when i rebooted i just got the lg logo looping. I let my phone sit for about 10 mins like that before recovering my original rom.

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Hello xda. I have a simple and probably stupid question but i have rooted my g2 and installed twrp with little to no issue. I downloaded the hellfire kitkat rom and flashed it through twrp. Is it normal to get a bootloop after install? After install i wiped like everything in the posts said and when i rebooted i just got the lg logo looping. I let my phone sit for about 10 mins like that before recovering my original rom.

Are you sure you downloaded the correct ROM, first? 2nd, be sure you are using at least TWRP 2.6.3.3 or you will have problems.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

E4with

Mar 5, 2014
Are you sure you downloaded the correct ROM, first? 2nd, be sure you are using at least TWRP 2.6.3.3 or you will have problems.

Yeah i downloaded the file for the ls980...which is the sprint version of the g2. I installed the gapps right after. I believe that i am using twrp 2.6.3.3 becuase when i tried to install 2.6.3.2 it made my phone go into fatboot mode. I will double check that as well.

E4with

Mar 5, 2014
Yeah i downloaded the file for the ls980...which is the sprint version of the g2. I installed the gapps right after. I believe that i am using twrp 2.6.3.3 becuase when i tried to install 2.6.3.2 it made my phone go into fatboot mode. I will double check that as well.

Just checked on the twrp and indeed i am running 2.6.3.3

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Did you try fixing permissions (I saw in hellfire rom thread that after flashing you should fix permissions and then reboot)

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

E4with

Mar 5, 2014
@E4with - the gapps package is the problem. You're flashing a 4.2.2 package on a 4.4.2 ROM. Update to the correct gapps and you won't bootloop.

That was my original assumption aldo but i checked the gapps pack and it is 4.4.2. So im still not quite sure what the problem us with the hellfire rom and my device. Also i tried the aeon flex rom and it worked and booted but would not give me and iption for mobile data usage so now im starting yo think that maybe i need to unroot and start over again.