Gservicefix

Search This thread

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Not sure if anyone has seen this...I just read about it on pulse but if anyone is interested in battery drain this may help or be a placebo effect......just sharing

2SHAYNEZ

Attachments

• 1401754015418.jpg
    1401754015418.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 584
Reactions: abumy

abumy

Mar 18, 2014
Not sure if anyone has seen this...I just read about it on pulse but if anyone is interested in battery drain this may help or be a placebo effect......just sharing

2SHAYNEZ

I have been looking at this too, have it saved in my wishlist on the play store while investigating it. Clearing Google services framework cache, etc., is not really a feasible solution to battery drain in my opinion so something to fix the issue would be great.

Would appreciate any feedback you have on it. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

amitk75

May 1, 2003
UK
GServiceFix worked!

I had same battery drain problem on XPERIA ZR (100 to 0 in 12 hours, Google services taking 85%) and I installed GServiceFix and followed the instructions. Battery is normal after that (100 to 30 in 16 hours, GS taking < 10%).

One thing I noticed was the location settings, it had changed it to "High Accuracy" and was turned off. I though of changing it and turned Location on and mode to the "Low Battery". Within minutes the GS % jumped to 80+%. So I again changed the mode to High Accuracy and turned location off. Restarted the device, but still the battery was draining faster. So I had again run the GServiceFix which fixed the battery back.

I feel it has something to do with the location settings (had seen few posts on that) and that too applying those settings in a particular order. Just a guess though...

Reactions: Perry2547

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Step one asks if GPS is on and if not if I want it on ?? Look lol ....then step to does something then reboots phone ........that's all.........to me it would male more sense if it was explaining what the hell it does.....oh well

2SHAYNEZ

2SHAYNEZ
    GServiceFix worked!

I had same battery drain problem on XPERIA ZR (100 to 0 in 12 hours, Google services taking 85%) and I installed GServiceFix and followed the instructions. Battery is normal after that (100 to 30 in 16 hours, GS taking < 10%).

One thing I noticed was the location settings, it had changed it to "High Accuracy" and was turned off. I though of changing it and turned Location on and mode to the "Low Battery". Within minutes the GS % jumped to 80+%. So I again changed the mode to High Accuracy and turned location off. Restarted the device, but still the battery was draining faster. So I had again run the GServiceFix which fixed the battery back.

I feel it has something to do with the location settings (had seen few posts on that) and that too applying those settings in a particular order. Just a guess though...